Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GIANTS wat do they need to draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  

wat position upgrade will get them to playoffs
WR
34%
 34%  [ 8 ]
OL
43%
 43%  [ 10 ]
LB
17%
 17%  [ 4 ]
DB
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 23

cujo611

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: GIANTS wat do they need to draft Reply with quote

i think a lot of moves will be done in offseason.
Toomer and/or Hilliard gone
Will Allen or Will Peterson gone
They need a receiver i think
wat do u think
Loyalbutsadfan:saints:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey you have to remeber it all starts up front if he gets time he can pass to any reciever
barlow32

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true dat. they need help upfront. toomer can be a solid # 1 wr i think in this league. they just need to get the qb some time to throw to him.
BoKnowsFootball

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I voted OL

Maybe the worst Offensive Line unit in the NFL

There still may be a quality OT left on the board and there will def be some top Guards to chose from
cujo611

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the offensive line is so bad y is tiki barber one of the top rushers in the league this year
Crickett

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the above except DB.
e16bball

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with crickett in that they need help at all those spots in addition to DL...but honestly thinking that one position upgrade is going to help the giants return to the playoffs next year is erroneous and wishful thinking...the giants are really a very weak team and it will take several years until they are ready to contend...eli is a good start, but the rest of the team is aging and declining in skills...in about 2007 i will start fearing the giants if they can put together a good nucleus of players soon
njmoney

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: wow Reply with quote

u guys are all nuts. the oline is solid all around. we need to move luke back to right and diehl to gaurd and get us a left tackle in the draft or FA. the problem the last 2 years hasnt been anyone position but the amount of injuries and stupid penalties. dont forget we were 5-2 at one point this year. and that was with warner. now think of what we can do with eli. i agree that hilliard will be gone due to his high cap number. we have as much talent as anyone in the league on O but r guys cant stay healthy. thats the problem.
shortnproud52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should add a none of the above...

The Giants suck, and i'd bet everything I own that they won;t make the playoffs next year, NFC or not.
marc1838

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:04 pm    Post subject: too early to tell... Reply with quote

Until the Giants make public the needs thye plan to address via FA, its too early to tell. There are many quality LT's that shouldbe available, and with the Giants making a huge investment in Eli, you can expect them to go after a quality LT rather than a project. By the time the Giants pick at 43, the top three LT's will already be gone, and the last thing they need is another project. And if they do sign a LT they can move Luke P back to RT and David Diehl to RG where he belongs. He played well there his rookie season and with Chris Snee, they have their guard positions locked up for a few years.

As far as WR, that is a major concern. Hilliard is most likely toast only b/c Tommer will cost too much against the cap to cut. There are a few big name WR's available, such as Plaxico Burress, but no one worth breaking the bank on. Same goes for MLB and Safety, which is why I think they're more likely to address those concerns in the draft. The Giants have a lot of money to spend this year, so if the front office finally gets it right, we'll see a major OL signing. Just my two cents.... Regardless, this team is still a few years away from winning. They're very young, except at the skill positions other than QB. So, if they can address those areas in the draft, they might be better off.
marc1838

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: njmoney.... Reply with quote

I also think that many people overlook the fact that they Giants haven't been able to create any turnovers on D. Gibril Wilson looked good, but Will Allen is garbage, as well as the other dopes, save for Will Peterson who is locked up. I think the biggest needs to address thru the draft are on D, with the exception of the D-Line, which when healthy, is solid. A weak LB core also made the D-Line look worse than it had to this year.

Secondly, outside of Tiki, we have no big playmakers. Shockey was way to inconsistent, and with no other solid WR threat, they can afford to focus their coverage on him.

What I hope they do during the draft is focus on a MLB, WR and CB/S... maybe a backup RB and QB in the later rounds. I'm tired of drafting depth... you cant sign everyone in FA, so they have to do a better job through the draft. Last year was good, but previous years were lacking.
Gojets

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a giants fan at all. I've seen all the games. Quick question, how the heck and you say Eli is the future if he plays like he has. In 7 starts 48.2% of his passes and he threw 9 int. Bad O-line or not, bad recivers or not, if your the future u should do at least a little more. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here. HE HAS DONE NOTHING YET! Call him the future when he does something good against a good team. They gave up too much and it doesn't matter wat the Giants do it will take to long to win it all.

Last edited by Gojets on Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
marc1838

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Gojets... Reply with quote

its seems quite obvious that you're posting on the giants board to rip on eli b/c you're just starting to figure out that chad pennington isn't as good as everyone believes. if you dont think that an O-line and the receivers you surround your QB with aren't integral factors, I think we have to question your football knowledge.
Gojets

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc1838 so we get this straight i said he "Has done nothing YET" I never said he won't do anything. Yes he could be a good QB and Yes he can be a flop. Just Like Big Ben could be. There still rookies. All that upsets me is that i saw a Giants jersey with the name Manning on the back. Usually a play has to play great before he gets his jersey sold in stores. He hasn't proven himself yet but everyone is talking of him like he is his brother already. I know i said he will be a flop but that was off a feeling that I have just because there is too much pressure on him to make the big plays like his dad and big bro. I apologize if i offended any of you but i wanted to state my opinion. But anyway good luck new year. In state rivals thatís all.
shortnproud52

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really can't talk about Chad Pennington at all...

--------------------Chad----------vs.----------Eli
W-L----------------9-4-------------------------1-6

Passer Rtg--------91.0------------------------55.4

Completion %----65.4------------------------48.2

YPG----------------182.8----------------------115.9

TD/G---------------1.3-------------------------0.67

INT/G--------------0.6-------------------------1.0

Oh BTW, Chad plays in the AFC (Pats, Steelers, Ravens, Bills, Chargers). Eli in the NFC (Eagles, no one else...)

And, Chad played thru injuries after Week 4 or something like that.

Annnnnnnnnnd Chad led his team into the playoffs...Eli led his team out of the playoffs.

Yes, Eli will get better...but will never reach the level of a healthy Chad Pennington, and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as his brother or father.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: