You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Samson Satele?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DawgX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Samson Satele? Reply with quote

What's everyone's thought on him. I watched some of the Hawaii vs. Arizona State game last night, and I mainly watched to see Colt and Satele. Sateele (sp?) simply seemed dominate every play, and I think he would be worth a 3rd or 4th round pick. He could play Center until Bentley was ready, and then he could possibly be the starting guard, or he could simply be a great depth player.

Thoughts?
G-Race22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've been saying that he's better than Justin Blalock since the begining of time it seems like.

Dawg24 sig
Seattle Fans:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
QB won't happen. Our QB of the future IS Charlie Frye.
Smile
ElipticDawg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that he only played center this year. His natural position is guard, and he's a damn good one at that. I think we'll end up re-signing Fraley to another year, but if we could draft Satele he could start at guard. Satele and Ramirez are 1-2 on my guard list right now.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Kyle Young from Fresno State played center might project to a combo guard center in the pros.
lacydog

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawaii produces decent linemen. Kynan Forney was the starting guard in Atlanta for 3 years before getting hurt this year, he's an alumni. And Vince Manuwai is another former Hawaii guard that's an NFL starter right now with the Jags.

The only knock on him is that he hasn't played at a high level of competition, but that hasn't been a problem for either Forney or Manuwai, as they're both pretty well regarded as offensive guards out of the same university.

I'd be happy if the Browns grabbed Satele or Tim Duckworth out of Auburn in the third or fourth round.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am thinking now with Mawaii off the market, we have Issac Sowells, and Fred Muta left, I think we need a 1rst day and second day guard, I dont think I want any of the F\A out there Stenibach is gonna cost a ton of cash, so I say either Steinbach or get two new ones in the draft.

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
BrownsFan731

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Satele and Ramirez are 1-2 on my guard list right now

Really? Why? I think Aaron Sears and Justin Blaylock will both be better. Mine goes like this.
1. Blaylock
2. Sears
3. Satele
4. Beekman
5. Ramirez

Sig Courteous of ElipticDawg

Love University of Kentucky sports? Check out KentuckyInk.com, ESPN affiliate
Brownzip

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd kind of rather go with a true guard on the first day (preferably second rounder) and then a combo guy on day two. A first day pick is a guy your gonna bring in to be a starter. Not as much necessity to have him be adaptable if your gonna put him in one spot and leave him there. A second day guy your looking at for a utility guy who can play multiple positions.

Satele impressed me some last night but the center who has really stuck out was Enoka Lucas of Oregon this bowl season. I wouldn't be unhappy with either of them.

As far as Kyle Young goes about the only thing he has going is that he's big. He's slow as mollases and doesn't play with all that great of leverage from what I've seen. We could definitley do better.

I'm also a big fan of Arron Sears from Tennessee. I have been high on Blaylock but I've been hearing he's having a lot of nagging injuries coming up. Manny Ramirez would also be a solid pickup and if Josh Beekman were a couple inches taller he may be the best interior lineman in this draft. I'm just not that comfortable with 6'1" guys on the interior of the line. I'd rather have a guy 6'3"-6'5".

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownsFan731 wrote:
Quote:
Satele and Ramirez are 1-2 on my guard list right now

Really? Why? I think Aaron Sears and Justin Blaylock will both be better. Mine goes like this.
1. Blaylock
2. Sears
3. Satele
4. Beekman
5. Ramirez

Sears isn't a true guard. He'd have to adjust to a new position, so that hurts his value. Blaylock is tremendously overrated, IMO. And I've been pimping out Tim Duckworth for awhile, as I was extremely impressed by him in a few of Auburn's games. His only flaws are ones that can be easily fixed with a little coaching. He's a bit underrated because he plays with Ben Grubbs

My list goes like this:

Duckworth
Satele
Sears
Blahlock
Ramirez
Beekman
LeRoy Harris, NC State (he's a Center, but he'll probably move to G in the NFL)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: