You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The backups

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lacydog

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: The backups Reply with quote

We got to see some more of the backup trench guys today, so that might be something positive.

Parker, N. Dorsey, J. Parker, Butler, Pool, Leon Williams, etc.

One in particular I wanted to comment was Nat Dorsey. Dorsey was absolutely terrible, and showed horrendous form on the sack that knocked out D.A. I thought that he might be a good tackle from what I'd heard of him, but after today, I'm almost positive he'll be cut.

Daven Holly has earned himself an NFL living for at least another year. No question in my mind.

I wanted to see more of Sowells, Travis Wilson and Orien Harris, but maybe that'll happen against Houston.
ElipticDawg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Nat Dorsey just punched his ticket out of Cleveland with todays performance.

I just posted in a thread about Williams that Id like to see him move to WOLB behind McGinest, and eventually take over for him. I think playing that position might let him use his natural atheletic abilities more so than ILB, and could eventually take over for Willie when he decides to hang up the cleats.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: The backups Reply with quote

lacydog wrote:
We got to see some more of the backup trench guys today, so that might be something positive.

Parker, N. Dorsey, J. Parker, Butler, Pool, Leon Williams, etc.

One in particular I wanted to comment was Nat Dorsey. Dorsey was absolutely terrible, and showed horrendous form on the sack that knocked out D.A. I thought that he might be a good tackle from what I'd heard of him, but after today, I'm almost positive he'll be cut.

Daven Holly has earned himself an NFL living for at least another year. No question in my mind.

I wanted to see more of Sowells, Travis Wilson and Orien Harris, but maybe that'll happen against Houston.

Okay, Dorsey is trash but he didn't get Anderson knocked out. Joe Andruzzi is the one who got destroyed by Chris Hovan and Hovan sacked Anderson putting him out of the game. I don't know if you're a Joe Andruzzi defender or not but it was Andruzzi who got our QB killed and he's overrated trash, has been since he arrived in Cleveland.

Dawg24 sig
Seattle Fans:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
QB won't happen. Our QB of the future IS Charlie Frye.
Smile
mr77

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why Harrsion, Wilson and Sowells are not on the field more. Especially Wilson. With Northcutt and Edwards stinking it up, how can Wilson do any worse?
G-Race22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr77 wrote:
I don't understand why Harrsion, Wilson and Sowells are not on the field more. Especially Wilson. With Northcutt and Edwards stinking it up, how can Wilson do any worse?

Harrison isn't on the field more because he's already proven to be garbage. He isn't physical, can't be anything more than a scat back but he can't block to save his life. So the defense would automatically know a draw or pass to Harrison was coming everytime he was on the field. If you can't do more than 1 thing in the NFL, then you're a waste and that is exactlly what Harrison is.

Dawg24 sig
Seattle Fans:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
Smile
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-Race22 wrote:
mr77 wrote:

Harrison isn't on the field more because he's already proven to be garbage. He isn't physical, can't be anything more than a scat back but he can't block to save his life. So the defense would automatically know a draw or pass to Harrison was coming everytime he was on the field. If you can't do more than 1 thing in the NFL, then you're a waste and that is exactlly what Harrison is.

How has he proven to be garbage? He has touched the ball 28 times this season. He hasn't had a chance to prove anything, good or bad.
G-Race22

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
G-Race22 wrote:
mr77 wrote:

How has he proven to be garbage? He has touched the ball 28 times this season. He hasn't had a chance to prove anything, good or bad.

Playing Running Back in the NFL isn't all about carries. He can't block worth squat and he's never going to be an everydown back. So since he can't block teams would know when he was in the game it was a pass to him, screen or a draw/run for him. Our offense is already predictable enough and this would only make things worse. Jason Wright can block better, run in the middle better and he's just as good at receiving and making people miss. Harrison is of no use for this team anymore, we'll get an everydown back and Wright is the change of pace guy so basicaly Harrison will never be anything more than a 3rd guy and mostly a receiving threat.

Dawg24 sig
Seattle Fans:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
Smile
SwissMiss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-Race22 wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
G-Race22 wrote:
mr77 wrote:

Playing Running Back in the NFL isn't all about carries. He can't block worth squat and he's never going to be an everydown back. So since he can't block teams would know when he was in the game it was a pass to him, screen or a draw/run for him. Our offense is already predictable enough and this would only make things worse. Jason Wright can block better, run in the middle better and he's just as good at receiving and making people miss. Harrison is of no use for this team anymore, we'll get an everydown back and Wright is the change of pace guy so basicaly Harrison will never be anything more than a 3rd guy and mostly a receiving threat.

How could you say Harrison is just garbage and in the same time you said Sowells is a beast and will be a starter next year ???

I'm confused ???

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You always twist my words and you do it to be an adoublesnakes don't you? When did I ever say he was a beast? and when did I ever say he was going to start next year? I said he's going to be a quallity starter for us someday, get it right or don't ever bring it up again. Oh and I love how when I said Kyle Boller was underrated you made it seem like I had him as a Top 5 NFL QB Rolling Eyes Quit twisting my words to benifit you.

Harrison has show more bad than good. Actually all bad and no good. Issac Sowells hasn't shown anything good or bad. We also have someone who is better than Harrison that fills that need and roster spot in Jason Wright, we have no one who is better than Sowells who fills the need for a starter or even depth. Keep Sowells around, trash Harrison. We're going to get a RB weather it be AD or in Free Agency so that would leave us with Peterson/Droughns/Wright because they're all better than Harrison. Who deserves a roster spot over Sowells? we have nothing so keep him around.

Dawg24 sig
Seattle Fans:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
Smile
Steerlers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should see the younger guys who havent seen much time play alot against huston seeing phil prbly doesnt want to lose the #3 pick
SwissMiss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-Race22 wrote:
You always twist my words and you do it to be an adoublesnakes don't you? When did I ever say he was a beast? and when did I ever say he was going to start next year? I said he's going to be a quallity starter for us someday, get it right or don't ever bring it up again. Oh and I love how when I said Kyle Boller was underrated you made it seem like I had him as a Top 5 NFL QB Rolling Eyes Quit twisting my words to benifit you.

G-Race22 wrote:
Kyle Boller is the most underrated QB in the NFL

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=91323&start=105

For Sowells, I used it in my sig...was so funny.

Don't be so angry, just relax

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's hard not to be underrated when everyone thinks their grandmother can throw better than you. Surely there's a grandmother out there that can't throw as well as Kyle Boller. C'mon, there's gotta be at least one.
G-Race22

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwissMiss wrote:
G-Race22 wrote:

G-Race22 wrote:
Kyle Boller is the most underrated QB in the NFL

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=91323&start=105

For Sowells, I used it in my sig...was so funny.

Don't be so angry, just relax

And you took it out of context again or did you fail to read this part:

hasn't been near as bad as people make him out to be(Akili, Harrington or Couch type bust).

You don't have to be an elite QB in the NFL to be underrated.

Dawg24 sig
Seattle Fans:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
Smile

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: