Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver Broncos Off-Season.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LosGrandeMojo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need DL/OL help more than anything else.
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, erm, offensive line help -- maybe -- somewhat old.

Yeah, awesome cool! Denver Broncos rock the world!
blunoranj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why this fascination w/QB in the 2nd round? Didn't we draft two QBs THIS year: Mauck and BVP? Should we just give up on them?
Burton

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the broncos going to hold onto Anderson, Griffin, Hearst AND Droughns for the 2005 season? I guess Bell is the back of the future, so aren't those guys just dead weight? Droughns I guess could go back to fullback...
blunoranj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Hearst is gone. Was hurt too much to contribute this year. Droughns has a new agent, and I assume he will want RB money instead of the FB money he's getting now. The problem is that both MA and Droughns want to play running back. That's what Shanahan offered them last off-season to keep them. Don't know if either of them will walk or get traded, but I would like to keep them both. Use them in rotation to keep RB fresh or in 2 back sets to confound opposing D.
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get the QB thing, I say we keep those two rookies, maybe draft another sometime, who knows though.

Bell is definately the back of the future, we'll keep Droughns as well. Hearst is definately gone. I could see Anderson and Griffin staying in Denver, because Anderson is a leader and Griffin could return kicks. Hearst will retire, he's useless. Hopefully we trade Droughns, Anderson or Griffin, I'm sure we could get a decent pick out of one of the three.

cowboys=bigtimeoffseason

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way Ngata stays into the 4th round...He will go in the second for sure....
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboys=bigtimeoffseason wrote:
no way Ngata stays into the 4th round...He will go in the second for sure....

I think that too, actually I had him falling to us with our second round pick on one of my more indepth draft charts, but I'd have to agree.

blunoranj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My selection of Ngata in the 4th round was based on a mock where Denver selects Anthony Bryant (DT- Alabama) in the 5th round. According to nflfans.com, Bryant is the 6th rated DT. Ngata is the 23rd.
My question is: If you don't think Ngata will be there in the 4th, what other DT worth drafting will?
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis Castillo from Northwestern, Bryant isn't much of a pass rusher and that's what we need; perhaps we'll have to find a DT in free agency.

I found a stat where the Broncos have around $83,134,981 in total salaries for next season, so we'll have about two million left to resign players on our team, however I'm sure we'll let go around 80% people that are FA.

Our biggest hits come from:

Trevor Pryce: $9.167 million
Rod Smith: $6.576 million
Matt Lepsis: $6.1 million
Tom Nalen: $5.799 million
Jake Plummer: $5.703 million
Dan Neil: $5.055 million

We should be able to re-structure those contracts, our biggest FA signings on our team are Hamilton, Kennedy and Hayward. I'm guessing one of the starters on our line won't be returning next year, we have a small line, I think us drafting Foster was indicative of us moving to bigger lineman, I'm guessing we might part ways with Hamilton, Neil or or Lepsis, it'd definately free us some room.

Hopefully after the draft, we'll still have more than enough to get some players in Free Agency.

blunoranj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will be looking for veteran help at DT thru free agency (eg, Chris Hovan, Pat Williams), but that's been part of our problem on the D-line. Outside of Reggie Hayward, we don't have any good young D-linemen. Though Trevor Pryce's return, I think, will help our pass rush tremendously, we need to address D-line problem in THIS draft. Most mocks I've seen, in fact, have us taking D-linemen in first 2 rounds.

So, Chris, you'd rather have a pass rusher at DT than a run stuffer?
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blunoranj wrote:
So, Chris, you'd rather have a pass rusher at DT than a run stuffer?

Of course, we're already one of the best teams at stopping the run in the NFL, but we're not one of the best pass rushing teams in the NFL, the reason we are losing games is because we turn the ball over more than we cause turnovers, it's that simple. If we get a young rookie who is able to rush the passer and destroy the passing game, we'll have a much better shot at getting interceptions or causing fumbles. Our pass rush isn't that really that bad, but our defensive line needs youth anyways.

cowboys=bigtimeoffseason

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris are the broncos going to resign Kennoy Kennedy? the games i watched he looked like a good coverage safety...what are y our opinions about him?
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboys=bigtimeoffseason wrote:
chris are the broncos going to resign Kennoy Kennedy? the games i watched he looked like a good coverage safety...what are y our opinions about him?

Kennedy has definately grown since we drafted him from Arkansas a while back, he used to be terrible at coverage, but he's gotten alot beter and he also hits like a mad man, to be quite honest, most of the downfield plays we let up are blown coverage by John Lynch, I don't know how he made it to the Pro-Bowl, but his play hasn't been as good as I expected.

Like I said, Kennedy and Hayward should be our top priorities this FA. We can't let Hayward go and let it be a burn like what happend with Bertrand Berry, so Hayward is probably option one with Kennedy falling in second. He was definately worth our second rounder.

He doesn't get all the interception, (Denver has a problem getting them) but he hits receivers hard and jars the ball loose which causes fumbles or incompletions. He's definately underrated and was a great replacement of Steve Atwater, personally I think he's the spittin' image. I'm really high on this guy and I'd be really mad if we let him go, he's one of the better safties in the league. He'd be a good addition to any team.

I sent in a question because it was his turn to be interviewed by Broncos fans for questions, and I'm sure there will be a question about him wanting to stay in Denver; I believe he does and has expressed it to some fans that post on the Broncos board. I'll post what he has to say when that comes on the Broncos site.

If I had to give him a ranking grade -- I'd give him a B+ -- we definately need him to stay here.

cowboys=bigtimeoffseason

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

appreciate it....I dont think lynch shouldve made the pro bowl but then again some of the 'boys shouldnt have either

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: