Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver Broncos Off-Season.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Denver Broncos Off-Season. Reply with quote

For all the Denver fans and bashers alike, talk about that here. Very Happy

Yeah, awesome cool! Denver Broncos rock the world!
Loyalbutsadfan:saints:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not really a denver fan but i think they should get a saftey in the draft to replace lynch who is going to the probowl but running out of gas. What you think chris?
bulluckthebeast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Denver should take a TE. Sorry Chris I had to say it. Honestly I think they will go D-line, LB, or S.
cowboys=bigtimeoffseason

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think chris might be the only one to use this forum Laughing
rabbisson

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Denver will get a DT in the draft.

I think that as the draft winds down, they should begin to look for another CB to help Bailey. Herndon and Walls are good, but not great. Imagine if they were able to get a player like Will Blackmon or Travis Daniels in the 3rd round.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could use a saftey, but we have a young Sam Brandon who wouldn't be too bad, maybe a second round pick like Shazor or Pool? We don't need a tight end and Rabbisson; I couldn't agree more. We need that defensive tackle and picking up a corner would be awesome, we picked LeSeuer from Michigan in the third round last year I believe along with Shoate from SDSU, but LeSeuer has been injured and Shoate has started playing more and more.

Good posts.

azazaz7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris - assuming Denver pick at around #20-#22 which looks likely, would you rather see Denver trade down (with a team who want Marlin Jackson) about 5-6 places and hope Shaun Cody is still on the board or would you rather see them grab Cody higher than he's worth just to make sure the Broncos get him? If Denver trade down and get an extra 2nd round pick would they try and pick a QB like Walter, Frye, Orton or Smith?

Also, assuming no DE is left on the board come Denvers pick, who should they go after?.
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azazaz7 wrote:
Chris - assuming Denver pick at around #20-#22 which looks likely, would you rather see Denver trade down (with a team who want Marlin Jackson) about 5-6 places and hope Shaun Cody is still on the board or would you rather see them grab Cody higher than he's worth just to make sure the Broncos get him? If Denver trade down and get an extra 2nd round pick would they try and pick a QB like Walter, Frye, Orton or Smith?

Also, assuming no DE is left on the board come Denvers pick, who should they go after?.

Good question, but Denver is at 25 right now and if they missed the playoffs I believe they'd be around those picks like you said. I believe that after the combine, there will be defensive tackles who are thought to have been first rounders, that slip into the second, some of the best this year were second round picks. I wouldn't mind them trading down into the lower part of the first, and picking up a second rounder. That's a good idea, but Denver usually trades up, not down. Any defensive lineman that is first round material is fine with me, any of the guys mentioned in the mocks, I'd like to see here. I have a feeling Denver will trade down this year because they don't have a third rounder, it'll all depend on who is still available.

So say, they trade down to pick 28 -- and say Cody is still there, grab him up. Did they get that second rounder, sure -- lets say that. I say they take a saftey, perhaps Pool or Shazor, etc. (others) that are worthy of second round material with the first pick, perhaps one of those QB's are there, and I wouldn't mind if they took one of them at all.

Good questions, I'd like a guy like Frye around here.

Burton

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in a state that has no team, but i've always been a Titans fan when pretty much everyone is a Broncos fan. What do you think of them taking a CB to go with Bailey? Nothing in the first round maybe someone like Carlos Rogers in the middle-late second?
A2Wolves6

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe a team would trade a second round pick to move up 6 spots in the later part of the first round. Near the top, probably, but not moving up from 28 to 22. The value doesn't work out.
Footballs Future member #10
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burton wrote:
I live in a state that has no team, but i've always been a Titans fan when pretty much everyone is a Broncos fan. What do you think of them taking a CB to go with Bailey? Nothing in the first round maybe someone like Carlos Rogers in the middle-late second?

I wouldn't mind a corner with a second round pick, but we've learned our lessons with first round corners, (James, O'neal and Middlebrooks).

You're right, the value wouldn't work out, but you'd be surprised what some teams would do to get the player they want.

broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my wishlist for denver...what i think are our team needs and people who could possibly fit them.

1. DT - Shaun Cody
2. S - (any chance of getting shazor or nicholson with our 2nd rounder?)
3. QB - Charlie Frye
4. C - Vince Carter
5. TE - maybe alex smith or kevin everett

i think a team can live with having only one good CB, and we have the best. no need to spend a first day pick when we have solid guys like walls and herndon, plus young guys like leseuer.

do you think there's any chance we can get 3 or 4 of those picks?
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
my wishlist for denver...what i think are our team needs and people who could possibly fit them.

1. DT - Shaun Cody
2. S - (any chance of getting shazor or nicholson with our 2nd rounder?)
3. QB - Charlie Frye
4. C - Vince Carter
5. TE - maybe alex smith or kevin everett

i think a team can live with having only one good CB, and we have the best. no need to spend a first day pick when we have solid guys like walls and herndon, plus young guys like leseuer.

do you think there's any chance we can get 3 or 4 of those picks?

Yeah, that's a nice wishlist.

Shaun Cody is late first round to early second round material, we definately could snag him up. I believe that there will be those two safties, along with Poole that we would draft in the second round, but maybe we'd have to trade up. Charlie Frye will be better than a third rounder for sure, he could go in round one or sometime in round two. Personally, I think Carter is gone by the third round, he'd be a great fit for Denver, but I don't think he's there when we pick, maybe though; if Greg Eslinger from Minnesota comes out, he'd be a nice fit here too, (I've heard good things about him from friends at the University of Minneapolis). Yeah, I definately would wish to see one of those two tight ends here, but I think they'll be snatched before round four.

If we were to get two or three of those guys, I'd be in heaven.

blunoranj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my wish list for next year. I know that it's still early. I mean, we don't even know where we'll be selecting, but here goes (by round)....

1) DT/DE Shaun Cody- USC 6'5" 285
From what I've seen on other message boards, Denver is going to address its D-line problems through free agency. Names I've seen mentioned are Michael Strahan (DE NYGiants), Chris Hovan (DT/DE Minnesota), and Pat Williams (DT Buffalo). If we could get 1 or 2 of these players I'd be thrilled. Players could bolster interior of the line for a few more years; however, lack of youth needs to be addressed early in next year's draft. Cody is solid and adds some versatility. Some publications compare him to Trevor Pryce and Richard Seymour.

2) CB Jimmy Williams- Virginia Tech 6'2" 210
Most mocks don't have him going this early, but I don't think he'll be on the board for our next selection. Played free safety his freshman year, and that's the position I envision for him. Our safeties are better suited to defend the run. We need a cover safety (like Ed Reed or Eugene Wilson) who will also provide depth in the secondary.

No 3rd rounder

4) DT Haloti Ngata- Oregon 6'5" 345
Need to shore up interior D-line. Massive run-stopper. Would occupy blockers, allowing MLB Al Wilson to make more plays.

5) RB J J Arrington- California 5'11" 210
It's not a Denver draft without Shanahan selecting a running back. I like our backs now, but with all the injuries this year, depth may be an issue. Arrington reminds me a bit of Marshall Faulk. Can run. Can catch. Does it all.

6a) QB Matt Jones- Arkansas 6'6" 240
Also runs a 4.4 40! Poor passer, but ridiculous measurables. Started out as a WR and played BBall too. I see him as a mismatch at WR/TE. Who's going to cover him? A 5'11" CB? At worst, he's Joe Jurevicius. At best, the second coming of Ed McCaffery. I know he'd be a project, but we need a vertical threat at TE/slot position.

Compensatory pick from Tampa Bay for Ian Gold
6b) OG C J Brooks- Maryland 6'5" 320
Played both guard and tackle. Adds size and versatility to O-line. Our zone blocking scheme allows for smaller quicker linemen, but I feel part of our problem in the red zone and the late season struggles has to do with our O-line wearing down and getting pushed around. We need to add more beef.

7) A good punter
Field position has killed us, and Baker is NOT the answer. We need someone who can consistently get it into the endzone on kickoffs (AT SEA LEVEL) and who can punt the ball 40+ yards average.

Thoughts? Comments?
rabbisson

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That punter, by the way, should be Dustin Colquitt.

Would you rather get Frye or Orlovsky in the 2nd round?

Just curious, I'm not really a Broncos fan...

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: