Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFLVikings Mock Draft and Free Agency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFLVikings28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject: NFLVikings Mock Draft and Free Agency Reply with quote

Vikings Free Agency
Resign:
Tom Johnson
Matt Asiata
Joe Berger
Jarius Wright

Restructure:
Greg Jennings
Adrian Peterson

Release:
Chad Greenway
Charlie Johnson

Extend Contract:
Harrison Smith

Players Signed in Free Agency:
Duron Carter WR
Rey Maualuga ILB
Byron Maxwell CB
Mike Iupati G

Mock Draft 4 Rounds:
Round 1 Pick 11: Landon Collins, S, Alabama
Round 2 Pick 45: T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh
Round 3 Pick 76: Henry Anderson, DE/DT, Stanford
Round 4 Pick 107 Josh Harper, WR, Fresno State

Last edited by NFLVikings28 on Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
BWG VIKE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard 28

Your in house moves are pretty well what most around here are thinking as well.

As for your street FAs I only like Maualuga, I am ok with Carter but he better be able to play on special teams. Iupati is not the guard for Teddy and that line need, Boling is better suited but will still be over priced. Maxwell IMO benefits from being surrounded with play makers across the defense, I would rather Culliver.

Not a big fan of what you have done in the draft except for Clemmings if he is available in the 2nd I would jump on it, I tend to stay away from most Bama players and Collins will be no different for me.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board!

Love your FA stuff. All of it.

Not a big fan of Collins, I'd rather they go WR or DE or CB there.
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only free agent signing I'd like would be Byron Maxwell. Maualuga is terrible and always hurt. The team would be better off keeping Brinkley. And Mike Iupati is a flashy name, but that's about it. Iupati has been a great run blocker for the 49ers during his career, but his pass blocking is atrocious. He's simply not worth the money his name will command.

As for the draft, I'm also not a fan. Landon Collins is vastly overrated and more of a liability in coverage than what the team currently has. If Collins didn't play for Alabama, I doubt he'd even be considered a 1st rounder. T.J. Clemmings is a nice player, doubtful he'd be around in the 2nd, but even if he were I think it's a waste of a high pick. The Vikings aren't moving on from Kalil, not this year, and it makes no sense to draft a player in the top 50 as an insurance policy for a player who might struggle. Use a 4th or 5th round pick for that. Get someone who is actually going to be a factor for 2015. I think it's about 2/3 rounds too early for Anderson, but I like the player. And I don't know if Harper really fits what this team needs at receiver.
kparty69

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
The only free agent signing I'd like would be Byron Maxwell. Maualuga is terrible and always hurt. The team would be better off keeping Brinkley. And Mike Iupati is a flashy name, but that's about it. Iupati has been a great run blocker for the 49ers during his career, but his pass blocking is atrocious. He's simply not worth the money his name will command.

As for the draft, I'm also not a fan. Landon Collins is vastly overrated and more of a liability in coverage than what the team currently has. If Collins didn't play for Alabama, I doubt he'd even be considered a 1st rounder. T.J. Clemmings is a nice player, doubtful he'd be around in the 2nd, but even if he were I think it's a waste of a high pick. The Vikings aren't moving on from Kalil, not this year, and it makes no sense to draft a player in the top 50 as an insurance policy for a player who might struggle. Use a 4th or 5th round pick for that. Get someone who is actually going to be a factor for 2015. I think it's about 2/3 rounds too early for Anderson, but I like the player. And I don't know if Harper really fits what this team needs at receiver.

I pretty much agree with this.

Duron Carter is a good signing because he will come cheap with high potential.

Rey Maualuga is absolutely horrible. I live in Dayton, OH right now, surrounded by Bengals fans, and none of them like him at all. They all want him gone.

Byron Maxwell is young and has good size for our defense. He could be a good signing, but I think he might be a bit overrated playing in Seattle.

Mike Iupati is an elite run blocking guard, but is just average in pass protection. I don't like the signing though because he will be very expensive. With Loadholt and Fusco coming back our run blocking should be much improved, but we would still be to improve in pass protection.

I don't like Landon Collins because like most Alabama safety he is more of a tweener on defense. He is to small to play linebacker and too poor in coverage to play safety. He looks like will be an ok in the box safety, but that's it. He reminds me of a poor mans Laron Landry.

T.J. Clemmings is one of my top olinemen so I would be pumped to get him in the second.

I think you reached on Henry Anderson. Most of what I have read says that he should be available in the 5-6 range.

I don't think that Harper fits what we are looking for at WR. What MN really needs at WR is a big redzone threat; someone who is like 6'3" that will come down with jump balls.
Vikingfan#84

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kparty69 wrote:
SemperFeist wrote:

I pretty much agree with this.

Duron Carter is a good signing because he will come cheap with high potential.

Rey Maualuga is absolutely horrible. I live in Dayton, OH right now, surrounded by Bengals fans, and none of them like him at all. They all want him gone.

Byron Maxwell is young and has good size for our defense. He could be a good signing, but I think he might be a bit overrated playing in Seattle.

Mike Iupati is an elite run blocking guard, but is just average in pass protection. I don't like the signing though because he will be very expensive. With Loadholt and Fusco coming back our run blocking should be much improved, but we would still be to improve in pass protection.

I don't like Landon Collins because like most Alabama safety he is more of a tweener on defense. He is to small to play linebacker and too poor in coverage to play safety. He looks like will be an ok in the box safety, but that's it. He reminds me of a poor mans Laron Landry.

T.J. Clemmings is one of my top olinemen so I would be pumped to get him in the second.

I think you reached on Henry Anderson. Most of what I have read says that he should be available in the 5-6 range.

I don't think that Harper fits what we are looking for at WR. What MN really needs at WR is a big redzone threat; someone who is like 6'3" that will come down with jump balls.

People keep saying we need a big WR because it "fits our system". I don't car if the guy is 6'5 or 5'10 if he can get open and make plays then I want him. Most guys on here would be pumped with getting Amari Cooper and he will 6 feet at the combine. Why make exceptions for him and not a guy like Harper, other then the obvious reason of Cooper being a 1st rounder vs Harper being more likely a 3rd or 4th rounder. If their a good receiver I want them on my team regardless of size.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: