Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

new and improved INTRO thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arealviking

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=what have been the hardest and easiest things for you to absorb about American football?[/quote]

The hardest part is definitely the terms, like dvoa and other stat stuff. It's hard when you barely know the stats they are covering.

The easiest must be the history, because that's just easy to look up like when a legendary player gets thrown in the conversation you can just Google him and I think that the Americans idolize their sport stars much more than Europeans, so it's very easy to access knowledge.

But thanks both of you!
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one vocabulary tip, Arealviking...

in the US we use the term when two teams meet each other a "game," where Euros call it a "match."

but we might say two players from opposing teams will be "matching up" with each other. like a receiver and a defensive back covering him all day long, they would be matched up against each other. or two coaches, with their opposing strategies.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Arealviking

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you say it, i agree with you. That is very Euro alike to say match. For example in Danish soccer we say 'Man Of The Match' instead of something along the lines of 'Game Ball'.

But thanks for the tip. Keep them coming Wink
Vikings1990

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Vikings1990 AKA Cory

Family: Mom & Stepdad, Dad & Stepmom, 2 brothers, 3 sisters

State you were born in/state you live in now: Iowa/Iowa

Occupation or area of study: G4S Security

Interests besides football: baseball, basketball, bar, outdoor sports, fishing, camping, etc.

Favorite current Vike player: AP

Favorite all-time Vike: Cris Carter

How many Viking games have you attended: 3

What one current player from any team would you like on the Vikings right now: Antonio Brown

What one player from all time from any team would you like on the team right now: Reggie White

Go Vikes!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Vikings1990!

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

people born in 1990 are considered adults...

blows my mind.

Heimdallr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

blows my mind.

somewhere out there someone born in 2000 is driving. unsupervised.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

or becoming a parent.

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
vike daddy wrote:

blows my mind.

somewhere out there someone born in 2000 is driving. unsupervised.

Just had one of my former players (I coach 9th grade football) from a year ago go take his drivers test today.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Robb_K

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arealviking wrote:
Hello, my name is Christian. I have registered to this site to satisfy my newly found interest in Football.

I'm 16 years old and I am born and raised in Denmark. For many years I have played soccer and of course spent a lot of time enjoying that too.

My first NFL match I've watched thoroughly was Super Bowl 48, outside glancing of some matches years prior to that, I had no experience with the sport. After that followed an intense autodidacting of the rules, history and current players of the NFL. If I should say so myself I was rather successful. My knowledge is now pretty basic with some holes.

Why Vikings fan? Well the Danish take great pride of our Viking heritage so that's one reason and another reason was during AP 2012 campaign the Danish commentators was extremely thrilled about this so-called All Day. When I watched the match I became very enthusiastic about this Vikings team. But soon I dismissed the sport because I was confused of the rules and that.
But later when I was to decide my favorite team I remembered this old anecdote and was influenced by it.

So I hope that you'll welcome and let me become a part these excellent discussions!

Btw I have read on the Vikings forum since offseason this year and I apologize for spelling mistakes since English is not my first language.

Hej Christian! Velkommen til vores forum! Jeg bor i Danmark (Nordsjælland) tre måneder hver sommer. Jeg arbejder for Anders And & Co.

I hope to see you here more often this coming season. Go Vikings!
Arealviking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robb_K wrote:
Arealviking wrote:
Hello, my name is Christian. I have registered to this site to satisfy my newly found interest in Football.

I'm 16 years old and I am born and raised in Denmark. For many years I have played soccer and of course spent a lot of time enjoying that too.

My first NFL match I've watched thoroughly was Super Bowl 48, outside glancing of some matches years prior to that, I had no experience with the sport. After that followed an intense autodidacting of the rules, history and current players of the NFL. If I should say so myself I was rather successful. My knowledge is now pretty basic with some holes.

Why Vikings fan? Well the Danish take great pride of our Viking heritage so that's one reason and another reason was during AP 2012 campaign the Danish commentators was extremely thrilled about this so-called All Day. When I watched the match I became very enthusiastic about this Vikings team. But soon I dismissed the sport because I was confused of the rules and that.
But later when I was to decide my favorite team I remembered this old anecdote and was influenced by it.

So I hope that you'll welcome and let me become a part these excellent discussions!

Btw I have read on the Vikings forum since offseason this year and I apologize for spelling mistakes since English is not my first language.

Hej Christian! Velkommen til vores forum! Jeg bor i Danmark (Nordsjælland) tre måneder hver sommer. Jeg arbejder for Anders And & Co.

Hej Rob, undskyld for mit sene svar. Men dejligt at se andre dansktalende brugere. Hvor meget dansk snakker du? Jeg bor selv på Fyn.

Hopefully I'll participate in more threads than I have so far. Probably starting with the draft if my exams allows me
Robb_K

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robb_K wrote:
Arealviking wrote:

Hej Rob, undskyld for mit sene svar. Men dejligt at se andre dansktalende brugere. Hvor meget dansk snakker du? Jeg bor selv på Fyn.

Hopefully I'll participate in more threads than I have so far. Probably starting with the draft if my exams allows me

Jeg har arbejdet med Egmont Serieforlaget (Anders And) siden 1989, men først besøgte Danmark i 1964. Jeg skrive og tegne Anders And og Onkel Joakim tegneserier. I Danmark, jeg bor i Allerød, i nær-heden Hiilerød, på Sjælland.

My sister married a Dane, and I am friendly with much of his family. Most of them live in Aarhus, the rest in København and Holte. My brother lives in Stockholm.

During 1989+1995, I lived between 4 and 5 months in Danmark. Now, it's 2 to 3 months. I can read and write Dansk fairly well, but my speech has a heavy Dutch accent. I cannot hold long conversations in Dansk, unless I direct the subject matter. But, I speak well enough to get along on the street. Any Dutchman can probably read a Dansk newspaper, without ever studying the language, and vice-versa (the two languages are so close). But speaking is somewhat different, although both languages have several sounds made from the back of the throat.

I will return to Danmark 14 June, and will be teaching a cartooning class at the children's library near Thisted (nordvest Jylland) on Saturday, 18, June.

Good news in the NFL draft! The Vikings have drafted a super wide receiver. They will now have a very good offence, very good defence and good special teams. The may already be a true Super-Bowl contender. We should enjoy their 2016 season very much!
Stokely

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings!

I come from the land of the ice and--no, I'm from Florida Smile My dad, however, grew up in St. Paul and instilled in us--and two of the neighborhood kids--the deep-running hope and despair that is being a Vikes fan.

One of my earliest football memories was watching the pre-game show for the 'phins/Vikes Super Bowl...I don't remember the game at all (I was 5 or 6) but I think I recall 6 analysts picking the Vikes and 7 the Dolphins. We all know how it turned out....the Vikings sure ran into some buzzsaw teams in the big game, some of the best all-time. I also remember the infamous Drew Pearson PI non-call...ah the wailing and gnashing of teeth in the house for weeks after that...on the plus side, we sure had the Rams' playoff number it seemed Smile

Anyway I don't think I've truly bought in to a Vikings coach since Bud Grant (don't remember enough about Burns to be honest)---until Zimmer. I think he is the reason for optimism and I love the direction the team is taking. Vikings with a fearsome D? When's the last time that happened! Even the '98 team really didn't make you think they could stop anyone. The 2009 team was an odd one since it came out of nowhere, I don't think I wrapped my head around what they were doing until it was over...

Looking forward to this season, hopefully Teddy gets more than .03 seconds before he's running for his life!
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stokely wrote:
Vikings with a fearsome D? When's the last time that happened!

Welcome aboard, Stokely! I'd argue that it was under Jerry Burns was the last time it came close.

Thx to Lil Uno!
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stokely wrote:
Greetings!

I come from the land of the ice and--no, I'm from Florida Smile My dad, however, grew up in St. Paul and instilled in us--and two of the neighborhood kids--the deep-running hope and despair that is being a Vikes fan.

greetings back at you, welcome aboard, you lurker!

Stokely... i never knew a Stokely in my life. only heard of the name once actually, a Mr Carmichael in the 1960's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 83 of 87

Jump to: