Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

new and improved INTRO thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83, 84  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Long Shot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, Valhalla faithful. While I've had an account on this site for over a year now, I've barely made any use of it. This was due to my already having an account on another forum (there might be one or two of you here that will recognize me), but with the recent decline in post quality on said forum, I'm going to try and turn most of my attention to this site from now on.

Introductions: I've been an NFL fan since '07 and a Vikes fan since '08. I'm local to the team, living approximately 30 minutes away from the Twin Cities. I've been to three games, all preseason: '12 Preseason Week 2 against the Bills (where then-rookie Audie Cole had back-to-back INT-return TD's), '14 Preseason Week 2 vs. the Cardinals (the "Too Much Time for Teddy" game), and '15 Preseason Week 1 vs. the Buccaneers (Jameis Winston's humiliating debut). Hoping to get to a regular season game sometime soon.

While I hope to make quality contributions, my main goal of posting on here is to learn, for I can already tell most of you folks know way more about this sport than I do. Looking forward to spending more time in the land of Valhalla!
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back LS. The post quality is why I have stuck around for nearly 10 years. And just by reading others' posts I have learned so much more about football than I ever knew before. My wife thinks I'm nuts. Wink

Thx to Lil Uno!
The Long Shot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Welcome back LS. The post quality is why I have stuck around for nearly 10 years. And just by reading others' posts I have learned so much more about football than I ever knew before. My wife thinks I'm nuts. Wink

Haha. I'm glad to hear that the post quality's been consistently good for such a long time; I've yet to find a forum (football-related or otherwise) that has managed to maintain consistently solid content for longer than a year or two.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Long Shot wrote:
I'm glad to hear that the post quality's been consistently good for such a long time; I've yet to find a forum (football-related or otherwise) that has managed to maintain consistently solid content for longer than a year or two.

i would say (and i think many will agree) that our post quality has always been high, and has improved in the past few years. many of us have been sticking around for 6, 8, even 10 years.

fewer trolls and troublemakers... guys with years and years of experience here... greater civility... and new guys attracted to the aforementioned.

welcome aboard!

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Biggs Beefcakes

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Valhalla!

I've been a frequent visitor of the site and forum for a long time now and been a Vikings fan all my life.

Football knowledge is alright, I'm no genius but watch a lot so I'd like to think I can be semi educated Very Happy
vike daddy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lovin' these new guys!

welcome!

disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggs Beefcakes wrote:
Greetings Valhalla!

I've been a frequent visitor of the site and forum for a long time now and been a Vikings fan all my life.

Football knowledge is alright, I'm no genius but watch a lot so I'd like to think I can be semi educated Very Happy

None of us were certainly geniuses when we first came here. I think just by being here, all of us have become smarter football fans. Laughing

Welcome aboard!

Thx to Lil Uno!
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Long Shot wrote:
Greetings, Valhalla faithful. While I've had an account on this site for over a year now, I've barely made any use of it. This was due to my already having an account on another forum (there might be one or two of you here that will recognize me), but with the recent decline in post quality on said forum, I'm going to try and turn most of my attention to this site from now on.

Introductions: I've been an NFL fan since '07 and a Vikes fan since '08. I'm local to the team, living approximately 30 minutes away from the Twin Cities. I've been to three games, all preseason: '12 Preseason Week 2 against the Bills (where then-rookie Audie Cole had back-to-back INT-return TD's), '14 Preseason Week 2 vs. the Cardinals (the "Too Much Time for Teddy" game), and '15 Preseason Week 1 vs. the Buccaneers (Jameis Winston's humiliating debut). Hoping to get to a regular season game sometime soon.

While I hope to make quality contributions, my main goal of posting on here is to learn, for I can already tell most of you folks know way more about this sport than I do. Looking forward to spending more time in the land of Valhalla!

I'm from the forum he is, this guy is awesome. Make him stay!
The Long Shot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: ! Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
The Long Shot wrote:

I'm from the forum he is, this guy is awesome. Make him stay!

Appreciate it, my man! Though I don't think anybody's going to need to force me to stay here. Very Happy

You mess with the purple, you're going to get the horns.
iDiggsIt14

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings Valhalla Members!!!

I have been reading and following this site/forum for approximately 6 years now and I decided to finally take the plunge and create an account to join you guys in conversation. I have to give all of you guys credit, this is by far the best,classiest, and knowledgable forum I have came across and I couldn't be happier to join you guys! I've been a life long Vikings fan (fandom started in 1997, I was 7 years old) and it only grew rapidly with the Moss, moving forward to AD, and now the young nucleus we've got in Minny. I live in Pennsylvania, about an hour outside of Philly.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iDiggsIt14 wrote:
Greetings Valhalla Members!!!

I have been reading and following this site/forum for approximately 6 years now and I decided to finally take the plunge and create an account to join you guys in conversation.

six years...? are we shy or something...?

WELCOME ABOARD!

Applause

disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!

Thx to Lil Uno!
Arealviking

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Christian. I have registered to this site to satisfy my newly found interest in Football.

I'm 16 years old and I am born and raised in Denmark. For many years I have played soccer and of course spent a lot of time enjoying that too.

My first NFL match I've watched thoroughly was Super Bowl 48, outside glancing of some matches years prior to that, I had no experience with the sport. After that followed an intense autodidacting of the rules, history and current players of the NFL. If I should say so myself I was rather successful. My knowledge is now pretty basic with some holes.

Why Vikings fan? Well the Danish take great pride of our Viking heritage so that's one reason and another reason was during AP 2012 campaign the Danish commentators was extremely thrilled about this so-called All Day. When I watched the match I became very enthusiastic about this Vikings team. But soon I dismissed the sport because I was confused of the rules and that.
But later when I was to decide my favorite team I remembered this old anecdote and was influenced by it.

So I hope that you'll welcome and let me become a part these excellent discussions!

Btw I have read on the Vikings forum since offseason this year and I apologize for spelling mistakes since English is not my first language.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arealviking wrote:
So I hope that you'll welcome and let me become a part these excellent discussions!

done!

Arealviking wrote:
Btw I have read on the Vikings forum since offseason this year and I apologize for spelling mistakes since English is not my first language.

your English is better than half the American guys' on this site!

welcome aboard!

what have been the hardest and easiest things for you to absorb about American football?

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

We're looking forward to having you here and increasing our European contingent!

RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83, 84  Next
Page 82 of 84

Jump to: