You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Yet another Mock

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Satisfied?
Yes
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
No
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

RealityControl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Yet another Mock Reply with quote

This is my first of the year. I will do one after the senoir bowl and again right before the draft. It will be interesting to see just how much things change over the next few months. However, with that said, i have noticed over the last few years in that at the end of the day (the draft) players generally go where they were scheduled to go all along.

FA (internal)
Simon Fraser- May not ever be a stud, but he is a terrific rotation guy and the closest thing we have to a play maker on the d-line
Chaun Thompson- Great depth is important in 3-4
Mike Hawkins- Guy is a freak
Ethan Kelly- Depth
Brian Russell- Field general
Kelly Butler- May be starting quality, won't hurt to fint out
Hank Fraley- no brainer

FA (not-internal..duh)
Kris Deilman OG- more so, ANY guard that is starting caliber
Nate Clements CB- teamed with Bodden, Jones, and whoever at FS should complete a top notch secondary. Also the "big" signing of the offseason.
Terdell Sands NT- He is the biggest FA available. Just a stop gap rotation guy.
Nick Goings RB- Guy has proven himself to be a great back up who could be our stop gap type guy and rotate with the draft pick.
Vinny Testeverde QB- more or less a vet QB

Draft.

We end up beating TB but losing to Houston. We get the 5h pick.

Draft ahead of us:
1.Detroit- Brady Quinn
2.Oakland- Jamarcus Russell
3.Tampa Bay- Calvin Johnson
4.Arizona-Joe Thomas
5.Trade. We get Houston's 3rd pick for compensation. Adrian Peterson

Browns Draft
1. (6) Alan Branch DE- Provides huge boost to d-line. Romeo is happy to get his Richard Seymour back.
2. Joe Staley- Legit LT prospect. May have to start out a LG, but eventually he moves to LT and Shaffer to LG
3. (5) Lynell Hamilton RB- Questionable as to whether or not he comes out, but if he does we can't pass on him.
3. (6) Johnnie Lee Higgins WR-WHAT? We have our o-line pretty much fixed, d-line is only missing a NT, but there is none worthy here. Even if Travis Wilson turns out we still need an explosive play maker and punt returner.
4. Stanley Doughty NT- After the combine this guy's stock will shoot up. Once Romeo puts a boot in is @ss he will turn out to be a great NT.
5. John Talley-I like play makers and this guy is as much of play maker at any. We would be lucky to get him here.
6. Daniel Inman OT- This kid has potential and could be a solid RT some day.
7. Noland Burchette OLB- With the success of Daryl Tapp this year for Seatle, this guy become intriguing

Keeping in mind how players stocks are now, and the riot Houston would have if they didn't get AD; I think this is very plausible draft.

I got about as safe of d-lineman there is, and another with the physical tools to be a legit NT.

O-line=fixed
RB=fixed
WR=fixed
Vet QB - check

Next year we would be looking for another DE and maybe a NT and OLB.

Depth chart:
QB- TC winner (Charlie or Derek most likely)
RB- Hamilton, Goings, Harrison
WR- Be Easy
WR- Joe J.
WR- Higgins, Wilson
TE- K2
LT- Shaffer/Staley
LG- Shaffer/Staley
C- Fraley
RG- Deilman
RT- Sowells/Butler

DE- Alan Branch, Simon Fraser
NT- Terdell Sands, Stanley Doughty, Ethen Kelly, Alan Branch
DE- Orpheus Roye, Orien Harris, Simon Fraser

SOLB- Willie Mac/David Mac
ILB- Andra Davis
ILB- Leon Williams
WOLB- K-dub

CB- Clements
CB- Bodden
CB- Holley
CB- Talley

SS- Jones
FS- Russell/Pool
effinbrowns4508

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the Clements signing, lol still not sure about Vinny, decent draft, the only thing i really have a problem with is you taking DQ out of the defensive starting line up, IMO i think he played a hell of alot better than Andra this year (just go back and watch the film) and I was very impressed by Leon Williams' debut, like you probably were but i don't know if he'll be ready to take over that starting job

Va. Tech

R.I.P. Darrent Williams

frye to edwards on the K2 sig... THE SOLDIER in 07
K-J

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind trading down to draft Alan Branch instead of Adrian Peterson, but I wouldn't mind drafting AP too. I just watched our first half against the Ravens again and I still don't see why you guys like Fraser so much. He is nothing more than a back-up. Everybody just keeps getting pushed back, our ends (who are supposed to be giants too) don't even command double teams . No wonder our linebackers are getting blocked. Our low rush defense ranking shouldn't come as a surprise as a conclusion.

Adrian Peterson would give us another 'face' for our franchise (like Braylon and LeCharles). I am also convinced he will succeed, even in our (up to this point) dreadful franchise. His balance, like mentioned by the whole football world, is reminiscent of Barry Sanders while still being 6'2". He could be our LaDainian Tomlinson, the back is about to elicit our whole turnaround.

I'm happy I don't have to make this decision and I have 100% confidence in Phil Savage and Romeo Crennel to make the wisest decision.

With our second draft pick, since we don't take AP in this mock draft, I'd rather see Michael Bush. Needless to say he's a better Reuben Droughns and more comparable with Larry Johnson. Questions about his durability will ofcourse remain, but will also cause his stock to fall.

But please do tell me about Lynell Hamilton since I've never heard of the guy.

I also doubt that Clements will sign with us. Even though we can cough up the Champ Bailey money he will likely demand, the Redskins can cough that up AND a good team.

Another question I'd like to ask is why most of the fans are so down on Kevin Schaffer. His play hasn't been Pro Bowl worthy, but he has starting quality. If Joe Thomas was available, I'd rather still go for either Branch or Peterson. We should concentrate on our right side, concentrate on getting a better right tackle. Shamefully, Jake Long has announced he will return for his senior year.
RealityControl

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-J wrote:
I wouldn't mind trading down to draft Alan Branch instead of Adrian Peterson, but I wouldn't mind drafting AP too. I just watched our first half against the Ravens again and I still don't see why you guys like Fraser so much. He is nothing more than a back-up. Everybody just keeps getting pushed back, our ends (who are supposed to be giants too) don't even command double teams . No wonder our linebackers are getting blocked. Our low rush defense ranking shouldn't come as a surprise as a conclusion.

Adrian Peterson would give us another 'face' for our franchise (like Braylon and LeCharles). I am also convinced he will succeed, even in our (up to this point) dreadful franchise. His balance, like mentioned by the whole football world, is reminiscent of Barry Sanders while still being 6'2". He could be our LaDainian Tomlinson, the back is about to elicit our whole turnaround.

I'm happy I don't have to make this decision and I have 100% confidence in Phil Savage and Romeo Crennel to make the wisest decision.

With our second draft pick, since we don't take AP in this mock draft, I'd rather see Michael Bush. Needless to say he's a better Reuben Droughns and more comparable with Larry Johnson. Questions about his durability will ofcourse remain, but will also cause his stock to fall.

But please do tell me about Lynell Hamilton since I've never heard of the guy.

I also doubt that Clements will sign with us. Even though we can cough up the Champ Bailey money he will likely demand, the Redskins can cough that up AND a good team.

Another question I'd like to ask is why most of the fans are so down on Kevin Schaffer. His play hasn't been Pro Bowl worthy, but he has starting quality. If Joe Thomas was available, I'd rather still go for either Branch or Peterson. We should concentrate on our right side, concentrate on getting a better right tackle. Shamefully, Jake Long has announced he will return for his senior year.

First off, i am really glad i wouldn't have to make the decision between AD and Branch as well. I would be equally happy with both.

I realize Fraser isn't a starter, but he is good in a rotation and he is solid pass rusher. At this point we could use anybody if for nothing more than depth even.

I like Shaffer, and i also think he has been solid. With that said, I just think if we had a shot at Staley in R2 we should take it. He is better suited to handle speed rushers (Suggs, Porter, Geathers) which should help our QB feel more comfortable. Shaffer would be a great OG, since he is a good run blocker and would really give us a great duo on the left side.

Lynell Hamilton 6'1 220 4.45-4.55 San Deigo State. He has good size and enough speed to hit the homerun. He runs hard and can catch. Think Ronnie Brown esque. However, he is a jr. and from what i have read he is still undecided as to whether or not he will come out.

I also think we would be lucky to get Clements. Samuel may be more of a possiblity, we'll see.
RealityControl

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No suggestions? You guys are normally pretty vocal.

After today's game i think we all saw how bad our d-line is. Sure not having Roye hurts, but then again he is 34 and not going to be around much longer. As hard as it would to pass on AD, Branch derserves equal consideration!
SwissMiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealityControl wrote:
As hard as it would to pass on AD, Branch derserves equal consideration!

Liek we did with Gerard Warren and Tomlinson.

The priority is not a specific need on D-line or O-line, the priority is to bring talents in this team and in the first round I just see Peterson, Calvin Johnson and Troy Smith.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwissMiss wrote:
RealityControl wrote:
As hard as it would to pass on AD, Branch derserves equal consideration!

The priority is not a specific need on D-line or O-line, the priority is to bring talents in this team and in the first round I just see Peterson, Calvin Johnson and Troy Smith.

Troy Smith is out of the question for anywhere in the top 20.

Warren was lazy and unmotivated. Branch is completely oppisite. Like i said, I don't care if it is AD or Branch...just give me one of them.

The only problem i see with AD is conflict with other two top 10 ball hogs, but if Be Easy keeps dropping footballs we won't have to worry about it.
djvenditti274

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

So just because the play the same positions mean it will turn out to be the same way?...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: