Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Jones
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jdrocco01

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:07 pm    Post subject: Matt Jones Reply with quote

I'm sure if you're a Steelers fan you have heard about Matt Jones by now. But, I want to know what yons really think about him. If we draft him, which we are obviously looking at him, do yons think we will use him as a WR or TE? Is he worth a first round pick or should we maybe trade up in the second? I like him and I wanted to know all your opinions.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd think the steelers would use him as a WR.However, i think there are more relevant needs that could be addressed come that pick depending on who's available..Also, i think if theres no one else there that can help us, then we should go for it. If an o-lineman or DE is there, then they should take that player.Then we could do this as I suggested in an earlier post.

Here it is:
Pittsburgh gets:35th pick(Matt Jones)
Philly gets: 64th pick, our 4th round pick this year, our 3rd. round pick next year.

We get the player we want and Philly gets more picks.
Remember we'll get compensatory picks next draft to cover up for the trade up to get Matt Jones.

I would have no problem with this scenario especially if we picked up Shaun Cody from USC.

If need be, switch around the draft picks to 3rd. this year and 4th round to next year to make the trade more possible.

Leave your comments.
MoMoney717

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the trade but I think we should trade out of th first round instead. This will give us more picks in a middle heavy draft with a lot of talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.
Jdrocco01

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really like your idea alanfanecafan. it makes alot of sence and is great in my opinion. and i never thought of the middle havy draft, but i am almost never for gving up a first round pick.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything, the Steelers are going to trade up in the draft. Why? Because of Matt Jones. I've thought of a possible trade idea with the St. Louis Rams. Where the Steelers send over #30 and #62 to the St. Louis Rams for #19 and #192. It works out evenly on a Trade Value Chart, 940-940. The Steelers don't want to lose out on Matt Jones, because he reminds the Steelers so much of Ben Roethlisberger. He's an amazing athelete, and will be too tough to pass up on.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY, i think thats just not a good idea.think its too much to give up for a guy who probably won't start and contribute and also is not at a position of major need.I don't think he would go till the end of the first round anyway, so a trade up to get him is not needed, but a good thought overall.Just too much to give up for a "project".

Last edited by AlanFanecaFan on Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's talk that he'll go higher then late 1st Round. That's why the Steelers should trade up and get him. They've done it before for a "project", granted it was a 2nd round pick, but it was Antwaan Randle El.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To MoMoney717, i think thats a good idea. We could trade with philly for their 2 2nd round picks in exchange for our 1st round pick.They get 2 picks back to back while we get 3 2nds to get some talent in a draft with lots of depth.
Good thinkin.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Philly would give up two 2nd round picks to just move up 5 spots in the draft. It would probably be more like.... #35 & #77 for #30 or #35 & #94 for #30.

as11osu wrote:
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd still do the one you mentioned first.Good idea about Philly givin up too much too move up 5 spots.your right.
Fullback40

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Matt Jones for you guys. Bring him in. He will be that big WR that Roethlisberger has been craving...especially if Mike Wallace leaves.
gatek99

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:
I like Matt Jones for you guys. Bring him in. He will be that big WR that Roethlisberger has been craving...especially if Mike Wallace leaves.

Maybe if we scroll back in time and pick him over Heath Miller and then prevent him from doing Coke.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fullback40 wrote:

What year are you living in?
GreasyApples

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolwut

Props to mike23md!
at23steelers

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Fullback40 wrote:

What year are you living in?

What about Charles Rogers??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: