You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trading Braylon Edwards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigRed32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's Arizona's record? How many yards does the edge have? Their line sucks. So does ours. Draft linemen in all seven rounds! Please! Very Happy
Oklahoma Dawg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If CJ is available when we pick around #5-6 I think there would be some hellacious offers on the table to trade into our spot.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oklahoma Dawg wrote:
If CJ is available when we pick around #5-6 I think there would be some hellacious offers on the table to trade into our spot.

This is true...

I'd like to see us get more 1st day picks if possible...

We've got a lot of holes to try and fill...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
djvenditti274

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^Right there, two 1st rounders would be loooovveelly

Pitcock at one, another late first round O-lineman at the other...sends shivers down my spine
Dawgpoundcrazy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we need to fire terry Robiske and get a decent WR coach and he might help these guys work on basic fundamentals and actually catch the ball. My best friend is a college coach at a solid D-1 school when they went on a coaching clinic and reviewed NFL drills he thought what Robiske was doing was absolutely ridiculous. Now you might say who the h&*l is your buddy and what does he know. 35 other coaches agreed with him at the follow up banquet and yeah he was keeping track since he is a Browns fan.
It can't be any worse if we got someone else
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First two years in league:

Player 1: 1035 yards 10 touchdowns
Player 2: 1343 yards 9 touchdowns
Player 3: 1026 yards 3 touchdowns
Player 4: 542 yards 7 touchdowns

1. javon walker
2. braylon edwards
3. steve smith
4. david terrell

You guys wanna give Frye more time, but not Braylon?!?!

Thats ridiculous.
Brownsfan52

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft a WR anywhere in the top 5 rounds I'll collapse. I think that is the last position we need to address. Regardless of what happens with Northcutt. Keep Braylon, please don't drat Calvin Johnson and just focus on the real problems......running the football, stopping the run.
djvenditti274

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistakes right, and I think I mentioned it earlier...we'd get ourselves a very formiddable set of offensive weapons..that if able to...can produce like colts, or Cards wr's did last year...

I know we need more help in other areas, but CJ man...
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brownsfan52 wrote:
If we draft a WR anywhere in the top 5 rounds I'll collapse. I think that is the last position we need to address. Regardless of what happens with Northcutt. Keep Braylon, please don't drat Calvin Johnson and just focus on the real problems......running the football, stopping the run.

I'm gonna have to agree with B52. Braylon Edwards was the Calvin Johnson of his draft class. He has come back more quickly than expected from an ACL tear. He's got a big mouth and he is inconsistent, but he is a tough receiver who can also block. You don't trade one of your only offensive weapons when your offense is looking for their foundation. If we traded him away, we would be monumentally berated, and we would deserve every bit of it.
dawgdish

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mistake...Braylon could still develop into a star, it would be stupid to trade him. And I also cosign on getting rid of Robiskie.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all, I'm new to this forum but have been reading it for the past few weeks and have seen some very good ideas as well as seeing a lot of remarks that seem to be in the best intrest for the Browns. However, I feel that you guys are being rediculous if your talking about trading BE away. I think your being even more rediculous if you think we should draft Calvin Johnson while keeping BE. If we do that you minus will change our uniforms blue and gray, hire Mangini, and put a Blue lion on the helmet and forfit the franchise. I'm agreeing with a good percentage of you saing that we should draft for our biggest need..... O Line. If Joe Thomas is available, we do 2nd guess anything and unless were getting 2 first round picks, a second round pick and a third round pick, we take him (Period.) We need to stop focusing on the glamor positions and learn to win the game in the trenches.

mistakebytehlak wrote:
First two years in league:

Player 1: 1035 yards 10 touchdowns
Player 2: 1343 yards 9 touchdowns
Player 3: 1026 yards 3 touchdowns
Player 4: 542 yards 7 touchdowns

1. javon walker
2. braylon edwards
3. steve smith
4. david terrell

You guys wanna give Frye more time, but not Braylon?!?!

Thats ridiculous.

Great point..... Every figured since we drafted Braylon so high that he would become a randy moss or something. Remember TO, he was a nobody till his 4th or 5th year when he made that catch in traffic where he got drilled by 2 players. We need to give BE some time (how much, I dont know, but we need to work with him). If you look at those stats, how many of those guys didn't get any real playing time till the 10th game in the first season? Not only that Braylon only got about 3 real games his first year bewteen being benched initially for the holdout and the ACL tear.... We also have 2 games left for him to possibly get 180 yards and 2 TD's (bewteen the 2 games which i dont consider unreasable). So you sit there and judge him guessing he will be bust. Head the warning, if BE gets traded and goes somewhere else, he'll emerge as a TO with the given time. Another key need in the draft is a RB in which i think we should take AP if Thomas is taken. Lets not screw around anymore boy's and get down and dirty.
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mark clayton
58 rec 805 yds 4 tds 13.9 avg
(1276 yds 6 tds and a 12.5 avg for career)

braylon edwards
55 rec 831 yds 6 tds 15.1 avg
(87 rec 1343 9 tds 15.4 avg career)

roddy white
25 rec 404 yds 0 tds
(850 and 3 tds for career)

reggie brown
43 rec 789 yds 8 tds 18.3 avg
(1360 yds 12 tds and a 15.8 avg for career)

so with these numbers we see-

Reggie Brown has been a great deep ball threat with mcnabb this season.
clayton has put up the same numbers with mcnair- who has been great

and be easy has been holding his own with a bad o line, bad quarterback play (but has kicked it up since anderson has been in- sorry for that little quip, but its true).

Braylon should not be traded. Need we even put Mike Williams into the discussion?
bigdawg316

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No No No we do not trade B-Ezy ................ I C.J. is there for our pick we will recieve some trade offers. Pick the best one and trade away.....
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braylon gets 1 or 2 more years...

Depending on next year...

He just needs to stop dropping critical passes...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
MAIZEBLUEBROWNS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean to tell that you think it would be a good Idea to draft a rookie WR and start him learning the offense from scratch instead of a player who will be a 3rd year pro and knows the offense already? a player who had a very good rookie year going before he was injured and a player who went through his sophmore slump year with decent numbers even though the QBs were a first year starters and a didnt have a running game or Oline to allow the QB to get time to throw???

So Calvin would come in a try to learn the offense as a rookie. rookie WRs do not normally do anything the first year. The rookie WR who has done something suffer the sophmore jinx because they do not surprise defenses any longer. and if they are injured it usually takes a whole year to get back any where close to what they were before the injury (braylon)
Calvin would not pan out til the third year normally anyway I would not want to start over when I have a young receiver who will be in his third year already knows the offense. already has time with both QBs as well.
I would not want to turn in my $100 lottery ticket for a chance to make $120 in three years. that makes no sense at all!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: