You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anderson vs Frye : a divided board, a battle...some numbers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nathan_def wrote:
I actually agree with you on butler, I'm not sure about the OG though, really haven't paid attention to that haha. Man our line sucks, and I really hate that LB isn't going to be back

You hate that LB isn't going to be back?

How do you think LB feels?

Laughing

Poor guy...

It upsets me because I'd really like to know how much different our OL would 've played had he been in...

As for Friedman... We'll just put it this way... He hasn't been on his back nearly as much as Andruzzi...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
nathan_def

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats funny

Ya I bet he is just feeling awful, remember when he was so excited to be a brown. I think they really need to do something about the medical staff the browns rely on.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like Friedman...I watched him on one play, and he absolutely mauled one of the Ravens LB's on the one play I saw him on. This OL hasn't had ne time to gel together in the offseason or in training camp, but....oh no, This sucks....I just saw on the NFL Pro Bowl special that somehow Willie Parker got in...and not Freddy T? That is absolutely BS. That man has never been selected to the pro bowl. neways...this OL, whoever we get, will need to gel in the offseason....WHAT??? And now it just showed that NONE of the Jags OL got in. No Khalif Barnes, no Manuwai, no Chris Naeole? That is absurd, and I am not a happpy camper...but this is the Browns forum, I am just shellshocked that none of them made it. Anyways, with a solid offseason, and no unfortunate injuries, this team should be fine in the future with the OL. We will draft a few early on, and we will bring in the best proven guys in the offseason.

Dawg24 = The Man.
mags2282

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest neither guy is the answer.
But Phil was apart of the Baltimore organization that won the Super Bowl with non other than Dilfer.....................I don't think Savage thinks he needs a #1, top notch QB to win in this league..............He will try to build up the lines and the D and aquire a QB that can "mannage the game"....Well just because it worked in Baltimore doesn't mean it's going to work here Phil!!!
bigdawg316

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about Friedman.... Ya I saw him just plant that LB too. but a couple plays later I also watch him Watch Anderson get dumped on his butt. He hardly moved a muscle to block the guy whom sacked Anderson. I was yelling at the tv move ur fat butt... Confused
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Joker wrote:
This is the situation...

Anderson hasnt played any better than Frye...in fact he;s played worse against the same competition...(note: Pittsburgh was significantly injured in the secondary during the second meeting)

vs Baltimore
Frye - 90.2 QB Rating - (21 of 33) for 298 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT - also ran for a TD
Anderson - 85.8 QB Rating - (23 of 32) for 223 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT

vs Pittsburgh
Frye 89.1 QB Rating (17 of 27) for 224 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT
Anderson - 78.2 QB Rating - (21 of 37) for 276 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT

vs Kansas City
Frye 131.4 QB Rating (11 of 13) for 122 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
Anderson - 95.5 QB Rating - (12 of 21) for 171 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT

Overall vs the 3 common opponents
Frye 98.2 QB Rating (49 of 73) for 644 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT 1 Rushing TD
Anderson 85.0 QB Rating (56 of 90) for 670 yards, 5 TD, 4 INT

The only reason anybody is considering DA as the answer is because everyone thought he sucked and didnt belong in the NFL. Over the past few weeks he's proven that at least, he's a decent back-up. Anderson is a beneficiary of no expectations. Frye on the other hand was supposed to develop into a solid NFL starter and lead this team, that's what people expected...when Frye struggled people got down on him and now they want to give up on him...

Anderson gets praised for his performance against Baltimore, but had Frye played the same game and put up similar numbers...he would have been criticized for the INT's and fumbles and innaccurate passes...

It's that simple.

Charlie Frye has had a absolutely terrible season.
He's been sacked and hit hard every week.
He's been crapped on by the fans.
And now people want to trade him or bench him.
If the kid can come back from this season he's a keeper.

Applause Applause Applause

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-27 for 123 yds and 4 ints

I wonder where all those Anderson appologists are?

Vince Lombardi
SwissMiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
10-27 for 123 yds and 4 ints

I wonder where all those Anderson appologists are?

They are cheering for Troy Smith !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy is not worth drafting where we'll be picking. So unless we get a much lower 1st or use our second on him he'd be a huge waste for us to pick him

Vince Lombardi
SwissMiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frye vs Anderson will be the uggliest QB battle ever.

Save the QB battle tradition, draft Troy Smith.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwissMiss wrote:

I will never understand the way Cleveland fans treat guys like Frye. People pulled for Anderson and all the media got into a frenzy... and he's worse than Frye. It's a shame it took a 10/27, 123 yard, 0 TD, 4 INT performance against an average defense for people to see what some of us have been saying all along. Anderson is not an NFL starting QB.
runnin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spectre wrote:
SwissMiss wrote:

I will never understand the way Cleveland fans treat guys like Frye. People pulled for Anderson and all the media got into a frenzy... and he's worse than Frye. It's a shame it took a 10/27, 123 yard, 0 TD, 4 INT performance against an average defense for people to see what some of us have been saying all along. Anderson is not an NFL starting QB.

That is probably why he wasn't the starting quarterback to start the season: he's not that good. i really don't think either of them are the answer and as it was said above, the battle will be ugly, might as well save the trouble and draft someone who is better than both of them. we need a team player and i don't think frye is it and anderson would probably make a good backup

"You got a dream, you got to protect it. People can't do something themselves, they want to tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period."
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not opposed to drafting a QB this year, but I still want Frye to win the job next year and get a chance behind any kind of actual offensive line and if i'm lucky, maybe Santa will give me a running game for Christmas...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
jaydawg

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not totally sold on frye, but i want to see what he can do with a better line and with a season under his belt. they say qb's dont usually flourish until their 3rd year so lets see how he does.
i also think that da has gotten worse every game he's played. after teams get a few games of film on a guy, they can pretty much figure out his tendencies and such and scheme against him and i think that's what happened last week (combined with some just poor throws). i want to bolster our line and run the ball to open up the pass so teams dont just blitz the bejesus out of frye.
the biggest knock (for me at least) on anderson is he hasnt won any games yet (except for k.c., but scott mitchel did that once too haha), and he seems to really stink on 3rd down.
lacydog

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaydawg wrote:
i'm not totally sold on frye, but i want to see what he can do with a better line and with a season under his belt. they say qb's dont usually flourish until their 3rd year so lets see how he does.
i also think that da has gotten worse every game he's played. after teams get a few games of film on a guy, they can pretty much figure out his tendencies and such and scheme against him and i think that's what happened last week (combined with some just poor throws). i want to bolster our line and run the ball to open up the pass so teams dont just blitz the bejesus out of frye.
the biggest knock (for me at least) on anderson is he hasnt won any games yet (except for k.c., but scott mitchel did that once too haha), and he seems to really stink on 3rd down.

I'm hoping that this game put the Derek Anderson fan club to rest. I really am.

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. I think Charlie has the potential to be a solid QB, but he has been mishandled. He was pushed into the starting role way too quickly, he should've taken over this team NEXT year.

A great point was made earlier: Savage thinks we can win without a great QB. If you look at his time in Baltimore, QB was often a position where Baltimore seemed to need a new starter. Baltimore signed on mediocre veteran QB after mediocre veteran QB. Jim Harbaugh, Eric Zeire, Tony Banks, Trent Dilfer, Elvis Grbac, Anthony Redman and Anthony Wright were all QBs before they actually drafted Kyle Boller.

Honestly, I don't see Savage drafting a QB like Troy Smith or JaMarcus Russel or Brady Quinn.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: