Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trevor Pryce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickelpete

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Trevor Pryce Reply with quote

It is apparently common knowledge that Trevor Pryce is currently being shopped around. I've heard no teams have shown really any interest at this point. I think it is NOT for the obvious reason people are saying; he is coming off an injury.
I think Pryce is trying to mess up the Broncos. The rumors I hear is that he has thus far refused to take any physical exam since the surgery. Without a physical, no team will make an offer for someone of whom there may be doubt he can contribute. The Broncos, on the other hand, do not currently have the cap space to sign any of their soon-to-be-drafted rookies unless something is done about Pryce's cap number. He has refused to renegotiate, blocked any attempt at being traded by refusing the physical, and will force the Broncos to do the only thing left to free up cap space--cut him. He will certainly find some team willing to give him a nice contract based on his past productivity.
Summary:
Pryce still gets the guaranteed deferred money from his original contract with the Broncs, even if he gets cut plus any new guarantees from signing a new deal with the team of his choice. Pryce=win/win.
Broncos still pay some guaranteed money to Pryce, lose him and will get nothing in return. Broncos=lose/lose.
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we cut Pryce, it saves six million, we'd owe him his 3 million dollar bonus.

We received four Browns DL that will be the equivalent of what Pryce/Droughns cost.

Good pick ups.

WIN WIN

Yeah, awesome cool! Denver Broncos rock the world!
GoLions17

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt call it win win you picked up four lineman that made up the worst run stopping line in the league last year. i guess thats a win right?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its looking more and more likely that pryce is going to restructure to stay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: