Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ciatrick Fason
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skip2MiLew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Ciatrick Fason Reply with quote

Seems he would be a good fit into the Giants program. You all say we need a RB, i say we go for him with a later pick. Almost identical in running style to Tiki, both are quick, consistant, cut back runners with good vision. Neither is an explosive steam roller like Ricky Williams was but, now, neither has had fumbling problems nor injury problems. Both are good recievers out of the backfield. Fason will need to get use to having a lead blocker but we can always set him up on a shotgun draw. Fason is a little bigger but that is a plus. Another thing is neither has burner speed. While not a plus, it is not a huge draw back. They both get it done, that's all that really matters.
JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather sign William Green. Green may be a capable starter but may be a lot better as a backup and third down back. Hopefully the Browns cut him and we can give him an offer. I think our 2nd round pick should be Best Player Available, especially if Blackstock or Burnett are available. Anyone that falls out of the first round really. I would prefer a WR but I don't see it happening now. Then our third pick could be used on a corner because Allen is likely to leave next year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Ciatrick Fason Reply with quote

Skip2MiLew wrote:
Seems he would be a good fit into the Giants program. You all say we need a RB, i say we go for him with a later pick. Almost identical in running style to Tiki, both are quick, consistant, cut back runners with good vision. Neither is an explosive steam roller like Ricky Williams was but, now, neither has had fumbling problems nor injury problems. Both are good recievers out of the backfield. Fason will need to get use to having a lead blocker but we can always set him up on a shotgun draw. Fason is a little bigger but that is a plus. Another thing is neither has burner speed. While not a plus, it is not a huge draw back. They both get it done, that's all that really matters.

when drafting a backup, u dont go for someone that is identical. u go for a change of pace back, and with tiki being an explosive cutback runner, u go for a big bruising back, like eric shelton, brandon jacobs, or even marion barber III. basically anyone above 220 lbs.

Big Blue doing big things in 2007-08
Skip2MiLew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joro, i wasn't going for backup, i was going for replacement.

And Peen, im saying we could get him later. I dont think we would have to use our 2nd rounder on him but he is a good quality late round pickup.
Joro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skip2MiLew wrote:
joro, i wasn't going for backup, i was going for replacement.

And Peen, im saying we could get him later. I dont think we would have to use our 2nd rounder on him but he is a good quality late round pickup.

why would we be thinking about tiki's replacement. yeah he is 30, but he has been nothing but durable throughout his career despite all the doubts. and with a career year last year, i still think he has 4-5 years left at or near an All Pro level. i think we'd think about a replacement down the road in the first round. i think a pick this year would best go to ron dayne's replacement, as in the player we always wanted to complement tiki. a big, bruising back that excels in short yardage run situations would add a great element to our offense and it would prevent from taking on too much of the load.

Bigbloo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joro, Tiki did have an all pro year, but the passing game was non existent, and also giant WR were tackled inside the 10 like 12 times, inside the 5 like 5 times. I agree im not ready to replace hime, but i wouldnt mind groomin a guy like fiason behind tiki and when hes 25, who knows he could be a quality back. I just think takin a guy like fiason can really ease our minds for the next couple drafts, and if he stinks, than we go for the 1st round back. But if you look at it, we have a 24 year old QB, a 25 year old former superstar tight end, a 27 year old 6'5 beast(i know you would rather have Terrell for some reason) at WR. And our best OL are young. So, I think if we can get a guy like fiason in the 4th we should jump all over him, maybe the 3rd. Id rather have a guy like tiki, earning from tiki. And also I'd rather take someone who can catch the ball out of the backfield rather than a bruiser since it seems like we're heading in the direction of a pass first offense.
socalscholar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: RB Reply with quote

The Giants should go after William Green when he gets cut and draft a RB in the 3rd or 4th round.
Skip2MiLew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really haven't seen Green play but it seems he would be the next ron dayne.... but that's just a guess, never seen him play. I like Fason because he's fairly fast, has good hands, and has good vision. He's just fairly good overall. I'm not looking to pick the next priest homes here, just a good player who can fill in for our aging veterns. Having someone who can play the same style football as his predicessor helps make the transition that much smoother.
Joro

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RB we need now isn't a replica of tiki. we need a short yardage back, and going into another season without one is just plain stupid. after finally getting rid of Ron Dayne, we gotta get our hands on a big back that can move the pile. Fason isn't that good anyway, he doesnt project to be a franchise back.

JackthePeenStalk

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marion Barber reminds me a lot of Tiki but it also says he is a great goaline back.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/rb/marionbarber.html
I think he could be one of the best backs in the league and I don't want to pass on him but I don't want to pay him 3 years or so on contract to have him only be a backup. By the time he becomes our starter we'll have to re-sign him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Derrick Ward at 5'11" 233, he probably will project to our third down back. He broke a few tackles on his kick off return for a TD but he has never lined up in the backfield yet. And at 30, Tiki definately does not have 4-5 years left. I am sorry to say that but it is the truth. With the load we put on him i think 3 years at most, then he starts to break down. I like Fason because he's fairly fast, has good hands, and has good vision. He's just fairly good overall. I'm not looking to pick the next priest homes here, just a good player who can fill in for our aging vetern (Tiki). Having someone who can play the same style football as his predicessor helps make the transition that much smoother.
Joro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackthePeenStalk wrote:
Marion Barber reminds me a lot of Tiki but it also says he is a great goaline back.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/playerprofiles/rb/marionbarber.html
I think he could be one of the best backs in the league and I don't want to pass on him but I don't want to pay him 3 years or so on contract to have him only be a backup. By the time he becomes our starter we'll have to re-sign him.

he is nothing like tiki at all. the only similarity is the last name. he is bigger back, who can pound the ball but he does have decent speed. However, i think he can be available in third round. not a given, but he could fall. a 2nd round pick's salary pretty much falls in line with what a backup would demand, so its not really a dumb move to have him backup tiki and then re-sign him once his deal is up, mainly because as a career backup he wont demand that much anyway.

Joro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skip2MiLew wrote:
With Derrick Ward at 5'11" 233, he probably will project to our third down back. He broke a few tackles on his kick off return for a TD but he has never lined up in the backfield yet. And at 30, Tiki definately does not have 4-5 years left. I am sorry to say that but it is the truth. With the load we put on him i think 3 years at most, then he starts to break down. I like Fason because he's fairly fast, has good hands, and has good vision. He's just fairly good overall. I'm not looking to pick the next priest homes here, just a good player who can fill in for our aging vetern (Tiki). Having someone who can play the same style football as his predicessor helps make the transition that much smoother.

ward isnt really a running back, he is just a special teams player. on that kickoff return, he got excellent blocking and basically just ran straight. he wont be our back up or third down back, he is just a special teams player and 2nd kick returner with ponder.

Skip2MiLew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joro wrote:
ward isnt really a running back, he is just a special teams player. on that kickoff return, he got excellent blocking and basically just ran straight. he wont be our back up or third down back, he is just a special teams player and 2nd kick returner with ponder.

All I'm saying is you gotta do something right to run a return for a TD. Do you really think the giants special teams ever produced "excellent blocking"? That's another issue. I would just like to see Ward line up in the back field and take a few snaps.
Joro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skip2MiLew wrote:
Joro wrote:

All I'm saying is you gotta do something right to run a return for a TD. Do you really think the giants special teams ever produced "excellent blocking"? That's another issue. I would just like to see Ward line up in the back field and take a few snaps.

last year, giants special teams blocking on kickoff returns was not only excellent, but the best in the league as ponder led the league in yards per return. ward is more of a straight runner and he wont do [inappropriate/removed] as a back. we have to draft marion barber if he is there in the 3rd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: