Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If it were up to me!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmay98

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: If it were up to me! Reply with quote

There are rumors that we are in the running for Darren Howard the defensive end out of NO. He played for K-State and now he wants out. Reportedly he was going to be headed to Dallas and only for a 2nd round pick. But I guess he wants too much money.

Here's what I propose, and please feel free to pinch me so I can wake up.

Trade our 1st round pick 15th overall and possibly a 4th or 5th pick with the NY Jets for their 1st round pick 26th overall and their 2nd round pick 57th overall. This would give us two 2nd round picks and yet still a 1st rounder.

Now trade our 2nd round pick 47th overall for Darren Howard (this is only 4 spots down from what Dallas is offering. Then trade our 2nd round pick we got from NY and maybe a scrap pick 5th, 6th, or 7th to trade for Surtain. Then we can still get Marlin Jackson, Brandon Browner, Fabian Washington, ect. that could make an impact.

But whoa talk about mortgaging the future with those signing bonuses. But what a hell of an upgrade to our defense. Somebody please wake me up.
kyanho

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think that Jet trade is very possible (to grab Carlos Rogers). But as far as the Darren Howard trade, I think it would be better to keep that pick and trade our 7th for Carlos Hall.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im pretty sure that surtain can be had for a 3rd
KCCHIEFS_58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would all be great but there is no way we can pay surtain and howard and sign our draft picks
timmay98

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: So you're saying there's a chance??? (In He*% maybe) Reply with quote

I know I am in fantasy land but to argue a couple of points we can not trade this years third rd because it's a compensatory pick and the league doesn't allow it. Plus I think, if Miami is smart, that they will not accept anything short of a 2nd rd pick.
If we moved down in the draft and traded away some of our draft picks such as a 2nd and maybe a 4th or 5th we would have less rookies to sign plus we would have some proven players. The time is now for the Chiefs, that offense isn't getting any younger. It's time they made some big time moves.
I unfortunately agree that they will get someone like the DE out of Tennessee which is ok if they can pick up another LB and do well in the draft. But I consider my fantasy world great and I consider myself being pinched, so back to reality.
2TP3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now money is the biggest thing right now, we only have about 2 1/2 mil to work with right now and both Howard and Surtain want a new contract once they get to thier new team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: