You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bowl Season: Who to watch
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pastordawg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bzip,
thank you for these previews. I have had a ridicuolusly busy fall eraly winter, and have not been able to keep up on college ball except watching OSU, so these are very valuable to me. Thank you for the hard work.
lacydog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenny Scott (and Reggie Ball) are academically ineligable for GT's bowl game now. That's a shame, because I really wanted to see Kenny Scott in action.

After watching the NIU/TCU game, I'm not convinced that Doug Free is a top 2 round pick anymore. I think we could get him in the 3rd, and that'd be amazing.

Right now, I think we'd be best drafting like this:

(Trade Droughns, K. Dorsey, N. Dorsey and/or McCutcheon for a 5th)

1st: Alan Branch or A.P
2nd: Victor Abiamari, Michael Bush, Levi Brown, or Daymeion Hughes
3rd: Doug Free
4th: Brandon Duckworth, OG, Auburn
5th: Kenny Scott or BPA
5th: Ryan Robinson or Ryan Moore
6th: Paul Soliai or Kelly Talavou
7th: Steve Breaston, Soliai, Talavou, or Eric Buchanan (S, TCU)
TheSoldier80

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I over-exaggerated on the horrible comment. I really only got see parts of it, but two of those were Blake's sacks. He looked decent if he has that foot injury, and I think he would be a good 3rd Rounder, possibly starter if his foot heals. Wasn't really impressed/disimpressed with the Oregon Center or BYU Tackle tonight. Although, that BYU RB has over 1000 yards two season in a row, so that BYU tackle cant be too bad. Any reason he's a RT and not LT?
TheSoldier80

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacydog, you wouldnt take Ryne Robinson AND Breaston in the same draft would you? Breaston is only if we dont get Robinson right? I think Robinson is my favorite player in this draft. I've heard anywhere from 5th-7th, so who knows where we could get him.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is another NT prospect that has declared for the Draft, Stanley Doughty from my home town South Carolina. This guy is an interesting prospect, he could be that NT were looking for. What worries me is this guy has had some motivational issues.......basically think Gabe Watson, he has loads of potential, he's not quite as big (height wise) as Gabe was, but this guy is one of the quickest men for his size I've ever seen, and he is VERY strong, kinda reminds me of casey hampton for real, thats WHEN he's actually playing full speed......which dosent always happen.

http://uscsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/doughty_stanley00.html

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Brownzip

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched most of BYU/Oregon last night. Just a few comments.

-Was not at all impressed with Jonathon Stewart. When I saw him earlier in the year he was everything we would be looking for in a back. Big, strong, decesive, fast, you name it. Last night he was kind of slow and hesitant. Oregon couldn't do anything right on offense and it never helps when your spliting time between two very different style QB's.

-The prospect that stuck out to me was Oregon Center Enoka Lucas. Oregon gave up a lot of sacks, but they were mostly coverage sacks and a lot of them had to do with the unstable QB situation. Lucas was a bright spot on the line. He doesn't gets pushed around, uses good leverage and has very nice technique. He's on my radar depending on what all happens over the next few months with Bentley and Fraley.

-Jake Kuresa REALLY needs to move inside to guard. The only things saving him from giving up multiple sacks last night was that BYU gets the ball out so quickly. He's not real good against speed rushers and his technique at RT wasn't all that good.

-John Beck wasn't much special. He ended up with a good game, but he threw some bad balls throughout. He's pretty comfortable in the pocket and he runs that offense pretty well, but I don't know if I'd look at him with a late round pick.

-The Tight End for BYU Jonny Harline was quite impressive. I didn't like the one play where he pulled up on a ball that would have went for a first down because he was about to get a lick put on him, but other than that he was quite impressive. The TD pass he caught when Beck had to scrammble was textbook. When the QB's in trouble break off the routes and try to get open. He did and Beck found him.

-J.D. Nelson could lay the wood, and he did a couple of times. He didn't really do that horrible in coverage either. He might be a guy who could benefit from a switch to Corner.

I'll have a few more scouting reports out thisafternoon.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more before heading into the weekend. Enjoy.

Dec. 29- 1pm- ESPN- Music City Bowl- Clemson vs. Kentucky

Clemson:
-Gaines Adams-DE/OLB
-Nathan Bennett-G
-Duane Coleman-Athlete
-Marion Dukes-OT
-Dustin Fry-C
-Roman Fry-G
-Sergio Gilliam-CB
-Reggie Merriweather-RB
-Will Proctor-QB
-Anthony Waters-LB
-Chansi Stuckey-WR

Kentucky:
-Michael Aitcheson-G
-Karl Booker-CB
-Hayden Lane-OT
-Matt McCutchan-C
-Fatu Turituri-G
-Durrell White-DE/OLB
-Trai Williams-G

Analysis: If your one of those people who has a hard time following multiple players you might as well just ignore Kentucky altogether. The Draft talent in this one is on Clemsonís side where Adams is a sure bet to be a first rounder and D.Fry, Stuckey, Gilliam and Waters should all also be drafted.

Clemson Prospect to watch: Gaines Adams-DE/OLB

I donít particularly think that the hybrid DE/OLB position will be the Browns biggest concern for the first round, but if we take one this is likely to be the guy. Adams is pretty much a consensus as the top DE in the draft and he has the skills to play OLB in the 34.

Kentucky Prospect to watch: Matt McCutchan-C

If your going to watch Kentucky at all pay attention to the interior of their line. McCutchan is probably their top pro-prospect and the guards arenít too far behind.

Dec. 29- 2pm- CBS- Sun Bowl- Oregon State vs. Missouri

Oregon State:
-Ruben Jackson-WR
-Adam Koets-OT
-Joe Lemma-DE/OLB
-Josh Linehan-OT
-Matt Moore-QB
-Joe Newton-TE
-Sabby Piscitelli-S

Missouri:
-Marcus Bacon-LB
-Joel Clinger-OT
-Mike Cook-G
-Brad Ekwerekwu-WR
-Dedrick Harrington-LB
-Xzavie Jackson-DE
-Brandon Massey-S
-David Overstreet-S
-Brian Smith-DE/OLB

Analysis: If youíre bored watching Adams and the Tigers walk all over Kentucky flip it to this one. On paper these teams are a little more closely matched and this should be a good game. As far as prospects both sides have a few names that stick out. Most notably Beaver TE Joe Newton who is among the top Senior TEís in the nation.

Oregon State Prospect to watch: Joe Newton-TE

If you like big Tight Ends Newton is your guy. At 6í7Ē he presents matchup problems for almost anyone who may be covering him. Also keep an eye on Piscitelli who is a fine Safety and Moore is a sleeper QB prospect.

Missouri Prospect to watch: David Overstreet-S

This one is a tossup as Overstreet, Brian Smith and Joel Clinger could all be put in here. Overstreet is the emotional leader of the defense however and a very good Strong Safety.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump

Some great ones for us to look at tonight...

Quinton Echols-NT (Kansas State)
Daymeion Hughes-CB (Cal)
Marshawn Lynch-RB (Cal)

Everyone take a good look at Lynch. If we trade back, or if Peterson isn't there, this could be our future RB.

And Brownszip, you better hurry up, you're fallin behind.
Brownzip

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheSoldier80 wrote:
Bump

Some great ones for us to look at tonight...

Quinton Echols-NT (Kansas State)
Daymeion Hughes-CB (Cal)
Marshawn Lynch-RB (Cal)

Everyone take a good look at Lynch. If we trade back, or if Peterson isn't there, this could be our future RB.

And Brownszip, you better hurry up, you're fallin behind.

I know, I know. It just takes a lot of time to do these things and my attention span for them is running a tad short. I am rather liking Lynch tonight, but DeShean Jackson is flatout killer with his speed and he can catch. I'm definitley gonna have to keep my eye on this kid for the future.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: