Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers defense gassed, Timmons puked against Ravens
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:39 am    Post subject: Steelers defense gassed, Timmons puked against Ravens Reply with quote

Quote:
“They had guys throwing up,” said right guard Kelechi Osemele. “We couldn’t even get one of the plays off as fast as we wanted to because the dude [linebacker Lawrence Timmons] threw up right where [center Jeremy Zuttah] was trying to snap the ball. They had guys throwing up. They were definitely wearing down.”

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-09-12/sports/bal-ravens-pittsburgh-steelers-thursday-night-football-week-2-game-recap-20140911_1_torrey-smith-bernard-pierce-middle-linebacker-daryl-smith/2

I mean, maybe Timmons was sick. I don't know. The Ravens seemed to think it was conditioning.

Lawrence Timmons is one of the highest paid players at his position in the league. The Steelers have 130m invested in just 38 players next year (plus some dead money). These guys are a lot of things, but they aren't underpaid. If Timmons, who is the second highest paid guy on the team (and no where near worth that amount) isn't in shape, that speaks very poorly of the team, coaches, and Timmons himself. Same to anyone else who was exhausted.

The biggest indictment against Colbert and this regime is the cap situation. It's out of whack compared to the results they get.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see this as that big of a deal, but others will.

Short week
Offense doesn't or fails to move the ball.
Defense can make simple play so they exert more energy
Bad food?

Again it's early in the season and I expect things will change for the better as the season wears on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By get better as the season goes along, you mean play himself into shape. Same with others. He is the second highest paid player on the team and is supposed to be one of the new leaders. He should already be in shape.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
By get better as the season goes along, you mean play himself into shape. Same with others. He is the second highest paid player on the team and is supposed to be one of the new leaders. He should already be in shape.

I don't know if Timmons contract has anything to do with him being in shape. I just believe he was gassed and it showed. Timmons has for the most part be one of the healthiest players on the entire team. If being in shape was a issue it would of probably rang louder in other areas. I just see this as a defense expending to much energy because they fail to get off the field.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to make excuses, but it was also 82 degrees and 65% humidity. I know, I know, they are paid to be professionals, so on and so on, but a body can only take what it can take, and it very well could have been something not agreeing with his stomach, along with other factors.

So I don't care about the puking, what I do care about is if they were truly 'gassed', then yes, they should be pushed a little harder, for a little longer, slowly building that up through training camp...conditioning should be part of the training as well. And our coaches need to pay attention as well and sub out more often, I guess..

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what I don't understand is why Baltimore didn't run more no-huddle against a defense that was busy upchucking on the field
warfelg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timmons was the only one to throw up. More a sign of dehydration with the conditions than conditioning. Either way it's an issue.

On more concerned with the fact that an already weak pass rush gets worse and more winded as the game goes on.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-story. No further comment needed.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just read that Timmons apparently had some bad noodles or something
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheap [inappropriate/removed] Rooney's feeding the guys gas station Raman before a game...
SteelersFan2333

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big deal to me, I was at the game and it was in the 80's with a very high humidity and absolutely no breeze in the stadium. At halftime I went out to the smoking section outside the stadium just to try and cool off, there was a breeze outside and what a difference. The Ravens players were just as gassed on their sideline, can't remember who but one of the Ravens players from their D took his jersey off 2 of the times their offense was on the field and stood right in front of the cooling fan. Mix a little dehydration in with the temps and I would have been puking also
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, what I hear is a lot of excuses. I'm not buying any of them and I'm absolutely blaming it on poor preparation and even worse execution. The team played like garbage, they carried the 2nd half of the Cleveland game right into all 4 Qtrs of the Baltimore game. This is a game of momentum and we entered the game with very little in our favor.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
BenderRodriguez

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Cheap [inappropriate/removed] Rooney's feeding the guys gas station Raman before a game...

Maybe he had the flu Rolling Eyes

She's a Whooty-Edubb (I Got One) Dancing
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
304 Total Yards
168 yds Rushing 1 td
136 yards receiveing

Shocked
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found myself puking too while watching the Steelers defense lately.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
I've found myself puking too while watching the Steelers defense lately.

I've been just as sick watching the offense as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: