Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Return of James Harrison
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KofQ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: The Return of James Harrison Reply with quote

Indications show from Espn and NFL.com that he and the Steelers are in talks. I love this move if its done right. Have Moats play majority of snaps and then have Harrison come in on passing downs and when we need a big stop. Can't wait to see 92 knock around a few QBs one last time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for no link. Phone won't work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being discussed in the jones injury thread....

But I'm hopeful this works out but gut says a lot of people will be disappointed when James shows his age.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please, no. He's done, plus we don't need this trash around with the current issues in the NFL.

Please, stay away Harrison.
KofQ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
Please, no. He's done, plus we don't need this trash around with the current issues in the NFL.

Trash?? I can see him putting up 4 or 5 sacks in a situational role. That's a heck of alot more then what Worilds is bringing to the table. Plus I think he'll be good for Jones and Shazier from an attitude and tenacity stand point.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its official! Welome bak #92! Go and destroy at your pleasure!!

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KofQ wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:

Trash?? I can see him putting up 4 or 5 sacks in a situational role. That's a heck of alot more then what Worilds is bringing to the table. Plus I think he'll be good for Jones and Shazier from an attitude and tenacity stand point.

I see 4 sacks in the next game Laughing Well, maybe not, but if he plays enough, there should be a few . Best off season move yet, can't wait for intimidation to be back on our side. Harrison's legend will continure Razz
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be incredible if he came back in old form somehow. Like, his body recouped with the time off and he was simply misused in Cinci (which he was).

I think he can still rush the passer better than anyone on the Steelers. and I know he can set the edge in the run game better than Worilds.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to be optimistic. I hope our dominant #92 is back and wrecks havoc.... but I'm also eager to see 3rivers disappointed. Something seems off when he's happy and posts positive things.

But I really don't see much of an impact. If he had much left in the tank he wouldn't have gone unsigned.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
It would be incredible if he came back in old form somehow. Like, his body recouped with the time off and he was simply misused in Cinci (which he was).

I think he can still rush the passer better than anyone on the Steelers. and I know he can set the edge in the run game better than Worilds.

This is exactly what I thought, healed then misused and sparingly used at that. Like he had last year off, all healthy and ready to return to form. Imagine if he gts to start and is back to old form Shocked
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
I want to be optimistic. I hope our dominant #92 is back and wrecks havoc.... but I'm also eager to see 3rivers disappointed. Something seems off when he's happy and posts positive things.

But I really don't see much of an impact. If he had much left in the tank he wouldn't have gone unsigned.

I am preparing crow mr. moderator Laughing We should all be happy about this, just wait, especially if the have the DL in base:

smac, mccullers, heyward.

Add the tackling machine spence and we are poised for a nice streak. Just keep cam on the bench or release him Laughing

Now what about Champ Bailey?
Josh C Smith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

I am preparing crow mr. moderator Laughing We should all be happy about this, just wait, especially if the have the DL in base:

smac, mccullers, heyward.

Add the tackling machine spence and we are poised for a nice streak. Just keep cam on the bench or release him Laughing

Now what about Champ Bailey?

I would totally be cool with Champ, either him or another veteran CB. I'm not sure what other CB options are.

As for Harrison, good to see him back. I still think he can be an effective player in a situational role. I just wonder if in a couple weeks he would start over Moats.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be waiting.

Haven't heard anything about Champ since earlier.

thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
The Curtain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazingly cool. That is f'n appreciation for an organization right there.

Now the best part will be when he gets fined in his first game back.
3rivers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He better start or at least share time starting and in passing downs depending on his conditioning. We know how lazy he is, maybe get the oxygen tank ready while we are at it. Good that LeBeau is still here isn't it:)

What do you think he will play in the first game back?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: