Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers trade for CB Justin Gilbert
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSerg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Steelers trade for CB Justin Gilbert Reply with quote

Not sure how I feel about this. Obviously it would depend on what they gave up (hopefully not more than a 7th). He's been pretty bad, but I liked him predraft. Maybe a change of scenery will do him well lol

@AdamSchefter: Browns trading former first-round CB Justin Gilbert to the Pittsburgh Steelers, per league source. Rare in-division trade.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to feel good about it now. Eventually I might feel better. In-divison trade usually mean the team who traded away player A to a rival team, counting on playing against this player TWICE.

However I'm expecting this one to be a conditional pick. Perhaps a fifth round pick. At least Gilbert isn't a strictly slot CB, right?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this team let interns make decisions for the secondary?

Im honestly at a loss for words anymore about how incompetent our front office is at managing secondary talent.

My biggest issue with this is the fact that there were BETTER [inappropriate/removed] PLAYERS RELEASED, yet we trade to a divisional rival for a guy who has been atrocious.

Better be like a conditional 2018 late rounder. Thats the only way I wont view this as yet another disgustingly bad decision in regards to our secondary.

This may end up being an overreaction, but Im just sick of bad decisions being made constantly made for this secondary. Its seemingly never ending.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur, 43M.

Heck I'm pretty sure the Browns were selling him and if that's the case the price got to be pretty low. Boykins was a decent slot CB while Gilbert is a bust who just maybe blossoms in different system.
TSerg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@RapSheet: The #Browns traded former first-round CB Justin Gilbert to the #Steelers for a 6th rounder in 2018, source said.
OC_Steeler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumored pick compensation is a 6th in 2018. Can't really complain for the price. Yeah he may suck here too, but he has talent and perhaps a change of scenery would do him well. I know many who were high on him a few years ago.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now now that I can live with.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE IT!! Busy watching MSU vs USA. I was very very high on Gilbert. I feel he is similar to Antonio Cromartie. Nice move by the FO.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
JLambert58

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Haven't followed Gilbert very closely but it seems like a small price to pay if they can get him going in the right direction.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TSerg wrote:
@RapSheet: The #Browns traded former first-round CB Justin Gilbert to the #Steelers for a 6th rounder in 2018, source said.

This doesn't bother me that much. I get there may have been some better options in FA but the price was right. Besides, he'll have a great coach to help him get better (Brown not Lake). The measurables are certainly there.

A Drunk Friend said:
Quote:
"It's like taking money from a candy".
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) I liked Gilbert coming out too, but he has been completely lost in the NFL.

2) Ive calmed down since its a 2018 6th (if thats true). However, I wouldve preferred we tried to pick up DJoun Smith or Pierre Desir first before exploring trades.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

2) Ive calmed down since its a 2018 6th (if thats true). However, I wouldve preferred we tried to pick up DJoun Smith or Pierre Desir first before exploring trades.

How many times have you actually watched Gilbert play outside of 2x a year?

Quote:
I like PFF.

Go straight to hell.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Ankle injury. Not sure how long until he is healthy. Gilbert also has return value although the Browns didn't utilize him properly. This is a gift from Ray Horton.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
OC_Steeler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Ankle injury. Not sure how long until he is healthy. Gilbert also has return value although the Browns didn't utilize him properly. This is a gift from Ray Horton.

Also, the Browns D has been a complete mess over the years. I don't think their was a more poorly coached unit than Jim Oneil's Browns Defense.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

Smith does have that HAS issue but that would have been a good p/u imo. Perhaps they wanted an active player considering it's cutdown day. To me, Desir and Gilbert are similar players. High potential, low results. Gilbert is the better athlete.

A Drunk Friend said:
Quote:
"It's like taking money from a candy".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: