Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#2 seed?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject: #2 seed? Reply with quote

Do you think we will be the #2 seed?

Bengals could, well,....bungle Cool

Imagine being the #2 seed after everything we had happen this season.

1. pats
2. Steelers
3. Chiefs
4. texans
5. bungles
6. bills

I can't believe the bungles lost last night at home. Makes that fluke loss to the ravens more important, and I am still mad over how we lost to the bungles, but payback is on the way. No way the bungles beat us again this year if Ben is "healthy" whatever that means when referring to him Brick wall

One smart move the nfl made was to have more divisional games near the end of the season. This makes the playoff race/seedings have importance later in the season.
Dook

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bengals lost one game and you've got them somehow dropping all the way to the 5th seed?

We have to face Seattle, Indy (don't know about Luck yet), Denver, and Cincinnati again.

I just don't see us being the #2 seed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Tomlin coached teams have not be all that great at stringing together long stretches of wins. I don't think he's ever had more than 5 and they've only done that once or twice. So, I'm skeptical they are going to win out from here on out and I think that's what it would take to be the #2 seed. Even if the schedule were easy.

The division alone is a long shot.
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
The Bengals lost one game and you've got them somehow dropping all the way to the 5th seed?

We have to face Seattle, Indy (don't know about Luck yet), Denver, and Cincinnati again.

I just don't see us being the #2 seed.

Bengals schedule looks tough, not that ours isn't. it's either #2 or #5 because division winners are 1-4 seeds. Evene if the colts or texans are 8-8 the seed format is just that way.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may start hoping if Arizona beats the Bengals this week. Denver is totally beatable. Injuries are catching up to their defense and they really have no QB.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manning is hurt. I don't think that is going to hurt them. You can say what you want about Manning, but even the noodle armed shell of himself that he has become knows how to win games and make plays in the NFL. Most bad QB's are just consistently bad. Manning could still hit you for an easy gain and manage a game.

I really think the Bengals will end up around 11-5. Maybe 12-4. There are enough losses on their schedule and Dalton is still Dalton.

But the Steelers squandered too many games early, and I think 10-6 with the remaining schedule is going to be tough enough.

That said, I don't care about seeding. They aren't getting the #1 seed, probably aren't getting a bye, and there's no excuse for losing to any AFC team outside NE. No matter what, they are going to be playing NE on the road.

Best hope:
1. Ben gets healthy and returns to form. And no, he isn't there yet.
2. The Steelers get really super lucky with regards to NE. Either someone else knocking them off by chance (unlikely), or just the Steelers as a group play out of their minds for 60 minutes. Mike Tomlin sure as hell isn't out coaching Belichick.
3rivers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
Manning is hurt. I don't think that is going to hurt them. You can say what you want about Manning, but even the noodle armed shell of himself that he has become knows how to win games and make plays in the NFL. Most bad QB's are just consistently bad. Manning could still hit you for an easy gain and manage a game.

I really think the Bengals will end up around 11-5. Maybe 12-4. There are enough losses on their schedule and Dalton is still Dalton.

But the Steelers squandered too many games early, and I think 10-6 with the remaining schedule is going to be tough enough.

That said, I don't care about seeding. They aren't getting the #1 seed, probably aren't getting a bye, and there's no excuse for losing to any AFC team outside NE. No matter what, they are going to be playing NE on the road.

Best hope:
1. Ben gets healthy and returns to form. And no, he isn't there yet.
2. The Steelers get really super lucky with regards to NE. Either someone else knocking them off by chance (unlikely), or just the Steelers as a group play out of their minds for 60 minutes. Mike Tomlin sure as hell isn't out coaching Belichick.

No doubt tomlin can't out coach belecheck , but we have a score to settle with brady and co. If we keep improving , a rematch with the patriots will be a game. I still can't believe how Ben played with the injured foot last week, it is like nothing is going to stop him.

Injuries are playing a role in this years SB , and there will most likely be more on the way. Part of the game , and everyone has to deal with it. We lost our versatile RB (some consider him the best in the NFL), Pro bowl C (some consider him one of the best) and our consistent LT who has played well for us. Denver loses Ware and Manning. Pats lose their LT, RB and for now their WR. It might be who ever is the least injured when playoffs are taking place.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of the 2 seed....I seriously doubt it, but I honestly dont care. We seem to play better with our backs against the wall, anyway.

If we get a wildcard, chances are we play either at Indy/Houston, at Denver/KC and/or at Cincy in those first two playoff games.

Indy and Houston are pretty bad teams overall and will only be in the playoffs because its the worst division in football, maybe ever, and playing on the road might actually benefit us more because they are indoors. Andrew Luck having a big game is the only way Indy could beat us IMO...and honestly, his injuries may prevent him from being effective the rest of the season.

Denver and KC will be a bit tougher. Both have great defenses and are tough road games....but neither have an offense that should scare anyone. Osweiler/Manning in January doesnt scare me at all, though...and if Ben is healthy, I dont think KC can beat us unless their defense plays out of its mind, which isnt out of the question....but I like our chances against both.

The Bengals....look, I dont care what the record says, we are better than them. If Ben was healthy, I have no doubt we would be tied for first place right now. However, the Bengals lucked out, and while I respect what they have done, they arent a team that scares me. Their defense is effective, but not great, and Im still not sold on Dalton.

Bottom line....while it would be nice to have a home game, I really dont think it will make much of a difference. If we play at our highest level, I am confident we can beat any AFC playoff team except the Pats on the road. If we arent playing well or Ben is injured, I dont have much faith we can beat any of these teams, regardless of where we play them.

CKSteeler wrote:
Mike Tomlin sure as hell isn't out coaching Belichick.

Umm...what coaches can? Except for maybe Tom Coughlin?

onejayhawk foolishly wrote:
If BenRoth were a top 5 QB I might agree. He has never been that. I would put him a tier down, with say, Matt Ryan
LayTheWood56

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what is driving me nuts about the losses to Baltimore and Cincy and even to some certain extent, NE.

Baltimore- if we have a semi-competent kicker - WIN
Cincy - Ben doesn't throw stupid ill-advised, int late in game - WIN
NE - lack of red zone efficiency and stupid kicker - WIN.

I think the Cincy loss is going to end up costing us big time, because that was a chance at a division title and it was just lost.

I still like our chances against anyone, even NE.

Mad props to Uncle Buck on the sig!
Chieferific

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Losing Ben and the Bengals playing better than they are makes getting the #2 seed unlikely. If it had been one or the other I could see it but both combined makes it unobtainable imo.
In the end it may be more advantageous. Perhaps a 5th or 6th seed will give them that "US against the world" feeling. A dangerous proposition given this team's offensive prowess.

CKSteeler wrote:
That really long post I had was just random words strung together to make it look like a response. I didn't expect anyone would read it and catch me.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LayTheWood56 wrote:
This is what is driving me nuts about the losses to Baltimore and Cincy and even to some certain extent, NE.

Or....

Baltimore, Cincy & KC - If Ben is healthy - WIN
NE - If DHB keeps his foot in bounds on the TD and Scobee doesnt suck = MAYBE a win.

Quote:
I think the Cincy loss is going to end up costing us big time, because that was a chance at a division title and it was just lost.

Id like to win the division, but like I said, Im not really worried about going on the road.

And we are lucky to even be in the playoff hunt considering all the injuries. Confused

onejayhawk foolishly wrote:
If BenRoth were a top 5 QB I might agree. He has never been that. I would put him a tier down, with say, Matt Ryan
Steeler Hitman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
In terms of the 2 seed....I seriously doubt it, but I honestly don't care. We seem to play better with our backs against the wall, anyway.

Yes our history under Coach Tomlin seems to prove this. We consistently play up or down to our competition. This is either a blessed or cursed season for us. The amount of injuries and adversity would kill most teams, but somehow we are still hanging around. We have a pretty good team with more than a punchers chance against anyone with all of our bullets in the barrel so to speak.

If we get a wildcard, chances are we play either at Indy/Houston, at Denver/KC and/or at Cincy in those first two playoff games.

Indy and Houston are pretty bad teams overall and will only be in the playoffs because its the worst division in football, maybe ever, and playing on the road might actually benefit us more because they are indoors. Andrew Luck having a big game is the only way Indy could beat us IMO...and honestly, his injuries may prevent him from being effective the rest of the season.

I really don't care where we are seeded. Again history shows that it is one and done. Stats in the regular season, etc don't matter in January. You will see some disappointed regular season teams that end up 12-4, 13 -3 and maybe even 15- 1. We have been there before as well. It means nothing in January. I think that the Steelers have the potential to beat anyone if they play their best.

Denver and KC will be a bit tougher. Both have great defenses and are tough road games....but neither have an offense that should scare anyone. Osweiler/Manning in January doesn't scare me at all, though...and if Ben is healthy, I don't think KC can beat us unless their defense plays out of its mind, which isn't out of the question....but I like our chances against both.

I agree in philosophy, but you know that is hard to predict. It was like losing to Denver with Tebo at QB. I think if the game is in Pittsburgh and we have Ryan Clark, they win easily. However, you never really know. I still think that a Steelers team playing on all cylinders can beat anyone. It is time to play some complete games for 60 minutes.

The Bengals....look, I don't care what the record says, we are better than them. If Ben was healthy, I have no doubt we would be tied for first place right now. However, the Bengals lucked out, and while I respect what they have done, they aren't a team that scares me. Their defense is effective, but not great, and I'm still not sold on Dalton.

Agreed. Dalton has a lot to prove. no one cares what he does now. It is all about the play-offs. Again, no excuse, but a healthy Ben and that game is much different and pressure is on the Bengals. I still think they win the division and like 2005, we probably see them in the second round.

Bottom line....while it would be nice to have a home game, I really don't think it will make much of a difference. If we play at our highest level, I am confident we can beat any AFC playoff team except the Pats on the road.

Call me delusional, but I think and want to play the Pats. I honestly believe that we can beat them. I have nothing substantial to base this on, but my gut. I wouldn't want it any other way anyhow. Right now they are the best out there and I would love to do to them what they have done to us a few times.

If we aren't playing well or Ben is injured, I don't have much faith we can beat any of these teams, regardless of where we play them.

Unfortunately true. Again, you can't just replace your franchise QB. We certainly know this and I think Dallas fans would echo the same sentiments.

CKSteeler wrote:
Mike Tomlin sure as hell isn't out coaching Belichick.

Umm...what coaches can? Except for maybe Tom Coughlin?

It isn't just about Bellicheck. It is the entire Pats team mystic. You have to get to Brady as well. Adversity and lack of success will wear on your ego. You can see it on Brady's face when things don't go well. Unfortunately, we have never messed up Tom's hair and got in his face. Bottom line is wins make you smart. Bellicheck wasn't so brilliant in Cleveland when he was losing. Again, the Pats have earned what they have and are the class of the league. PERIOD! You wan a Super Bowl ring and trophy? You will have to beat them And that's the way it should be! Right now, they are the best!

Thanks for the Sig CalhounLambeau!
LayTheWood56

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
LayTheWood56 wrote:

Or....

NE - If DHB keeps his foot in bounds on the TD and Scobee doesnt suck = MAYBE a win.

Quote:

Id like to win the division, but like I said, Im not really worried about going on the road.

And we are lucky to even be in the playoff hunt considering all the injuries. Confused

Yup, you can look at it that way as well.

Injuries have derailed what could have been an historic offensive season. i truly believe this team had the potential to rival the best offenses of all time. 2007 Pats, The best show on turf Rams.

Mad props to Uncle Buck on the sig!
3rivers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
LayTheWood56 wrote:

Or....

Quote:

NE game was the one that we most likely "shouldn't" have won. New DC, players missing assignments and just needing time to adjust to Butlers scheme. Pats typically start off really strong, where as we usually finish strong. Oops, might as well mention we didn't have Bell or Bryant and Dwill was probably getting used to the new OL and scheme as well.

I hope we play the Pats, we have some unfinished business to take care of. No more injuries to either team (Pats also have lost LT and RB - mirror image of us ) and see what happens. If our OL stays intact (no need for pouncey) and Ben gets healthy (whatever that is) I don't think a team can stop us. I look forward to the challenges, LOB might have their way because Ben might still have rust and if he has to stay shotgun then that is a loss most likely. I am looking forward to the LOB , still formidable on D and at home, should be the toughest challenge.

Might be Jax, bungles then Pats then SB

Maybe face carolina and our former panthers will make the difference Shocked Mitchell has been a destroyer out there, might get some probowl votes if that even matters (don't plan on playing pro bowl)
wwhickok

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beating Baltimore the 2nd time around just became easier. Without Flacco & Forsett, I expect their offense to be very conservative. Forsett gave us some trouble in our first meeting,

Everyone on our schedule is beatable, it requires Ben to stay healthy and our D to be great. I gotta be honest, our D worries me, if there is a place we falter, it's going to be in the secondary.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: