Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brady Out for Opener!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MDSteeler1971

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:06 am    Post subject: Brady Out for Opener! Reply with quote

Anybody know anything about Jimmy Garoppolo? All I know is is that he was the Walter Payton Award winner out of Eastern Illinois.
xLeBron

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Brady Out for Opener! Reply with quote

MDSteeler1971 wrote:
Anybody know anything about Jimmy Garoppolo? All I know is is that he was the Walter Payton Award winner out of Eastern Illinois.

I know that Garoppolo hasn't shredded our secondary for years like SOMEBODY else....

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldve preferred to play Brady, even if he did shred us.

The Pats are the standard....they set the bar...if we cant beat them at their best, we can never truly be the best.

Then again, we had no shot at being the best this year anyway....so I guess Ill take it.

However, if the Bucs and Jets could beat us last year, the Patriots can still beat us even with Garroppolo if we do that thing where we only show up for like one quarter of the game.

pnies20 wrote:
I know I'm one of the biggest trolls on here, but dont call me on it. I can dish it but cant take it.
BenderRodriguez

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not a given the suspension would not be completely overturned. How would you feel, if you were a Colts fan. When they play the Pats, they are going to get destroyed.

^Me, Bender

Checkout my updated sig gallery, if you like one take it. Just give credit.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=558525&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
warfelg

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the nice part:
New DC, New Secondary, New pass rush. And they don't have to face the best QB or the starting running back and they lost their main pass catching back.

The bad part:
This would have been a nice first test for all the new parts and Butlers at calling abilities.

But in the end I won't complain or say it's not a "real win". In the NFL a win is a win. It makes me feel better that while down one of our best playmakers, so are they. Kinda levee the playing field a bit. I just hope we can be in an opportunistic with a team in so much turmoil.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:

I'll be happy with the increased chances of a win, regardless of whatever circumstances surround it, outside of a life-threatening tragedy or our own team cheating.

Bobikus 5/1/2015 wrote:

Geno's hitting 30 TDs this year, it's gonna happen.
warfelg

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I'll be happy with the increased chances of a win, regardless of whatever circumstances surround it, outside of a life-threatening tragedy or our own team cheating.

Sort of my bottom line. In the end they don't say why you beat a team. Only that you did win.
SteelersFanMD

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Brady (once referred to as "Shady Brady") is not only suspended for the opener against Pittsburgh, but the next three games as well. He is eligible to return to the Patriots starting lineup for week 5.

The fact that he is out for the opener against the Steelers may just work to Pittsburgh's advantage. Whoever starts the first four games Brady is suspended for is going to have to memorize the playbook and if he is so much as a second off in timing, the Patriots are going to be in serious trouble for those four games.
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he sues the NFL over the penalty, there is a very good chance he will play in the 1st game. Not because he will win but because he could get the penalty suspended until he has a hearing.

I would not be surprised if he got the penalty reduced to 2 games from appeal or if they let it stand.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
If he sues the NFL over the penalty, there is a very good chance he will play in the 1st game. Not because he will win but because he could get the penalty suspended until he has a hearing.

I would not be surprised if he got the penalty reduced to 2 games from appeal or if they let it stand.

Both those scenarios are possible. I bet it's reduced to 2.

Anyone who thinks Garappalo playing means an easy win is being a homer and not paying attention to who this team is and who the Pats are.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
BenderRodriguez

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Anyone who thinks Garappalo playing means an easy win is being a homer and not paying attention to who this team is and who the Pats are.

Exactly, expect a fight.

^Me, Bender

Checkout my updated sig gallery, if you like one take it. Just give credit.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=558525&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenderRodriguez wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Exactly, expect a fight.

I expect them to blow out the Steelers. Tomlin always has the team so well prepared to play on the opening games. Embarassed

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Exactly, expect a fight.

I expect them to blow out the Steelers. Tomlin always has the team so well prepared to play on the opening games. Embarassed

Yep. Terrible 5-3 record... 2 losses coming to the teams that lost the AFCCG. Terrible.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
jebrick wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Exactly, expect a fight.

Yep. Terrible 5-3 record... 2 losses coming to the teams that lost the AFCCG. Terrible.

Well, the last 4 years or so, you could argue they have been unprepared.

2011: Ravens didnt beat us, they humiliated us. We looked like a JV team that day.

2012: IIRC, this game at Denver was close until the end until Ben threw a pick 6.

2013: Laughable. Close game but we looked like a joke

2014: We may as well not have shown up in the 2nd half.

Bottom line....I dont think it has anything to do with it being opening day since we have had games like that at various points in the season, but I do think coaching and preparedness have something to do with it.

pnies20 wrote:
I know I'm one of the biggest trolls on here, but dont call me on it. I can dish it but cant take it.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
jebrick wrote:
BenderRodriguez wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
jebrick wrote:

Exactly, expect a fight.

Well, the last 4 years or so, you could argue they have been unprepared.

2011: Ravens didnt beat us, they humiliated us. We looked like a JV team that day.

2012: IIRC, this game at Denver was close until the end until Ben threw a pick 6.

2013: Laughable. Close game but we looked like a joke

2014: We may as well not have shown up in the 2nd half.

Bottom line....I dont think it has anything to do with it being opening day since we have had games like that at various points in the season, but I do think coaching and preparedness have something to do with it.

True points all around..... but those were great years for Baltimore and Denver. And the start of our decline defensively. Idk what happened week 1 against Tennessee... That was awful.

And last year... So we were unprepared for Cleveland because of the 2nd half when we seemed very prepared in the 1st half? So which was it? And again showed how bad our D really was.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: