Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Flowers anyone?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwalker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Brandon Flowers anyone? Reply with quote

Just released from KC...
BenderRodriguez

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Steelers type of move, they already made a free agent splash. Probably looking for too much.

vikingsvikings wrote:
I've never been a big fan of Lacy. He needs to improve a lot, otherwise he'll remain a fairly average back.
Liar
SlevinKelevra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe if we hadn't already whittled away all our cap space.

too bad.
Sad

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if we got a great deal since we still have to extend our own (Worilds, Allen, and Ben).
CKSteeler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Steelers could have the shortest secondary in NFL history with Flowers. I'm excited by that proposition. Run to the phone like you do on draft day, Colbert!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CKSteeler wrote:
The Steelers could have the shortest secondary in NFL history with Flowers. I'm excited by that proposition. Run to the phone like you do on draft day, Colbert!

What are you willing to spend?
3rivers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Brandon Flowers anyone? Reply with quote

mwalker wrote:
Just released from KC...

no cap left and we need to sign Harrison sooner or later. I wouldn't have problem with a proven CB to replace taylor who proved last year he is no starter. Flowers also knows how to catch, but I am not sure if this team even cares about that.

If the FO signs Ben to a few more years and free's up cap space, then the flowers signing might be possible. What would flowers agent command as far as years/$M?
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Pouncey signing actually freed up Cap Space. I don't think it will happen but that signing isn't the reason (at least not immediately).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
The Pouncey signing actually freed up Cap Space. I don't think it will happen but that signing isn't the reason (at least not immediately).

How did the pouncey signing free up cap space? His new cap value (5M range) is higher than his previous cap value (1.4M range) The numbers I mentioned were recollected from the web somewhere, I just hope it wasn't Ian rappoport. Signing Ben to a new deal will free up space though . Idea We have to keep some cap space to sign players mid season if a starter goes down or just fails (not hinting am I?)

How would flowers fit into this scheme anyways? The team is high on the youth, 3 cb's right there, then the 3 vets that are going to make the team.
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
Chieferific wrote:

How did the pouncey signing free up cap space? His new cap value (5M range) is higher than his previous cap value (1.4M range) The numbers I mentioned were recollected from the web somewhere, I just hope it wasn't Ian rappoport. Signing Ben to a new deal will free up space though . Idea We have to keep some cap space to sign players mid season if a starter goes down or just fails (not hinting am I?)

How would flowers fit into this scheme anyways? The team is high on the youth, 3 cb's right there, then the 3 vets that are going to make the team.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/06/breakdown-contract-numbers-steelers-c-maurkice-pouncey/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers+Depot+Blog%29
And
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/06/four-maurkice-pouncey-contract-details-talked-enough/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be thrilled to have Flowers, I doubt we even look at him but if we did sign him, there's no way it hurts us. We severely lack quality/proven depth at the CB position.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't be worse than Willie Gay
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MightyJoeYoung

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Erm... yes he can. Quite easily

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
BenderRodriguez

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

You mean the Steelers best statistical cornerback last year? Yeah toss that bum outa tawn!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/05/pff-names-steelers-cb-william-gay-secret-superstar-play-2013/

snippet from article Gay had a 72.9 passer rating against

Quote:

So who was the problem in the secondary?

1. Taylor
2. Clark
3. Allen
4. Polamalu being asked to play LB/S and not a safety role
5. Lack of pressure

6. William Gay

I know man, brain fart we all have them Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

vikingsvikings wrote:
I've never been a big fan of Lacy. He needs to improve a lot, otherwise he'll remain a fairly average back.
Liar

Last edited by BenderRodriguez on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenderRodriguez wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

You mean the Steelers best statistical cornerback last year? Yeah toss that bum outa tawn!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2014/05/pff-names-steelers-cb-william-gay-secret-superstar-play-2013/

did he play well or was everyone else just that bad? I know taylor was not having a good season , but what about the rest?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: