You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers forum introduction thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome guys. Smile

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
SteelersFanMD

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
the canuck

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How goes it eh....
_Tryark_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long time fan and Pittsburgh resident :)
stillersenat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard _Tryark_ and the canuck.
_Tryark_

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stillersenat wrote:
Welcome aboard _Tryark_ and the canuck.

Thank You :)
snoopydawg44us

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE WE GO Tryark! Let's Go Steelers!
Munich_Steeler

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings got Böhringer, you folks got me. Wink

I've been following this board for a few years now, but i was always a silent reader in the background - i want to change that now.

Short info about me:

I'm 26 years old and started following the Steelers ca. 15 years ago when a few of their games were on TV. My only live game so far has been the London Game against the Vikes, but i might be able to come over for the Giants game. I'm studying a Masters in Exercise Physiology while working with Bayern Munichs Juniors and a Munich based American Football Team as an Athletic Trainer - all while also playing Safety for another team. I'm also in the pre-production of my Podcast, in which i interview folks from the Business about their way into the profession and certain topics about their daily work. So times are busy, but it's fun.

I hope i can contribute a bit to your board and i'm looking forward to chat with you folks!

A Bavarian "Servus",

Nico
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you could join us Nico. Smile

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the board Nico. It's clear you keep busy. You mentioned attending the London game. Do you have any thoughts related to the NFL's attempt to bring the game East? Is it viable?
Munich_Steeler

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Chieferific wrote:
Welcome to the board Nico. It's clear you keep busy. You mentioned attending the London game. Do you have any thoughts related to the NFL's attempt to bring the game East? Is it viable?

Well, it depends a lot on the countries and the "infrastructure" for the game. When i started university in 2010 there were very few people into Football and the Games were hidden behind a double paywall (You needed a certain cable provider and then had to book it's American Sports Package, which was the only package not included, besides russian channels and so on). So i can only talk for Germany:

But times are changing here in Germany. Last year one of the big free tv networks got the rights to televise a 7pm (1pm) and 22:20 (4:20pm for you) game a week + Playoffs and even the Draft. They've got the biggest numbers in the 15-45 demographic of all channel now on Sundays. This leads to German Football Clubs growing as well, since so many people now want to play it themselves. We're now above the active players numbers from NFL Europe times.

A good example is that in 2010, i had only one guy in University with whom i could talk about sundays games. This year, on the other hand, everyone (no matter if guys or girls) talks about Football, even the folks at Bayern. So it's definetly growing in Germany. But there is still a long way to go, especially behind soccer. Icehockey and Basketball are losing free TV time because of new Pay Per View Deals, so that might be an advantage. We have a Runningback from Arizona State on our Roster and when we told him that we've got an attendance of 800 per game, he was more or less shocked. Also, most players over here don't get a single penny from their clubs.

Our Headcoach was in Italy last year and in Norway two years ago. He said that Italy is way behind, while the guys in Norway love it, but still prefer their winter sports stuff.

Speaking of the London games:

Besides all the Marketing and so on, you should always take into account that THIS is our chance to see the games more easily - like my visit for the Steelers Game. A trip to the US, with Tickets, Hotel and so on is at least 1.500 Dollars. A flight to London in the morning and home in the evening with a discount airline and upper level tickets is around 100 Dollars. So it's a chance to see your team, games in general and have the chance to meet fans that embrace the game as much as you do. So everyone loves it and the Atmosphere there is absolutely amazing. Even if it's Jaguars against Bills, the people are just happy to see the speed of a pro game, actually watch their sports in a stadium full of people (and not just 800) and get to have a few beers with new friends their.
I might check out the Jaguars game this year as well, as i'm going to be at London anyway on that weekend.
Irish 11

Most Valuable Poster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoi. Most of the oldheads around here know me, but I figured I'd introduce myself again since due a crappy job situation, I plan on posting quite a bit during the Steelers run to #7 this year.

I was this forum's mod for a couple of years a bunch of years ago and I love NFL history. I'm a teacher and high school football coach (or was up until this year) and live in Oregon. Looking forward to a great year.
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irish 11 wrote:
Yoi. Most of the oldheads around here know me, but I figured I'd introduce myself again since due a crappy job situation, I plan on posting quite a bit during the Steelers run to #7 this year.

I was this forum's mod for a couple of years a bunch of years ago and I love NFL history. I'm a teacher and high school football coach (or was up until this year) and live in Oregon. Looking forward to a great year.

Welcome back, Irish.

Deadpulse on the sig
stillersenat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irish 11 wrote:

Well...is the ATD coming back?
AZSTEELER16

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found this place after KFFL was suddenly shut down, bummer, didn't give anyone a chance to coordinate to another site. This one looks awesome and looking forward to talking about the boys.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39

Jump to: