Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steelers forum introduction thread...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
warfelg


Joined: 12 Jan 2014
Posts: 376
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Greg

Age: 29

Location: State College

School (If applicable): Penn State

Major: Geography/Sports Management

Nicknames:

Job(s): Assistant Golf Pro/Professor

Favorite Pastimes: Football, Lacrosse, golf

Favorite Food: Chicken

Favorite Movie(s): Pitch Perfect

Favorite Female: Anna Kendrick

Favorite type of music: Jam Band...like DMB, Jack Johnson, Phillip Phillips

Favorite Pittsburgh Steeler(s): Polamalu, Miller, Ben

Goal(s) in life: Find a NFL forum where people can talk without being an [inappropriate/removed] hat.....came from another one where it was a bad experience near the end.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11191
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

warfelg wrote:
Name: Greg

Age: 29

Location: State College

School (If applicable): Penn State

Major: Geography/Sports Management

Nicknames:

Job(s): Assistant Golf Pro/Professor

Favorite Pastimes: Football, Lacrosse, golf

Favorite Food: Chicken

Favorite Movie(s): Pitch Perfect

Favorite Female: Anna Kendrick

Favorite type of music: Jam Band...like DMB, Jack Johnson, Phillip Phillips

Favorite Pittsburgh Steeler(s): Polamalu, Miller, Ben

Goal(s) in life: Find a NFL forum where people can talk without being an [inappropriate/removed] hat.....came from another one where it was a bad experience near the end.


We keep things fairly strict about personal attacks (although people each have their own definition of "personal attacks"), but without going overboard.
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SMashMouthMike


Joined: 01 Dec 2005
Posts: 4777
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MODS -

Where in the world is 43mafia? Did he get suspended or is he hurt or what?
_________________

Thanks Lyasr 529
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25107
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMashMouthMike wrote:
MODS -

Where in the world is 43mafia? Did he get suspended or is he hurt or what?



He's on a 1 month Time-Out.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SMashMouthMike


Joined: 01 Dec 2005
Posts: 4777
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you sir.
_________________

Thanks Lyasr 529
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TpeSteel


Joined: 10 Aug 2014
Posts: 30
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been reading for a bit, but, haven't posted much at all.

Name: Michael

Age: Much older than most of you here! (My first Steelers game was in 1968 at old Pitt Stadium)

Location: Asia for the past 30 years, but, grew up in Pittsburgh

School: University of Pittsburgh

Job(s): Attorney

Favorite Pastimes: Travel and working out

Sports level of competition reached: Played some football in high school

Favorite Food: Too many to pick just one!

Favorite Movie(s): Many

Favorite Female: Besides my wife, Hsu Chi (aka Xu Qi, aka Shu Qi, aka 林立慧 (she was in The Transporter)

Favorite type of music: Classic rock

Favorite Pittsburgh Steeler(s): Most of the 70s players

Goal(s) in life: Retire and return to Pittsburgh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11191
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard TpeSteel.
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25107
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!!!! Someone older than me!!!!!!!

Welcome Tpe!!!

We share the same Goal. I will be retiring in a year from 20 years in then military and returning to Pittsburgh.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TpeSteel


Joined: 10 Aug 2014
Posts: 30
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the welcome, Gentlemen!

And JD, many thanks for your service. My boy is looking into the Navy after grad school. My Pop was USAF. Many of my unclues were USMC and Army, as were several of my cousins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JDLefebvre


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 25107
Location: Midway PA /Clovis NM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TpeSteel wrote:
And JD, many thanks for your service. My boy is looking into the Navy after grad school. My Pop was USAF. Many of my unclues were USMC and Army, as were several of my cousins.


Thank you Tpe. Thank your family for their service as well. What does your son hope to do in the Navy? I've worked closely with a lot of officers in maintenance, engineers, analysts, a lot of AF Academy grads, and a lot of pilots. I'm trying to get my son to enlist in the Navy or Air Force.
_________________
Stay low boys.... keep those feet moving!


thanks El ramster

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wwhickok


Joined: 27 Nov 2012
Posts: 14187
Location: Montgomery, PA aka Steeler Nation!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
TpeSteel wrote:
And JD, many thanks for your service. My boy is looking into the Navy after grad school. My Pop was USAF. Many of my unclues were USMC and Army, as were several of my cousins.


Thank you Tpe. Thank your family for their service as well. What does your son hope to do in the Navy? I've worked closely with a lot of officers in maintenance, engineers, analysts, a lot of AF Academy grads, and a lot of pilots. I'm trying to get my son to enlist in the Navy or Air Force.


Thanks to both of you Smile I think it takes strong people (I'm not talking physically) to be in the military; I can't say that I qualify (and I would know); I have the utmost respect for those that do. I've got a few family members currently enlisted in the Army & Air force and my father was in the Navy; It's just not something I've ever felt drawn to do but like I said, i think it takes a very internally strong person to take that step. So many people have and so many people will continue to do so and my hat is off to all of them. All of you and All of them are the true definition of courage Very Happy
_________________


Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TRJ-Steelersfan


Joined: 08 Sep 2014
Posts: 6
Location: Shamokin, PA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Todd
Age: 45
Location: Shamokin, PA
School: Selinsgrove Area High School
Job(s): Retired State Corrections Lieutenant
Favorite Pastimes: Shooting
Favorite Food: Anything Italian
Favorite Movie(s): Crimson Tide, Tombstone, Real Steel
Favorite Female: Anitra Mecadon (Host of Mega Dens)
Favorite type of music: 80s
Favorite Pittsburgh Steeler(s): Jerome Bettis, Big Ben, Hines Ward, Mel Blount, Jack Lambert
Goal(s) in life: Raise successful family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stillersenat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 11191
Location: In over my head.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, TRJ-Steelersfan.
_________________


CaptainParker wrote:

Bubby outplayed Elway in everything....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37
Page 37 of 37

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group