Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys Vs Redskins what fun this has been.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who do you HATE more? All Time not just now.
Cowboys
72%
 72%  [ 13 ]
Eagles
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

manster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Cowboys Vs Redskins what fun this has been. Reply with quote

Our two teams are not where we want them right now, both with picks early in the draft, but we have both had some great teams in the path and while our owners get more involved in player selections and signings at least we have owners that want to win not about making money.

As a Dallas fan there have alot of great games and plays that stand out in my mind that I will never forgett. A lot of those times have been against the Redskins so I wanted to know what were some of yours that came against the Cowboys.

Just think what it would be like with out one another?
DC4LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep great times....

remeber all the times we beat the DEADskins
lol

Playing the DEADskins is like 2 free wins year after year Very Happy
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt be tlaking at least we arent cowgirls how many cows have you milked so far son
Dcowboy31

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh snap what a comeback. i pissed my pants.

lol
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While his comeback sucked, at least he made an effort to come up with something original. You moronic Cowboys fans continue to come in here and pull out your "Oh we've won most of the recent games" shtick and act like you are clever about it. It gets a little tiring pointing out over and over again that your team is old, far less talented than ours, and your coach will be gone in 2 years max when he finds out that YET ANOTHER old QB will fail to get him to the playoffs. My money is on Kurt Warner for Cowboys QB 2006, but it's so early, who knows. Maybe he can bring back Roger Staubach. Please understand that you just aren't the first uber-witty Cowboys fan to come in this forum and try to flame us. Think of something new, and dare I say it, intelligent?

And to answer the question, I hate the Cowboys much more, as does any Redskins fan who has been around more than 5 years or so. It's the best rivalry in football and at least top 5 in all of American sports.
avbanig

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fact is the cowboys redskins game every year is almost as big as the superbowl...and its been that way for 35 to 40 years...You know ever since they crated that team there in Dallas.

its one of the greatest rivalries in sports like someone pointed out, I have to admit as a redskins fan its been very disapointing the last 10 years...but I feel soon enough we are going to start winning every game..

Why you ask, because these things go in cycles, in the 70's we were about even with each other, the 80's we kicked the cowboy's buts and then in the 90's and throughout half 00's they've handed it to us...

Now with they way Parcells is just loading up this team with guy's past their prime, we could expect to start beating you guys twice a year in about 2 years once our young QB develops just a little more, and guys like Portis, Moss and Cooley fully develop into pro bowlers.

What were we a play away last year...the end of cowboy's reign is coming I can feel it in the air.
manster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey some of you are missing the point of the thread it is not to bash one another. I wanted to know what were some of the games and play and times that the redskins fans looked backed at.

Example here are some COwboys times:

Cowboys coming back from 21 points and forced overtime and then won it on a bomb to Rocket.

I think it was Emmitt's Rookie year and the Skins and Boys were playing on Turkey Day. Emmitt broke off a long run and the TV guy was saying "He will never beat Green, he will never beat Green." Then Emmitt does a move and Green was on the ground.
redskins4life

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the time of Landry and Tony Dorsette. Cowboys and Skins had some awesome games back then. Hey, even though both teams suck lately, I still love them battling on the field. I never miss a Skins & Cowboys game.

In fact, a best friend of mine is a cowboys' fan, and I seem to owe him too many drinks on lost bets. One year, he even got so bold that he would let me take his girl if the Skins win. Oh, how frustrating the Skins had been for me, you can't imagine. This year is different though because the Skins goin to win both games and I'm going to take his hot girlfriend. It's about time she leaves him anyway because she wants me, too. Go Skins!
sootedpair

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manster wrote:
Hey some of you are missing the point of the thread it is not to bash one another. I wanted to know what were some of the games and play and times that the redskins fans looked backed at.

Example here are some COwboys times:

Cowboys coming back from 21 points and forced overtime and then won it on a bomb to Rocket.

I think it was Emmitt's Rookie year and the Skins and Boys were playing on Turkey Day. Emmitt broke off a long run and the TV guy was saying "He will never beat Green, he will never beat Green." Then Emmitt does a move and Green was on the ground.

I remember that game and I remember that I feared that Rocket would burn us somehow. The guy hadn't done much all year, but for whatever reason, I was concerned. That's one thing with the Skins over the past decade, you can never think that they've got a game in the bag. Arizone did that to us one year and beat us in OT. Boomer Esiason threw for over 500 yards that game. A friend called me with a couple minutes to go in regulation and was talking about how the Skins looked so good and we had the game locked. I told him that the game wasn't over, and sure enough they came back, sent it to OT, and beat us. I won't say that the Skins haven't done that to other teams in the past, but we've definitely been on the receiving end lately. Like just last year when Vinnie through that TD at the end of the game. The Skins were killing him on that drive and for whatever reason, they took the pressure off and gave him time to throw that TD pass. I was screaming at the TV (in a bar). We need to get those games back in our favor over the next couple years.

Anyway, as to the original topic. I hate the Cowboys as a team. I always want to beat them and it always makes me sick when we lose to them. I can't stand the Philly fans though. They are the drunkest dumbest morons I've ever seen. And I'm a drinker and a Skins fanatic, but those clowns take the cake when it comes to low class and stupidity. Not all of them, but almost all of them.
StarStillWining

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Im cowboy fan but I have some friend who are Redskin fans and they have some class but those Seagulls Fan have no class. They wanna fight when they lose and wanna fight when they win.
TKellion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably my favorite Redskins vs Cowbows game Im sad to say the Redskins lost.But watching Riggins go around end not once but twice for 60 plus yard touchdowns then to have to watch Staubach bring them back,it was an awsome game and will take alot to top it
sifillest

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a shame to admit it....but wed be so mad if we didnt have this rivalry....alot of both of our teams best games have been played between skins and boys....and the fact that parcells coaches us now and gibbs came back intensifies it even more....goddamn i love football

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: