You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bulger Calls out Teammates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Bulger Calls out Teammates Reply with quote

Quote:
ST. LOUIS (AP) -- The normally soft-spoken Marc Bulger had to speak up: St. Louis had just lost to the Arizona Cardinals at home, and the Rams' mistakes Sunday made it obvious to the quarterback that some of his teammates are no longer committed.

"I know there's some guys in here who don't care," Bulger said after a 34-20 loss to Arizona that touched off a flurry of finger-pointing Sunday.

Prized by his coaches for his calm demeanor, the quarterback kept his voice down and didn't single out anyone after the Rams (5-7) were whistled for a season-high 126 yards in penalties. What eats at Bulger, he said, is the repeated mistakes throughout the season.

"There's more than one guy in this locker room that could care less that we're losing, or thinks it's OK to make mistakes," he said. "When we get embarrassed and you think it's OK and keep making the same mistakes, it's not OK."

Link

I think that this is a good thing for the Rams. Someone needs to step up and speak up.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that Bulger didn't single anyone out. Good for him to speak up. Dosen't really matter since our season is over anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its richie incognito and alex barron, bulger talks about how its players on offense, talks about how the leaders jackson, holt and bruce would agree with him and says the guy can blame it on youth but when he continues to do it..........barron and incognito are always getting dumb penalties.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - things needed to be said and as the leader of this team its
Bulgers place to say them.
sackmaster91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holt_bruce81 wrote:
i think its richie incognito and alex barron, bulger talks about how its players on offense, talks about how the leaders jackson, holt and bruce would agree with him and says the guy can blame it on youth but when he continues to do it..........barron and incognito are always getting dumb penalties.

I also think that is who he is talking about. These two guys have cost us games, especially incognito, but he is a good player when he doesn't make stupid plays, but Barron is average at best. Too bad we didn't get J. Brown in the draft because he is a phenominal player over in NO. We have a whole lot of issues right now pretty much everywhere on our team besides our offensive skill positions. We just need to start signing the best players instead of average ones in the offseason. Don't get me wrong, I think that Witherspoon is a good player, but the others we signed are all average guys that don't really make much of an impact. We need impact players, strong players, and now, players that give a ish
titan52490

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sackmaster91 wrote:
but Barron is average at best.

Barron is an Excellent Pass blocker and a Top 10 Right Tackle in the league.

He just makes alot of mistakes, but he is a very good player.

Todd Gurley wrote:
Whats the point of being a running back if you can't break a tackle?
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan52490 wrote:

I'm not as high on Barron as you are. I don't like the guy very much and I wish we would have gotten Jammal Brown instead. Looking back at that draft though, there weren't really any great players drafted behing Barron, so we did make a good pick.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we've seen Barron step up to the challenge when he has come against top defensive ends. Yet it just seems to me like there is an aspect of laziness or lack of passion that holds him back from playing like that every week, every snap. Lets just hope Bulgers words incite some change in his attitude, and the attitudes of the others Bulger was talking about.
titan52490

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
titan52490 wrote:

I'm not as high on Barron as you are. I don't like the guy very much and I wish we would have gotten Jammal Brown instead. Looking back at that draft though, there weren't really any great players drafted behing Barron, so we did make a good pick.

Barron Makes his sare of mistakes, more than his share. But he is a very good player. Average to Above average LB, and an Excellent pass blocker. He just has alot of brain Farts

Todd Gurley wrote:
Whats the point of being a running back if you can't break a tackle?
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Barron has gotten eaten up to the outside sometimes this year. Other times, he has looked really good.

Penalties will go away after this year. I think Barron will work hard in the off-season to fix that about him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
Yeah, Barron has gotten eaten up to the outside sometimes this year. Other times, he has looked really good.

Penalties will go away after this year. I think Barron will work hard in the off-season to fix that about him.

Unless of course he is the lazy bum that Bulger was talking about Mad

Or.. because Bulger didn't want to single out any players... Maybe he was just talking about the whole Defense. I don't think it's that they don't try, it's just that they suck.
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what ive seen, barron could easily be top 10 tackle...IF he didnt make those stupid mistakes!

Props to Kempes on the sig.
Halradio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing to remember about Incognito and Barron is they are young players.

This is the first year for both being in the starting line up from the get go.

Plus not only is Incognito essentially taking the field for the first time (last year he was on IR), he is playing out of position.

This doesn't excuse all the mistakes; however, youth and in-experience are certainly factors.
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sackmaster91 wrote:
keepnitgangsta1 wrote:

Unless of course he is the lazy bum that Bulger was talking about Mad

Or.. because Bulger didn't want to single out any players... Maybe he was just talking about the whole Defense. I don't think it's that they don't try, it's just that they suck.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Barron will get a wake-up call and work extra hard to improve himself and get the approval from his team back.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulger should not be calling anyone out at all, he needs to check himself first, he hasnt been quite the same this year sence the begining. he is throwing bad passes, not usung his TE and getting sacked instead, he has thrown the wrong route many time and it has been quite obvious. He just hasnt been the same this year and looks like his head is just somewhere else. Im not saying there isnt other blame to go arround (there is) but maybe all the false starts are Barrons fault, its not just him our whole line leads the league, maybe its a miscominication between the line and Bulger. Plus if he is really calling out his line, thats not really a good idea those are the guys who protect him there is nothing wrong with going to them bbut to tell the media and not them is just wrong, and if he is really going to call someone out be a man and do it dont hide behind your words and say "im not gana nme names" because thats just being a wuss and that isnt much of a veteran leader if you ask me. So maybe its bulger thats the problem this year maybe he cant grasp this system or he just doesnt want to be here anymore im not really sure all i kno is that with Incognito/barron/tarrell/senterstrom/pace for next year our like is going to be dominant

(PS the line isnt the problem its the Front Office and the players they bring in Linihan said he cant coach these guys or win with them)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: