You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins Mock Draft!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e16bball

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure every team would LIKE to have 4 CBs who can play, but I can't think of one team off the top of my head that has 4 guaranteed solid CBs. A few teams have talented young guys who provide good depth down to 4 (Eagles, Pats maybe, Panthers maybe) but very few have 4 top guys. Those 4th guys are only for providing depth anyway, especially on a team with good backup cover safeties like Lott who can step in and play easily in dime sets.

And as to the need for two shut-down CBs in the NFC East, that is laughable at best. Each team in this division has perhaps one good receiver, and that includes Keyshawn and Burress as good receivers, which is a stretch. TO is the only WR on any of the teams who scares any CB. In fact, I think the NFC East is easily the weakest division in the league for WRs, even with TO.

With that said, I do see the need for a CB in this draft. Neither Springs nor Harris has a whole lot left in the tank, and I'm not fully sure our young backups are talented enough to become starters. All the same, I think I would prefer to take a smart CB like Foxworth in the 3rd. He is a nice pick because he is highly physically gifted as well. He could be a real steal. We could then definitely focus on taking a WR or Merriman in the first.
avbanig

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with everything you wrote..

I mean if you look at Foxworth's body of work throughout college and how well he graded in the combine and the individual workout, and then put him up against Adam "Pac-Man" Jones I'd say he's right there with him..

And guys like Marlin Jackson, Bartrell, Green from Vtech, amongst others would easily be 1st round picks in other years if this wasn't such a deep CB draft.

There are alot of good players in this draft. I mean I want Merriman or Williams, but on the other hand if we trade down like 10 spots we could get a couple of more draft picks and get some good players out of it.
avbanig

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no team has 4 good corners anymore, I think the last team to have that was the redskins a couple of years ago...and it was a waste of $ because we never really used all 4 of them, and we had holes in otehr positions on our team.

phily has 2 good Corners, and then some average guys like Reid and Wynn

Pats come close, with Starks, Samuel, Gay, Ike Charltan from VTech, Poole and Wilson...wow they do have alot of guys back there.
I wouldn't say any of the are pro bowlers but all solid players.

I gues the steelers have good ones, and if the dophins keep them in tact they do also with Madison, Surtain and Fletcher

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: