You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins Mock Draft!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avbanig

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Redskins Mock Draft! Reply with quote

1) Shawne Merriman, 6-4 275 lbs, he isn't undersized as most people think he's a good size for a DE, remeinds me of Peppers when he came out he's a little raw but has as much athelic ablitity as DB's and WR's

3) JR Russell, 6-3 215lbs, he's inconsistent sometimes, but he's big fast and does make good catches he will have time to grow and become our leading WR with Jaccobs in a year or 2.

3) Trade with Gardner.. Dominque Foxworth 5-9 180lbs, he's quick and smart, he may be alittle undersized but he had a great workout and I think he can be as good as Smoot, i think if the Corner position wasn't so deep this year he's be a second round pick, but this year he drops to #4

4) Adrian McPherson, 6-4 225lbs, what can I say I think we have a posbility of loosing Hasselback, and hopefully we only have to hold on to brunell for another yeat maybe 2, and then he can be a backup to Ramsey, possibly even start...He could even be a WR, or play special teams with all that ablity he has

6) Jason Brown, C, we still could use a young cernter I don't know if hell still be around but we need to take a back up guard and center with our last 2 picks in the draft

7) best avaibalbe O lineman
TrueRedskin05

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think he is beter than ramsey adrein i think we could play him at WR he is tall and has good hands
avbanig

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I don't know if he's better than Ramsey yet but i'd say after next season if Ramsey doesn't lead us to the playoffs it'd be nice to have a guy like McPherson to go to....

He' make one heck of a WR next year int he red zone too..
thefleckster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McPherson is project to go in the 3rd round. Good luck though. Oh ya. Who are your cornerbacks? No more Baily. No More Smoot. And you want to Draft Merriman? You need either Antrel Rolle or Adam Jones. Its not about taking the best player available. Its about filling team need. And the Skins need a cornerback badly.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have Springs at CB. Smoot was our #2 for all intents and purposes. We don't need to use a high pick on a CB. We don't need two great CBs because the receivers in our division don't call for it. We need a pass rusher and a weapon for the red zone. We'll be fine with Walt Harris, Garnell Wilds, Ade Jimoh, and whoever we take in a later round.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those picks are pretty good avbanig. I wouldn't mind taking Larry Brackens instead of JR Russell. I also think Ronald Bartell might be a better pick than Foxworth.

As far as the second day picks go, I think we might take a MLB for depth. MacPherson could be a real good pickup if he doesn't get drafted sooner.
inkwell

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The receivers in your league dont demand it? Terrell Owens? Plexico Burress? EVERY NFL team needs at least three CBs who can play. Most need four . . . and that is if NONE get hurt. Walt Harris has an arthritic knee. He is not a full time starter. This means you have ONE starting calibre cb you can depend on. I think you need to bring in TWO CBs from the draft and one of them had better be able to be the nickel back from day one.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkwell wrote:
The receivers in your league dont demand it? Terrell Owens? Plexico Burress? EVERY NFL team needs at least three CBs who can play. Most need four . . . and that is if NONE get hurt. Walt Harris has an arthritic knee. He is not a full time starter. This means you have ONE starting calibre cb you can depend on. I think you need to bring in TWO CBs from the draft and one of them had better be able to be the nickel back from day one.

Springs covers TO, and Burress sucks. They'll probably use Wilds for Burress.
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Bartrell "might" be a better pick than Foxworth...but if you followed MD football you would know Foxworth has started in the ACC since he was a freshman, how many people can you say that about? You can't say that about Merriman, Barron, or a number of guys who are projected to go in the first round.

I think we should draft guys in the third and 4th rounds who have proven they can do something and do it against good competition...I don't want to draft on potential, we need guys who can fill in right away and be contributiors and both Russell and Foxworth can do taht because they have started since being freshman against some of the highest competition in the nation.
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats up with inkwell?? Buress is an average WR, springs could cover him, springs shut down TO and Keyshawn last year...

Harris is a solid #2 and we have young players taht can fill in at the #3 and 4 spot like Jimoh, Wilds, Ruphus and Ralph Brown. Worst comes to worse we put Andre Lott or Prieau over there, they played some CB in college and could still do in the pros.

We don't need a CB in the first round IMO there isn't that much difference between Pac Man and a guy like Foxworth...except Pac Man is a good returner and might have a little more speed but they are the same size and make about the same amount of plays I've seen them both play, for one Foxworth has more experience and has played against tougher comeptition than Jones has..
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

avbanig wrote:
Yeah Bartrell "might" be a better pick than Foxworth...but if you followed MD football you would know Foxworth has started in the ACC since he was a freshman, how many people can you say that about? You can't say that about Merriman, Barron, or a number of guys who are projected to go in the first round.

I can't say that I've seen either Bartrell or Foxworth play, I'm only going on what I've read. To me Foxworth seems too small which will tells me that he'll have trouble tackling at the next level. I don't think he could fill Smoots shoes and eventually start beside Springs. Bartrell has the size and the speed, and may be a starter after a season in the NFL. There's more risk with Bartrell, but I think there's more reward too.
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For one Foxworth is the same size as smoot about 5'9 180lbs, 2- Bartrell will be gone in the second round most likely so this dicussion would be moot then..

Hopefully if we trade Gardner in the next week or 2 so we will have 2 #3's and we can get Russell, Foxworth in the 3rd and Alex Holmes in the 4th..

then take a D tackle an O guard/center in the last 2 rounds.

Foxworth had a great work out I think he ran like a 4.38 and was very impressive in all of the drills and stuff a couple of weeks back at U MD, his stock has risen some...
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: SEE check this out! Reply with quote

Cornerback Domonique Foxworth was one player whose work was mostly done before today. Foxworth was one of the top five defensive backs in most categories at the Indianapolis combine earlier this month.

Dom. Foxworth 5-11/185 14 41 4.34

he's actually taller than I thought, and he weighs 5-7 more lbs than smoot and has a better 40 time, he just doesn't talk much trash so you don't hear about him like you heard about Smoot!

Foxworth ran a 4.34 in the 40, jumped 42 inches, put 225 up 14 times and long jumped 10-5, likely making him a player who will be picked on the first day.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: SEE check this out! Reply with quote

avbanig wrote:
he just doesn't talk much trash so you don't hear about him like you heard about Smoot!

That's probably what I'll miss most about not having Fred. His mouth was constantly going.
avbanig

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true he'll always tell you how he feels...Foxworth is more like D Green he's a nice guy, but doesn't talk much trash just shows you how good he is.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: