Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NCAA Football in 05-06
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win next year's national championship?
USC
28%
 28%  [ 9 ]
Texas
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Ohio State
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Oklahoma
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Michigan
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Miami (Fl)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (Please Specify)
28%
 28%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 32

saintsrule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tigers have a good schedule this year. i think they could do very well.
does anyone know if the knew construction to death valley will be complete by the start of the season? it's hard to imagine but that will make us harder to play at home. all our harder games are at home this season and all the sec teams are rebuilding. we might go undefeated.

so who do ya'll think will start at qb perilloux or russell? will we rotate back and forth like last year or will les miles stick with one over the other? how will our defense do? our running backs will be great. i think our offensive line will be really good as well as receivers. i'm kinda feeling national champs unless we really blow it or they do us like they did auburn.

my ultimate dream would be that LSU and USC would both go undefeated and of course USC would be #1 all year and we'd be number 2. and then everyone pick USC to kill us. then i think the rose bowl has the national championship this year. so we could go there and destroy em'. i can't say what i would to, but it would be great if we'd end leinarts career by sacking him so many times. i would love for us to just dominate them so we could put an end to any question about whether the sec was as good as the pac 10.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsrule wrote:
play lsu, georgia, auburn, tennessee and florida year in and year out. that's a tough schedule

I wish USC could play those teams "year in and year out". I really do. So that when they beat them all, people like you would shut up.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
saintsrule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah we'd shut up. we wouldn't have to say anything because usc would lose every game.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsrule wrote:
my ultimate dream would be that LSU and USC would both go undefeated and of course USC would be #1 all year and we'd be number 2. and then everyone pick USC to kill us. then i think the rose bowl has the national championship this year. so we could go there and destroy em'. i can't say what i would to, but it would be great if we'd end leinarts career by sacking him so many times. i would love for us to just dominate them so we could put an end to any question about whether the sec was as good as the pac 10.

Both teams could go undefeated. Tough to say who will go throughout the entire season undefeteated in College Football. No matter what conference or non-conference schedule you play. Rose Bowl does have the National Championship Game this year. Good luck on the "destory em'" part. Let me guess, you're one of those who says that Matt Leinart is going to be a "bust" in the NFL right?

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsrule wrote:
yeah we'd shut up. we wouldn't have to say anything because usc would lose every game.

Isn't it great to dream about such far-fetched ideas? Man, I'd sure like to do that.

as11osu wrote:
Hawkeye 5

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget about LSU BigBen. We disposed of them at the end of last year. Were looking for a little payback.

And when I say we, Im talkin bout the HawkeyeNation

I will say that I still have a bad orangey taste leftover from a couple years ago Smile
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawkeye 5 wrote:
I will say that I still have a bad orangey taste leftover from a couple years ago

Yeah that game got pretty bad. Whatever happened to Brad Banks? I was going to follow him throughout his career but never got around to it. I'm not trying to rub in anything when I ask about Brad Banks either. I'm just really curious.

By the way, this is my 1800th post. Not a real big deal, thought I'd let everyone share in it.

as11osu wrote:
Hawkeye 5

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I know it got bad but I didnt feel so bad after watching OU get destroyed. It made me feel like we were the first ones to get run through the buzz saw.

At the time though USC was just really hitting their stride and were kind of under the radar as far as being the elite program they are now

Brad Banks was drafted by the Redskins but didnt make the cut. I figured so much. He was a really good college player and a joy to watch every week but you know the next level is a diffrent game. Currently he is playing in the CFL for the Ottawa Renegades
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many non-conference rivalries that aren't in Florida are both consistently between top 25 teams, that was my point, if there are any I can't think of them, I'm not saying all rivalries are crappy, OSU/ Mich is one of the best rivalries in sports but it is in conference. But if there are any good non-conference rivalries out there that are good and I didn't think of I apologize.
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also wanted to say if USC can get back this year I will never say another bad word about them because I think they had the biggest offseason loss of any team in CFB, when Chow went to the Titans. If Pete Carroll can rebound after that they will have proven to me that they are actually a good offensive team and not just a genius making decent QB's looking good(Chow makes every QB looks good), without Chow's expert half-time adjustments I think they would have lost 4 games last year.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they will not make it back this year... sorry... Miami should get their act together... But OSU and a Miami rematch? sounds good to me... or USC and OSU so that OSU could make Leinhert look like a [inappropriate/removed]... wait he does that good by himself... so that OSU could make USC look like they should if they played in a real Conference... then USC fans would shutup... I guarantee that you didnt get on the USC bandwagon until after this year....

Oh and GO BROWNS!!!

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBrowns41 wrote:
I guarantee that you didnt get on the USC bandwagon until after this year

Was that directed at me?

as11osu wrote:
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most people jumped on the bandwagon last year because they beat Oklahoma... it's just rare that you have a favorite team across the country

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Southern California, and I've always been a fan of the Southern California Trojans. My dad was a hardcore Steelers fan, and it rubbed off on me when I was a kid. I remember watching videos of Jack Lambert just steamroll over players, get up, and smile with his missing teeth. It was just great to watch a team that could actually play defense, when defense was "cool". Rather then this day in age where defense is rarely played, except for a few teams in the NFL. I'm a Detroit Pistons fan, and was since the days of the "Bad Boys". Favorite player back then was Bill Laimbeer. He didn't take crap from anybody, and he was white. How could you hate him? Unless you were playing against him, then you really hated him. Believe it or not, I hate the Los Angeles Lakers and love the Los Angeles Clippers. If the Clippers can get a damn good SG in the draft (hopefully Rashad McCants) then they might be playoff bound. That and a backup Center. Chris Kaman is going to have a very solid career, mark my words. My favorite NHL team happens to be the Anaheim Mighty Ducks, but I go to more Los Angeles Kings games because Los Angeles is closer to me then Anaheim. I'm a huge Angels fan, even back when they were losing all the time. Which was fairly recent. I remember Jim Abbott. I love watching videos of Don Baylor and Rod Carew. However, I don't go to as many Angels games as I would like, but I do go to some Dodgers games. I was actually at Game 3 of the NLDS last year where Jose Lima, and "Lima Time", blanked the Cardinals 3-0. Lima threw the first Dodgers shutout in the Playoffs since Orel Hersheiser in 1988. Not bad. I love some West Coast teams, but I really really really hate the Lakers. And that sack of crap, Kobe Bryant.

as11osu wrote:
saintsrule

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does this poll not include an sec team at all? why does the rest of the country think the sec is garbage? it really doesn't make sense because you're the same people that wet yourselves when your favorite nfl team drafts a great sec player. explain that for me if any of you can.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: