Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NCAA Football in 05-06
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win next year's national championship?
USC
28%
 28%  [ 9 ]
Texas
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Ohio State
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Oklahoma
12%
 12%  [ 4 ]
Michigan
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Miami (Fl)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (Please Specify)
28%
 28%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 32

ezra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michigan with Hart and Henne will dominate the NCAA and win the national titile

Mario Manningham will become as good as Braylon Edwards was during his senior year at Michigan! I guarantee it!
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playaj21 wrote:
That's just what I was thinking. Concorde De LaSalle could go 10-2 on USC's schedule.

De LaSalle may have won 170 something games in a row, I forget the exact number, but to say that they could go 10-2 on USC's schedule is a little bit far fetched.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Sportboy86

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
Playaj21 wrote:
That's just what I was thinking. Concorde De LaSalle could go 10-2 on USC's schedule.

De LaSalle may have won 170 something games in a row, I forget the exact number, but to say that they could go 10-2 on USC's schedule is a little bit far fetched.

But point taken. It just adds to your easy schedule argument.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wish USC played good teams.... then Mike Williams wouldnt have good stats and everyone would get off of his nuts.... I'm an Ohio State fan and I love Braylon Edwards because he is so good...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If FSU starts Xavier Lee i think they can win it all, He will give the offense something they haven't had since Weinke left a QB who doesn't suck Donkey, Sexton is garbage and that D is BEAST, all we need is a QB who understands the defense is the other colored team, sorry Rix, you are supposed to throw it to the guys who are dressed like you.

But either way the BCS (BULL CRAP SERIES) will still pick 2 or 3 undefeated teams to sit and watch the championship game making the regular season irrelevant unless you start off the year ranked 1-5. By the way USC just announced their schedule for the next 4 years and Miss Helen's Girls School for the Blind is going to be the hardest non-conference game.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeuceFan26 wrote:
By the way USC just announced their schedule for the next 4 years and Miss Helen's Girls School for the Blind is going to be the hardest non-conference game.

That was a nice attempt at a shot towards USC. But in all fairness, that should be directed towards Auburn. And Auburn wonders why they were left out of the National Championship Game last year?

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That was a nice attempt at a shot towards USC. But in all fairness, that should be directed towards Auburn. And Auburn wonders why they were left out of the National Championship Game last year?

I'm pretty sure Auburn plays better teams than USC...

the Pac 10 or the SEC? Hmm... i'm pretty sure the SEC is a lot better...

This is called TRUTH!

Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can only play teams from their Conference during their Conference schedule, so don't even try to penalize USC for playing in the Pac-10.

as11osu wrote:
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey by that accord we shouldn't punish Utah for their conference, and i think they had a harder non-conference than both USC and Auburn, my USC jokes could be made at just about every team that doesn't play in FLorida or doesn't have some insanely hard rivalries, all the other big schools play garbage non-conferences. It is just the way it is.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeuceFan26 wrote:
Hey by that accord we shouldn't punish Utah for their conference

No we shouldn't. You can only win games that are on your Conference schedule, and just all-around schedule for that matter. Texas A&M was their only "decent" Non-Conference opponent this year on the Utah schedule. They only played one Top 25 team, and that was (25) Pittsburgh in the Fiesta Bowl. That #25 ranking is the final ranking, after all the College Football games were played. They were ranked #19 at the time of the game.

DeuceFan26 wrote:
and i think they had a harder non-conference than both USC and Auburn

USC played a Non-Conference schedule of (10) Virginia Tech, Colorado State, Notre Dame, and Brigham Young. That's a far tougher Non-Conference schedule then Auburn. Who played the tough likes of Louisiana-Monroe, Citadel, and Louisiana Tech. Wow, what a toughie. Also, USC played three teams that according to the final rankings, were ranked #10 or higher. They were... California, Oklahoma, and Virginia Tech. Auburn, only played two. They were... Virginia Tech and Georgia.

DeuceFan26 wrote:
my USC jokes could be made at just about every team that doesn't play in FLorida or doesn't have some insanely hard rivalries

Yes, USC/Notre Dame is a crap rivalry. So is USC/UCLA, and so is Auburn/Alabama. And every other rivalry that isn't in the state of Florida. Now that was idiotic on your part, about the "team that doesn't play in Florida" comment.

DeuceFan26 wrote:
all the other big schools play garbage non-conferences.

That's kinda weak right there. Considering that Florida State, Miami (FL), and Florida played a collective Non-Conference schedule of (not including eachother)... Middle Tennessee State, Eastern Michigan, UAB, Houston, Louisville, Louisiana Tech, and Syracuse. Only team in the Top 25 you ask? It's Louisville. Who, almost beat Miami (FL).

DeuceFan26 wrote:
It is just the way it is.

No, it isn't just the way it is. To say that every other team in the nation, expect the Florida schools, play "garbage" Non-Conference schedules is quite atrocious.

as11osu wrote:
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They can only play teams from their Conference during their Conference schedule, so don't even try to penalize USC for playing in the Pac-10.

Ummm... that just means that they dont deserve to go to the Rose Bowl because they play noone... I guarantee they couldnt beat Michigan or Ohio State...

Oh, and their non-conferance schedule was very unimpressive as well... Notre Dame did nothing... BYU? Please... oh, and Colorado State... they sure are tough....

This is called TRUTH!

Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBrowns41 wrote:
I guarantee they couldnt beat Michigan or Ohio State...

Wow, did you sleep through the 2004 Rose Bowl?

as11osu wrote:
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who say USC schedules "crap" teams for their Non-Conference schedules. Let's just go look at the 2006 season schedule as well.

at Arkansas
Nebraska
Arizona State
at Arizona
Oregon
Washington
at Washington State
at Stanford
California
at UCLA
Notre Dame

And that's still with a game left to add. Supposedly, they've been talking to Auburn about a 2006 game. Quite interesting.

as11osu wrote:
saintsrule

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a crap schedule. play lsu, georgia, auburn, tennessee and florida year in and year out. that's a tough schedule. all of those teams could beat texas tech any day and they beat the crap out of Cal in the bowl game, and Cal's the best team on usc's schedule every year.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

California was missing their top three WRs. That's why they lost the game.

as11osu wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: