Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BIG TEN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiSync

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject: BIG TEN Reply with quote

They never get looked at for being one of the best confrences yet they have two teams in the tourny
Harrington is da man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes im proud of the big ten...especially MSU but im particulary not a big MSU fan in football...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that for the last half decade that everyone keeps saying "oh the Big Ten is down this year". Well if they were constantly lacking in talent wouldnt they just not be that good. Its all crap if you ask me.

I think it has more to do with style of play. Football is grind in the Big Ten. Basketball is alot slower and defensive style. Other confrences do have the more athletic player, I admit that, and most of the experts and fans across the nation take that as overall better.

SEC football is the best as much as I hate to say that but the Big 12 and Big 10 arent far behind

Big Ten basketball always has someone make a run the tourney but what Illinios did this year in the Big Ten is so rare. Teams usually always are knocking each other down the top 25.

It all comes down to the Heartland discrimination Smile

GO HAWKS
GO BIG TEN
USNinc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of the problem is that the Big Ten just beats the hell out of each other and other teams. We may not win but we just seem to be scrappy.

It's like the old NFC Central.
It wasn't razzle dazzle..they just pounded each other.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look for Ohio State to do much better this season...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BASKETBALL-the big ten is one of those conferences with a huge desparity in depth the top teams are great, but the bottom teams are BAD, the top of the big ten could beat anybody teams like Illinois and MSU are very good, but beyond those 2 and wisconsin it is crap, other conferences have more depth through the conferences.

FOOTBALL- regardless of what anyone says the big ten is a top 3, conference(I would say 1.ACC 2.SEC 3.BIG TEN). OSU, Mich, Wisconsin, Mich St., even northwestern all can compete with anyone in the country on a good day, there are some matchup probles with the lower teams but I would never pick against OSU or Mich they are both great teams who can beat anyone, I think the big ten is constantly underrated.
Hawkeye 5

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Duece - How are you going to leave Iowa out of the football list. They have finished top 10 three year in a row but you mention the likes of Michigan St and Northwestern. Thank you though for saying the Big Ten is underrated in football.

And as far as Wisconsin goes in basketball-nobody likes their style but I highly doubt you could call them crap.

Last but not least, there is no way the ACC is king of football Smile
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that I didn't mean to leave them off just forgot to mention them they are a good team too and i was mentioning wisconsin as a good basketball team i just worded it oddly.

I didn't say the ACC was the king of football I just think they are the best all around conference, every team in the ACC has talent other than Duke, many teams if they were in other conferences could be playing for conference titles but there is too much depth in the conference, FSU, Miami, VT, GT, BC, NC St., Virginia, and Clem(good for a few games every year then they self destruct) no other conference has that kind of depth, the only one close is the SEC but they only have 4 good teams LSU, Tenn, Aub might be but they lost a lot, and FL ( sorry if i forget anyone thats off the top of my head)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: