You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bright Side-2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
titan52490


Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 13670
Location: STL
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRedHawk7 wrote:
titan52490 wrote:

He is very rarely beaten though, Like agiasnt Smith he was in great position he just didnt play the ball well at all. As a true coverage guy he is rather good. He just doesnt play the ball well

Haha, umm, the safeties number one job is to play the ball. If a safety is bad at playing the ball then they are a bad safety. If safety was all about athleticism then it would be much easier to find good safeties. Unfortunately, playing the ball is all about instincts and instincts are nearly impossible to teach. OJ will get better with time, but from what I've seen, he doesn't have great instincts, which means he'll never be a great safety. He could be good, but in my opinion, he won't be great, and definitely not elite.


Its not that he doesnt know how to play the ball, he just doesnt want to make a mistake. He is a definate run stopper and has great intincts there.

You're just gonna have to trust me on this one
_________________


Todd Gurley wrote:
Whats the point of being a running back if you can't break a tackle?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STLRedHawk7


Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 6244
Location: Arlington, VA but always repping St. Louis
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan52490 wrote:
STLRedHawk7 wrote:
titan52490 wrote:

He is very rarely beaten though, Like agiasnt Smith he was in great position he just didnt play the ball well at all. As a true coverage guy he is rather good. He just doesnt play the ball well

Haha, umm, the safeties number one job is to play the ball. If a safety is bad at playing the ball then they are a bad safety. If safety was all about athleticism then it would be much easier to find good safeties. Unfortunately, playing the ball is all about instincts and instincts are nearly impossible to teach. OJ will get better with time, but from what I've seen, he doesn't have great instincts, which means he'll never be a great safety. He could be good, but in my opinion, he won't be great, and definitely not elite.


Its not that he doesnt know how to play the ball, he just doesnt want to make a mistake. He is a definate run stopper and has great intincts there.

You're just gonna have to trust me on this one

Why do I have to trust you on this one? I have my own eyes. I can watch him play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 53842
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought coverage was supposed to be one of Atogwe's strong points.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cew28315039


Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 7817
Location: West Va. U
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
I thought coverage was supposed to be one of Atogwe's strong points.


like Archuleta's right Very Happy

OJ has only played DECENT this season and is a VERY speratic when he plays

every now and then he'll make a play

then the next play he'll let up a touchdown
_________________
http://www.paradisefishingchartersfl.com/accurate-reels-for-sale-accurate-fishing-reels/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
titan52490


Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 13670
Location: STL
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
I thought coverage was supposed to be one of Atogwe's strong points.


He is the best coverage guy on our Team.
_________________


Todd Gurley wrote:
Whats the point of being a running back if you can't break a tackle?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 53842
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan52490 wrote:
He is the best coverage guy on our Team.


How much does that really say? We might have the worst secondary in the NFL.

If Landry is there I want him. Atogwe sucks this season and we need an upgrade. But, since we need upgrades in almost every position on defense I wouldn't mind giving Atogwe another shot and drafting another need.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cew28315039


Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 7817
Location: West Va. U
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he isnt the best "coverage guy" on the team Bronw is the best "coverage guy" then chavous then id go as far as saying Hill and OJ are tied
_________________
http://www.paradisefishingchartersfl.com/accurate-reels-for-sale-accurate-fishing-reels/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
titan52490


Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 13670
Location: STL
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cew28315039 wrote:
he isnt the best "coverage guy" on the team Bronw is the best "coverage guy" then chavous then id go as far as saying Hill and OJ are tied


Yes he is.

Confused

Quote:
If Landry is there I want him. Atogwe sucks this season and we need an upgrade. But, since we need upgrades in almost every position on defense I wouldn't mind giving Atogwe another shot and drafting another need.


Atogwe definatly doesnt 'Suck'

Though he might be better suited at SS.

Our biggest needs are by Far SLB and DT
_________________


Todd Gurley wrote:
Whats the point of being a running back if you can't break a tackle?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cew28315039


Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 7817
Location: West Va. U
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then S then CB then OG then RB then WR
_________________
http://www.paradisefishingchartersfl.com/accurate-reels-for-sale-accurate-fishing-reels/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 53842
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan52490 wrote:
Our biggest needs are by Far SLB and DT


Agreed, but we also need a CB and another safety just as bad. If Landry is there when we pick we have to take him. He's just too good of a prospect to pass up on. Especially in a draft where LB isn't that strong.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cew28315039


Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 7817
Location: West Va. U
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this years LB class is actaully very strong just not at the top of the draft

there are many very good LB prospects

HB Blades- Rufus ALexander-Earl Everett-Juwan Simpson-Prescout Burgess-Buster Davis-Anthony Waters

maybe one or 2 of those guys wont be there when we pick in the second that is y i would be willing to wait till the second for our SLB and just take BPA (any position) in the first

we need to draft a playmaker in the first no matter the position lets face it
_________________
http://www.paradisefishingchartersfl.com/accurate-reels-for-sale-accurate-fishing-reels/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
titan52490


Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Posts: 13670
Location: STL
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
titan52490 wrote:
Our biggest needs are by Far SLB and DT


Agreed, but we also need a CB and another safety just as bad. If Landry is there when we pick we have to take him. He's just too good of a prospect to pass up on. Especially in a draft where LB isn't that strong.


I like Bartell at Corner. He is just as fast as Hill, but big and strong.

The LB class is Great.

While our pass coverage is bad. Our run defense is atrocious.

I just dont like Landry that much as a prospect. He just doesnt have taht wow factor. I want to wait a year and get Kenny Philips. There is a stud.

I think an Optimum first round would be Alan Branch, then Buster Davis in the second. That would shore up our Run D for sure.
_________________


Todd Gurley wrote:
Whats the point of being a running back if you can't break a tackle?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 53842
Location: California
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of talented guys at LB in the draft and it's deep, but there isn't that one guy (AJ Hawk, Shawne Merriman, DeMarcus Ware, Derrick Johnson, etc) that is an elite prospect. There are no wow guys at LB.

Lets say we have a top 10 pick, who would everyone want to draft? Don't you guys think that's a tad bit early for Pat Willis or another LB?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cew28315039


Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 7817
Location: West Va. U
PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Branch if we have a top 10 pick
_________________
http://www.paradisefishingchartersfl.com/accurate-reels-for-sale-accurate-fishing-reels/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 53842
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cew28315039 wrote:
Alan Branch if we have a top 10 pick


I'll agree with that pick. I don't think there's a LB worth a top 10 pick and basically no defensive players except for Gaines Adams and I don't want him.

Maybe we can trade down and get more picks.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group