You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Bright Side-2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titan52490

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: The Bright Side-2 Reply with quote

Gotta look at the good things even at the worst times.

For one, I think we finally drafted a Defensive player that doesnt suck in Tye Hill, who played Steve Smith extremely well for a rookie.

Alex Barron played great, handling Peppers for the most part.

O.J. Atowge is going to be an Elite safety, trust me. Once he learns to play the ball in coverage, he will be a Monster. He doesnt miss tackles (Unless its LT) He forces fumbles with the best of them. He can cover as good as anyone on this team (Not that impressive lol). And most importantly he never lets the RB get past him on a run (Unless its LT)

Todd Gurley wrote:
Whats the point of being a running back if you can't break a tackle?
STLRedHawk7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OJ Atogwe is not very good. You can't teach instincts and his are poor. To say he'll be an elite safety shows poor judgement of safeties.
cew28315039

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldnt agree any mre with u about Tye he looks like he will be very good

i hope u are right about Atogwe but he NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO COVER NOW
sackmaster91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the point of getting rid of Arch was because he couldn't cover... and look who we get.
ramswininbyaton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a yung team thats good too. Oj wont be elite but hell be good.
Proud Canadian
Dion Phaneuf owns you
titan52490

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRedHawk7 wrote:
OJ Atogwe is not very good. You can't teach instincts and his are poor. To say he'll be an elite safety shows poor judgement of safeties.

How do you figure his are poor? He seems to always be around the ball, and stop alot of big plays.

Atogwe is still probably our best coverage guy. He just doesnt play the ball very well like I said. He says right with the guy every time, he is never truly beaten by the guy he just doesnt makes alot of great plays on the ball.

Todd Gurley wrote:
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, O.J. needs to learn how to cover. He looked really bad on the Steve Smith touchdown. But, he did cause a Brad Hoover fumble, and his tackling isn't that bad.

Plus, who can tackle LT? Nobody.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think OJ is more suited to play SS, because he does tackle well, but his coverage skills are weaker. I think Chavous is a much better ball hawk than OJ is, but OJ has better un stopping instincts than Chavous.

As for Tye Hill, he is still raw, but seems to be doing better each week. The only mistake that I noticed was that he turned his hips the wrong way when Keyshawn Johnson went over the middle on that post route.

I think we have to look at the bright side, Victor Adeyanju, a 5th rounder who wasn't supposed to do anything, has played very well for us. If nothing else, he is great depth for years to come if we get a new DE.

We have more problems than bonuses however. We have shown, once again, that we have zero offensive line in the middle, and have no depth. We still can't stop the run at all, and we have to blitz to get to the QB, and we don't force enough turnovers to offset the big play anymore. The most infuriating thing is, they are the same problems we had last year, and our offense doesn't as much to offset them. We were ineffiecient today as a team. The WRs dropped balls, SJ didn't do anything, Bulger missed some throws, it was a bad team effort.

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
sackmaster91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan52490 wrote:
STLRedHawk7 wrote:

How do you figure his are poor? He seems to always be around the ball, and stop alot of big plays.

Atogwe is still probably our best coverage guy. He just doesnt play the ball very well like I said. He says right with the guy every time, he is never truly beaten by the guy he just doesnt makes alot of great plays on the ball.

I really don't care where the heck he is the point is that he doesn't make the plays. A guy could be beaten by 30 yards or beaten a couple of feet, it makes no differnce to me. It's not just Atogwe that has problems though. Our whole team has problems and when they keep losing it's easy to gripe about every little thing.
titan52490

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sackmaster91 wrote:
titan52490 wrote:
STLRedHawk7 wrote:

I really don't care where the heck he is the point is that he doesn't make the plays. A guy could be beaten by 30 yards or beaten a couple of feet, it makes no differnce to me. It's not just Atogwe that has problems though. Our whole team has problems and when they keep losing it's easy to gripe about every little thing.

He is very rarely beaten though, Like agiasnt Smith he was in great position he just didnt play the ball well at all. As a true coverage guy he is rather good. He just doesnt play the ball well

Quote:
We have more problems than bonuses however. We have shown, once again, that we have zero offensive line in the middle, and have no depth. We still can't stop the run at all, and we have to blitz to get to the QB, and we don't force enough turnovers to offset the big play anymore. The most infuriating thing is, they are the same problems we had last year, and our offense doesn't as much to offset them. We were ineffiecient today as a team. The WRs dropped balls, SJ didn't do anything, Bulger missed some throws, it was a bad team effort.

This is the bright side. Wink Dont be a negitive Nancy.

Todd Gurley wrote:
ramssuperbowl99

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan52490 wrote:
sackmaster91 wrote:
titan52490 wrote:
STLRedHawk7 wrote:

He is very rarely beaten though, Like agiasnt Smith he was in great position he just didnt play the ball well at all. As a true coverage guy he is rather good. He just doesnt play the ball well

Quote:

This is the bright side. Wink Dont be a negitive Nancy.

Sorry man, its tough watching 15 hours of losing football over these last 5 weeks...

I'll just keep repeating how good Victor and Leonard are playing....

Title Town USA wrote:
Don't question Rams. He runs this place. He is The Man.
sackmaster91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramssuperbowl99 wrote:
I think OJ is more suited to play SS, because he does tackle well, but his coverage skills are weaker. I think Chavous is a much better ball hawk than OJ is, but OJ has better un stopping instincts than Chavous.

As for Tye Hill, he is still raw, but seems to be doing better each week. The only mistake that I noticed was that he turned his hips the wrong way when Keyshawn Johnson went over the middle on that post route.

I think we have to look at the bright side, Victor Adeyanju, a 5th rounder who wasn't supposed to do anything, has played very well for us. If nothing else, he is great depth for years to come if we get a new DE.

Well our offense is much better than it was last year it has just struggled te last couple of games. We just cant consistently put it together is what it is. The D still couldn't stop the run but they only gave up 13 points and then our offense goes out and gets -2 points. Other times our D gives up 30-40 and our offense gets 29 or so points. Bottom line, we are no good in the trenches where it counts.
fansincela

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want Gaines Adams! and Pozluszny!
Why don't we try Jon Alston?
titan52490

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fansincela wrote:
I want Gaines Adams! and Pozluszny!
Why don't we try Jon Alston?

Cause we're Dumb

Todd Gurley wrote:
STLRedHawk7

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titan52490 wrote:

Haha, umm, the safeties number one job is to play the ball. If a safety is bad at playing the ball then they are a bad safety. If safety was all about athleticism then it would be much easier to find good safeties. Unfortunately, playing the ball is all about instincts and instincts are nearly impossible to teach. OJ will get better with time, but from what I've seen, he doesn't have great instincts, which means he'll never be a great safety. He could be good, but in my opinion, he won't be great, and definitely not elite.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: