Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is it going to happen?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Is it going to happen? Reply with quote

Whats new on the Surtain trade? Any new news?
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, beat me to it.. I was gonna ask if any chiefs fans had heard the same that I have.

Quote:
Kansas City coach - Vermeil is hinting the Chiefs will warm up their talks with the agents for Patrick Surtain and Ty Law in the hope of getting one of those players before the draft.
-- Miami Herald

FF Member #1000
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha it censored his name
FF Member #1000
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you know you cant say - because - is a bad word on here. - is not a name!
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

latest report i read was from lenny P (espn) and it said the chiefs are still not wanting to give our 2nd.. imo they are trying to cheap the dolphins with Law as a fallback. the less interest other teams show in surtain the more carl will cheap out on the dolphins.. right now the chiefs appear the only suitors.... so that means it will happen only if the dolphins get desperate.. if Law signs with another team this could change !

ps - anyone read gretz latest article.. that dude is a jagggoff ! rude.. he picks articles to flame ! nice pr work robert !
kcsteaks23

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carl is a MORON

a 2nd for surtain is a great deal.
why?
1. are you going to get a player as good as surtain in the second round???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
2. hmmmm #2 hmmmmm #2 aww yes refer to #1

Calvert28 wrote:
He (Emmit Smith) was to this sport what Wyane Gretsky was to the NHL

LMAO
2TP3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a rumor that Surtain was meeting with the Chiefs today but I havnt heard a follow up on it so it was probably blasphamous, and the reason Carl is hesitant about the trade is because if we get him he will have to give him a new contract and we might not be able to afford him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: It's DO or DIE Carl!!! Reply with quote

PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!!PLEASE!!! Carl must trade for Surtain. Carl if you get Surtain, I promise i'll take back all the nasty things i've said about you. How you're the worst GM in the league, how you only care about profit, how the GREAT Chiefs fans who consistently fill the stadium seats for outrageous ticket prices, and how your 15 year...er five year plan has been a joke. I promise Carl if only you promise to give back to the fans. If we go after Ty Law the possibility of our starting secondary for the first 2-4 games would be a mix between McCleon, Bartee, and possibly a rookie CB (granted a 1st rd but still a rook). Can you imagine going against Randy Moss with that line-up Embarassed

If Carl does not make this happen It's time to grab a ROPE!!!
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Carl" must be stupid. But, I don't know if you will even find someone like Surtain in the draft. Don't forget....The fins don't have to get rid of him, they could be able to swallow that salary. If the cheifs don't give up a 2nd rounder, then they are idiots.
FF Member #1000
SBorBust

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was doing some reading on Surtain, and I noticed something interesting. Take it for what it's worth, but according to Sportsline.com's rankings, he is ranked #80 for all DB's. I looked at a few more names and found out that he is ranked behind Eric Warfield (#35), Andre Dyson (#54) and even R.W. McQuarters (#50). Keep in mind that these rankings come from last years performances. Ty Law was ranked in the 300's somewhere, but I didn't count that since he was injured. I don't know if it means anything, I still think Surtain is a very good player, but it was just interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: