Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Draft Countdown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e16bball

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: NFL Draft Countdown Reply with quote

One of the most respected draft analysts on the 'Net, Scott Wright, the creator of www.nfldraftcountdown.com has put out his newest mock.

He has the Redskins taking Troy Williamson at 9, and Jovan Haye at 76. I usually like his stuff, but I'm not buying a lot of this mock, especially the huge reach for Williamson, who isn't even a consensus top 3 receiver.

Any other opinions on his draft?
riggensghost

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think we draft Williamson at nine or if we trade lower and there is no way Greg Williams lets Derrick Johnson pass by if he is still on the board. So E, I agree with you, not a fan of this draft, mostly b/c we dont get who we want but I guess that could certainly happen. I think if we miss on the big four (Williams, Edwards, Rolle, Jones), then we trade down or take Johnson if he is there or maybe Merriman.
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They updated it since and now have the Redskins taking Adam Jones. I won't complain, regardless of what they do, but if Merriman is a Cowboy... I will not be happy. ANYWHERE except Dallas.
taylor #36

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the pac man pick for the redskins he seems to be too small and not enough speed to make up for his size, if we pick a corner we should trade down and pick up Fabian Washington. Springs plays like a bigger corner so Washington's speed will be a very nice compliment on the other side of the field.
redskins4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Trade down for Fabian. At least get another player later in the 2nd, but dont waste a pick on PacMan at 9th--it's too high for him.
Lionsrule11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you skins fan think about this. Gardner and your third round for Surtain?
taylor #36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wouldn't happen, thats all that needs to be said
riggensghost

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surtain wants too much money, we can not afford him, he is great for picks but we already have a pair of old CBs (springs and harris)

We need speed and youth
aceyalone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rolle drops at #9.. i think that will be a perfect fit.. theres some miami guys already.. and he is atheletic, and will fit perfect as the opposite corner to shawn springs in Greg Williams defense.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: