You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Defense Sux majorly.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fansincela

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: The Defense Sux majorly. Reply with quote

This team is getting painful to watch. Our defense is only slightly better than last year. We need to tear it down and start it again. We can't stop the run!!!!!!! (OK,Hill WAS a good pick). Wroten and Victor A. might end up good but we can't stop jack!!!!!!!!!!!! What is Kennedy doing??? Chillar? Is Little really that good?????Lets get some defense in this next draft. The other teams draft good D linemen and LB's...WHY CAN'T WE???

So what about Bartell, Carter, Atogwe, Fisher, Butler? What the heck are they doing?
Don't get me wrong. I have been watching/rooting since 1967! I just can't keep up the brave, optimistic face!!! They really have not had a decent defense since the 70's..Think about it and tell me if I'm wrong!!!

Is it Georgia F's tight purse-strings still?

And KC's defense sucks even worse and we couldn't beat them in our own crib??????????????????????????/ Mad
98dodgert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: The Defense Sux majorly. Reply with quote

fansincela wrote:
And KC's defense sucks even worse and we couldn't beat them in our own crib??????????????????????????/ Mad

9th in the NFL in total defense. I would say it doesn't suck as bad. Great offenses can move the ball on any Defense and we have proven that in past years.
fansincela

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least your guys can hold on to the stinking ball.
STLRedHawk7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, our defense needs a complete overhaul. Not a lot of the guys on our defense should be starters in this league.
fansincela

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got that right
Why did we let Bly and Fletcher go? Wistrom won't invite comparisons with Deacon Jones but he was adequate. Witherspoon seems like the real deal though. We are wasting a pretty good offense, albeit one that can't score when we really need it, like today. I wish Barron would stop making false starts! Bulger has the "pretty" stats but we can't put anyone away. Huard's were mediocre. I still can't believe we lost at home with that guy starting.
For example..You can put your grandma on New England's defensive line and she would get 10 sacks at least.
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say we keep Spoon, Pisa, Hill, Little, Brown, and Glover.

But totally rebuilt the rest of our defense. I think our defense could be better, but we just haven't lived up to the potential that I thought we could have.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i will say we keep
Little
ADY
Wroten
Glover
Pisa
Spoon
Hill
Brown
Bartell
Chavous

the rest we CUT/trade for w/e
sackmaster91

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cew28315039 wrote:
i will say we keep
Little
ADY
Wroten
Glover
Pisa
Spoon
Hill
Brown
Bartell
Chavous

Wouldn't it have been easier to just say get rid of Kennedy and Atogwe? Wink

Really at this point I don't what to think. Who's to blame? Bad players?Bad coaching? Bad management? I'm not sure but we have reshuffled alot of guys but really to no avail. The biggest thing that I don't understand is why Fisher is still playing, and why in the world does Atogwe take such horrible angles? The guy graduated from Stanford so he should know something about Math. If a guy is running straight at a 180 degree angle... Then why the heck does he take a 20 degree angle and run out of bounds?! He has another game to prove to me that he can make it in this league because the last few games he has been the one of the worst players I have ever seen play the game.

Well lets see if we can pull ourselves together because I have to believe that we aren't going to win either of the next 2 games if we can't stop the darn run. Yes the Defense is slightly better, but that isn't saying much... if anything at all
RAMSxHOLT

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y not start butler instead of fisher!!! fisher sucks!

RAMS WILL GO BACK TO THE PLAYOFFS BABY!!!
fansincela

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cew28315039 wrote:
i will say we keep
Little
ADY
Wroten
Glover
Pisa
Spoon
Hill
Brown
Bartell
Chavous

Is Glover doing anything? Also we gotta stop blitzing all the time! It backfires too often. Check out Gregg Easterbrook on Tuesday Morning Quarterback. He makes a good case for not blitzing so often. I think Coakley and Glover are washed up. I think Pisa not being there has hurt.
I miss Faulk's presence overall.
cew28315039

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the reason i said Glover is because he is a great mentor at least for the younger DTs like Wroten and future DTs
fansincela

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Glover is probably a good mentor. BTW, I wasn't trying to bag on you about Glover. I am just frustrated at the lack of real improvement on D that spoils a fairly good offense.
WCOHUSKERS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kc's D worse than ours? get real. how does ty law, patrick surtain, derrick johnson, jared allen, tamba hali sound to you?
dtwizzy2k5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while i dont hope that we are drafting early come april, i do think that our first rounder ABSOLUTELY MUST be spent on a gamebreaking defender no matter what the situation is! hopefully somebody can fall to us or we could trade up for someone in the mold of a Laron Landry, Leon Hall, Paul Posluzny, Gaines Adams/Quentin Moses, etc.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=4032056&sid=46043bada13909aa3b3823c562cb2514#4032056 CLICK THE LINK FOR MY LATEST MOCK DRAFT
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
81_80_39_28_10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thing we must remember is that if we lose kevin curtis to free-agency we will really be hurting at wide-reciever because issac is getting old and holt wont be there forever, just something to think about

Thanks Lionsmack for the sig!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: