You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fact or Fiction Steelers style...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:
zsirvone28 wrote:
Fact or Fiction : With the Steelers going to more 4 WR sets on first and second down... Heath Miller have a break out year because he will be used more like a WR or flanker, such as other ProBowl TE's like a Gates or Crumpler.

Fact
. This is mainly due to the Steelers lack of decent depth at WR, and Heat Miller is a BEAST!

Fact Or Fiction: Larry Foote has a huge year and makes the Pro Bowl.

Fiction, I think Footw will have a decent year, but not a pro bowl year.

Fact or Fiction: Joey Porter will make the Steelers regret letting him go in 2007.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fact or Fiction: Joey Porter will make the Steelers regret letting him go in 2007

Fiction: While I believe Tomlin and Lebeau can engineer a defense that will be much more focused this year, James Harrison will not miss a beat in the 34. I project 7.5 sacks and a solid performance. Porter will not disappoint in Miami playing in a LB rotation with Jason Taylor and Zack Thomas. Not being the focus of the offense and carrying the bulk of the pass rushing responsibility on his shoulders, Porters athleticism will help him regain his form and taking on RT's and TE's again should propel him back to numbers he is used too.

Fact or Fiction: Bill Cowher will be the head coach of the Cleveland Browns in 2008 losing any and all respect I ever had for him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
VanSlyke18 wrote:
spush wrote:
Fact or Fiction: Max Starks get an extension before the start of the season

with what team?

Umm, he said extension, which means extending a current contract, and in case you didnt know, Max Starks is the LT for our beloved Steelers...

Wink

Sorry, didnt mean to sound cocky, but you had it coming. Twisted Evil

uhhh... no....

he can be traded and get an extension with another team.

sorry.... didnt mean to sound right, but you had it coming.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanSlyke18 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
VanSlyke18 wrote:
spush wrote:
Fact or Fiction: Max Starks get an extension before the start of the season

with what team?

Umm, he said extension, which means extending a current contract, and in case you didnt know, Max Starks is the LT for our beloved Steelers...

Wink

Sorry, didnt mean to sound cocky, but you had it coming. Twisted Evil

uhhh... no....

he can be traded and get an extension with another team.

sorry.... didnt mean to sound right, but you had it coming.

Rolling Eyes

Im sorry, did he ask if Max Starks would get traded and get an extension from a different team?

He asked if Max Starks would get an extension. He obviously meant from the Steelers, but obviously SOMEONE didnt pick up on that.

Its alright. It happens.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Im sorry, did he ask if Max Starks would get traded and get an extension from a different team?

He asked if Max Starks would get an extension. He obviously meant from the Steelers, but obviously SOMEONE didnt pick up on that.

Its alright. It happens.

you're mistaken again... calm down.

it was a joke expressing the possible trade of either Starks or Faneca (maybe to the cardinals). we've talked about it here in a trade rumor thread not too long ago, and i was merely commenting as such.

you picking up what i'm putting down?... or is there some sort of vendetta you have against me that hasnt been fulfilled yet?.... i mean, seriously, anyone with half a brain would see the sarcasm in that post.... sorry you didnt.
john_moser1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fact or fiction
the steelers will be the 1st team to 6
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john_moser1 wrote:
fact or fiction
the steelers will be the 1st team to 6

hopefully fact, 49ers, AND Cowboys could compete in the next two years so we'll have to see.

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanSlyke18 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Its alright. It happens.

you're mistaken again... calm down.

it was a joke expressing the possible trade of either Starks or Faneca (maybe to the cardinals). we've talked about it here in a trade rumor thread not too long ago, and i was merely commenting as such.

you picking up what i'm putting down?... or is there some sort of vendetta you have against me that hasnt been fulfilled yet?.... i mean, seriously, anyone with half a brain would see the sarcasm in that post.... sorry you didnt.

Listen up Molly Menopause, I dont have a vendetta against anyone, so stop crying.

But youre right, I have a problem picking up on lame jokes, so sorry I didnt get it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys calm down, name calling is against the rules on the forum anyhow...

Quote:
Fact or Fiction: Bill Cowher will be the head coach of the Cleveland Browns in 2008 losing any and all respect I ever had for him.
Fiction, he resigned for a reason. It was to be with his daughter/family for a few years...you know he did miss 15 years of his daughters life Wink

Jamison. on the sig
VanSlyke18

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
guys calm down, name calling is against the rules on the forum anyhow...

Quote:
Fiction, he resigned for a reason. It was to be with his daughter/family for a few years...you know he did miss 15 years of his daughters life Wink

I'm just alittle concerned.... his lash out really caught me off guard. oh well.... guess some people will fight anything, even if they have to imagine there's a fight to begin with.

and pardon me if i'm wrong, but if Cowher was coach of the Browns in 2008, wouldn't tha mean he did, in fact, take one season off?
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it would but do you really think he is going to take a mear 1 season off? i dont(which is why i said a few seasons). I believe his youngest daughter is a Sophmore in highschool(may be wrong), so i think he will atleast wait untill the 2009 season which would be after she graduated and went on to college, befor he coaches again. just my opinion though...

Jamison. on the sig
VanSlyke18

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
yes it would but do you really think he is going to take a mear 1 season off? i dont(which is why i said a few seasons). I believe his youngest daughter is a Sophmore in highschool(may be wrong), so i think he will atleast wait untill the 2009 season which would be after she graduated and went on to college, befor he coaches again. just my opinion though...

i'd tend to agree with you... but money has a way of motivating people to do things they dont want to do.
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanSlyke18 wrote:
i'd tend to agree with you... but money has a way of motivating people to do things they dont want to do.
At this point i can garauntee you all he wants to do right now is relax with his family and catch up on missed times with his daughter so i dont think money will motivate him more then his daughter. Plus he will get a ton of money once he comes back anyways, whether it be next seasons, 3 years from now, or 5 years from now.

Jamison. on the sig
VanSlyke18

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neumatic wrote:
VanSlyke18 wrote:
At this point i can garauntee you all he wants to do right now is relax with his family and catch up on missed times with his daughter so i dont think money will motivate him more then his daughter. Plus he will get a ton of money once he comes back anyways, whether it be next seasons, 3 years from now, or 5 years from now.

it's a tricky one.... we dont really know how much he's going to miss coaching football. I'd actually like to see him come back to pittsburgh as a member of the FO. i know, it's a pipe dream really, but i think alot of his talents would translate really well to director of football operations or something.
Neumatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as much as i like Mike Tomlin, if Cowher wanted to come back id take him in a heartbeat. I think he should take over for some highschool team around there or somethin for these next few years or a small college team. That way he could still be into football and still have plenty of time with his family...but hey thats what id do if i was in his shoes not him Laughing

anyways...back on topic..

Fact or Fiction:Aries(i think thats his name, or OC) helps Ben Roethlisberger return to form and Ben bounces back with a solid season and a strong Superbowl push while Mike Tomlin and LeBeau strengthen the defence(mainely in the draft)

Jamison. on the sig

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 24 of 25

Jump to: