You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KJJ's Lions Mock #2!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiper Jr. Jr.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: KJJ's Lions Mock #2!! Reply with quote

Since there has been a lot of draft talk lately, i thought it would be appropriate for mock numero 2

I am predicting a 4-12 finish and the 4nd overall pick. A little harsh but until the wins come i can't say anything else.

Round 1- (fourth overall)- Calvin Johnson- WR- Georgia Tech- I know i am going to draft a TON of critisism for this but let me state my case. I have said this over and over again, our recieving core sucks if we look at the stats this is what you'll see:
Roy Williams- 38 rec, 581 yds, 3tds
Mike Furrey- 37 rec, 431 yds, 3 tds
Kevin Jones- 37 rec 266 yds, 1 td

to me there is something wrong with that. Roy is our only legit reciever. Furrey is having a sold year but the stats dont lie. When kevin jones is 3 in recieving on your team there is a MAJOR problem. the most frightening thing is that the next reciever on that list is Az Hakim, who i heard today on the radio has been CUT. there is nothing after these 3. there is no doubt in my mind that BMW will be gone next year and this will leave us even weaker. Even with the 3 straight recievers we drafted a few years ago we are still left with a weak recieving core and depite all the attention in the draft, it may be one of our WEAKEST POSITIONS. If Calvin Johnson became a detroit lion, it would improve our reciving position mightly. roy would not be blanketed so much and the whole offense would greatly improve. know i there are some very good players out there like Gaines adams, Leon Hall, Joe Thomas, and Alan Branch. But if you look at our WR's it is still a position desperate of an upgrade.

Round 2- Daymeion Hughes/DeAndre Jackson- CB- Cal/ISU- I definately think that corner is the way to go here. there are some very very good prospects still available at different position, but the secondary more specifically the corners need an upgrade. Our secondary has gotten burned all year and it was especially sad to se Jamar Fletcher getting burned time after time against the rams. i think besides getting a top notch corner, we need depth at this position. the FA market for Conerbacks next is not very good. all i can think of right now is Nate Clement and i know he is going to be $pricy$. Huges and Jackson would fit very well in our cover 2 and would give an overall upgrade to the position.

Round 3- Anothony Waters- ILB- Clemson- i know he has had a major injury this year (torn ACL) but i still think this kid has got a chance to be something special. We have had a ton of injuries this year to our LB core and i think waters would step in immeadiately and contribute. he is a bit of a risk, but he has been very productive thoughout his carrer at clemson (109 tackles in 05', ACC honorable mention) and is a fairly good athlete. he would defietly help our defense.

Round 4- Samson Satele- OG- Hawaii- While there is a good chance he may be gone by this point, Samson i think will be a great player in the NFL. he has had a very successful career at hawaii and is a mountain at 6-3, 311 lbs. he has also played a lot in his career (started 12 or more games THREE STRAIGHT YEARS and was 1st/2nd team All-Wac) for three straight years. from what i have read about him, he has stayed relatively injury free and has a mean streak. I would love to get him in the fourth, he, like waters, could make an immeadate impact and would greately improve our depth

Round 5- Sabby Piscatteli- S- Oregeon State- Now I know many of you don't know this kid, but in the few games i have watched him he has really impressed me. he is a great leader and is very good at reading the qb. had a huge game vs USC. He can play some CB and i would love to take a chance on this kid. Like other player i have mentioned he has played a lot and has been a Pac 10 honerable metion 3 times. i like his character and would be great for marinneli.

Round 6-BPA
Round 7 BPA

After looking at this mock you may wonder, where is the defensive line help. this is a major issue and i am aware of that. there is a good posibilty that in the first we may take Gaines Adams or Queton Moses. Remember that it is VERY early and everything will change before the draft in late April. I hope you enjoy this mock. please constructive critisism.

Kiper Jr. Jr.[/b]

Many Thanks to miafins23, for graciously letting me use this sweet sig
Go Lions???

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this mock. except for the Calvin Johnson pick, and I disagree with your reasoning (KJ being third in receptions). The Martz offense is known to throw the ball to the RB, Marshall Faulk had 80+ receptions four years straight under Martz. Don't get me wrong, CJ would be huge for this offense, but the lions have much bigger needs that must be addressed if they want to win some games. The lions will need to address the WR possition at some point, i say wait for guys like Rob Meachum, Manningham, DeSean Jackson...

Also if Calvin Johnson is avialable, there WILL be a very good trade down opportunity (Cleveland, 2004), well maybe not that good, but close. That extra pick could go a long way as far as filling in an extra possition of need.

I like the Anthony Waters pick, He's perfect for this deffense, but the injury history is a problem. so I would wait untill the fourth to see if he's still avialable.

I also like the Piscitelli pick.
Kiper Jr. Jr.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Lions??? wrote:
I like this mock. except for the Calvin Johnson pick, and I disagree with your reasoning (KJ being third in receptions). The Martz offense is known to throw the ball to the RB, Marshall Faulk had 80+ receptions four years straight under Martz. Don't get me wrong, CJ would be huge for this offense, but the lions have much bigger needs that must be addressed if they want to win some games. The lions will need to address the WR possition at some point, i say wait for guys like Rob Meachum, Manningham, DeSean Jackson...

Also if Calvin Johnson is avialable, there WILL be a very good trade down opportunity (Cleveland, 2004), well maybe not that good, but close. That extra pick could go a long way as far as filling in an extra possition of need.

I like the Anthony Waters pick, He's perfect for this deffense, but the injury history is a problem. so I would wait untill the fourth to see if he's still avialable.

I also like the Piscitelli pick.

its not just that jones is third in recieptions its that after him, there is NO ONE.

Many Thanks to miafins23, for graciously letting me use this sweet sig
Laimbrane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Calvin Johnson. Because the offense is clearly the problem.
qball8001

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at 4 CJ will not be there. HE is a top three pick.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
at 4 CJ will not be there. HE is a top three pick.

I agree. If he is there he would be hard to let go, but we do have greater areas of need. I'd like to see us eventually take an offensive linemen that can come in and be here for a while so KJ can have a hole to run through. I would also like us to draft a playmaking safety. Bullocks is a solid pick, but if we could draft a stud at FS we could move bullocks to SS even though kennedy has a few years left on his deal. It depends on how Kennedy plays the rest of the season. It most likely won't happen, but thats what I would do if I was the GM. I like the rest of your mock though. You address key areas of need. Nice job.
D-LIONS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmon people we need defense!

1) D.E. Moses (u of ga) 11.5 sacks - 20 tfl
2) D.E. Adams (clemson) 9.5 sacks - 17 tfl
3) D.E. Bazuin (cmu) 16 sacks - 26 tfl

1) MLB Woodley (u of mich) 7 sacks - 14 tfl
2) MLB Alexander(okla) 5 sacks - 17 tfl

1) DB/S Landry(la.state) 69 tackles - 1 sack -3 picks
2) DB/S Griffin (texas) 124 tackles - 3 picks
3) DB/S Meriweather(miami) 88 tackles - 1 sack - 3 picks
4) DB/S Weddle (utah) 78 tackles - 4 sacks -4 picks

Defensive playmakers is a must in this draft! These guys all hit hard and are hungry for the ball...Give me any of these 2 in the first 2 rounds and I would be happy.
nb5005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D-LIONS wrote:

Defensive playmakers is a must in this draft! These guys all hit hard and are hungry for the ball...Give me any of these 2 in the first 2 rounds and I would be happy.

First off we are not going to pick any of those Safties because we got Kenoy and Daniel. LaMarr Woodley is an Outside Linebacker but with Marinelli as our coach I see him taking a defensive lineman in the first two. I like Alan Branch alot maybe we could trade down and still get him. I personally think we need to draft a RT and LG in this up coming draft even if it has two be the first and second round picks. Our team will continue to lose without protection.
One

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaMarr Woodley is a defensive end.
D-LIONS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nb5005 wrote:
D-LIONS wrote:

First off we are not going to pick any of those Safties because we got Kenoy and Daniel. LaMarr Woodley is an Outside Linebacker but with Marinelli as our coach I see him taking a defensive lineman in the first two. I like Alan Branch alot maybe we could trade down and still get him. I personally think we need to draft a RT and LG in this up coming draft even if it has two be the first and second round picks. Our team will continue to lose without protection.

Branch would be a nice fit. Woodley goes after the ball he could easily be a force as a MLB in the NFL. (6'2" 269 lbs) Sims and Bailey on the outside and Woodley inside would be a very impressive LB core, (Lehman and Lewis rotating in).

All 4 DB/S listed could be playmaking corners and definate upgrades for the Lions.

A pass rushing end has been a real need for years!!!!!!!

Our offense obviously needs some help, but we have been able to move the ball.. The Lions defense could not stop the NY JETS !!

We need to be thinking defensive playmakers.
D-LIONS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One wrote:

LaMarr Woodley played OLB in high school and his first 3 years in college.

6'2" 269lbs with good speed and an eye for the ball is a perfect OLB in a 3-4 scheme or a MLB in a 4-3 Scheme. Just my opinion.
nb5005

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One wrote:

I know he is but for NFL Draft Purposes OLB.
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laimbrane wrote:

I hope that's sarcasm.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diezjabronie wrote:
Laimbrane wrote:

I hope that's sarcasm.

Our Defense is 29th in points against
Our Offense is 25th in scoring

Our Defense lets up 350 yds per game
Our Offense gets 327 yds per game

On 3rd down we let the other team convert 40.2% of the time

I would say that both are clearly the problem and that we need some good things to start going our way.
LionsFan01

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of bringing in Branch to play next to Rogers. Those two could be absolutely dominating on the inside. I think more push inside could also help the ends get some more pressure. Hall hasn't been bad at all this year, but Edwards isn't playing at near the level he was last season. Unless the pick is Johnson, the Lions have to go defense in the first round.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: