Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OT a Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: OT a Problem Reply with quote

When your starting RT is 3rd round pick with little experience, theres a problem.Also the depth is bad. Barret Brooks is not good enough.With everyone worrying about OLB and WR, i believe a OT is our biggest need followed by a tie with DE AND CB at #2. The 6-10 year with Todd Fordhm and an underachieving Oliver Ross at RT was a nightmare.They thought they could get by with unproven talent then also.Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.
DeuceFan26

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you hit that one right on, the Steelers have a QB who needs time, it made Big Ben look like a veteran last year, if the line is bad he won't look as good, the running game should still be strong......if the line is.... I think with a good pick or two this team could be a superbowl champ.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your the first to actually agree with me.i know O-line and D-line picks aren't the flashiest but those picks are the reason the steelers are one of the best teams in the league.
With this 3 round mock of the steelers, i think a Super Bowl Ring is quite possible.

1. Chris Terry-OT Syracuse-Solid starter for years
2. Matt Jones-WR/TE Arkansas- Physical Specimen. Can be used as steelers see fit.Also wouldn't mind DE Chris Canty whose a great 3-4 end.
3.Brandon Jacobs-RB Southern Illinois- If Bettis retires, definite need, possibly higher.Even if he doesn't, bettis is up there in age, staley is good but injury prone, parker and haynes are unproven as full-time backs.
Canada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhhhhhh yeah.

I think that Elton Brown could help in this area. I know he played G but I think he has the ability to move to RT. He has real good athletism for a guy that big. He can destroy in the run game but probaly needs some help being outside in Pass Protection.

Who knows.....June 1st cuts might land us some depth.
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd rather not wait on the chance to get an over-paid veteran or an unproven player. Good idea though.

The Elton Brown idea is a good one.Never thought of that. He might be there when the Steelers pick.
Canada

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He could be this years version of Max Starks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: