Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Peyton Manning vs Dan Marino
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thatcoolguy_22

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Peyton Manning vs Dan Marino Reply with quote

a little article I found

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6656788/

Who is better?

stats are the median of their 1st 8 seasons

Peyton's stats for the 1st 8 seasons...

comp----att-----yards----tds----INT----comp %----4th quater comebacks

346------542-----4149----31----- 16-----64----------26

QB rating

Marino's...
comp----att-----yards----tds----int-----comp %-----4th quater comebacks

312 -----522----3927-----30-----17-----59.2 --------37 (this is career)

QB Rating

As of right now I'm leaning towards Peyton. However, Marino has never had nearly as much of a running game as what the Edge/Faulk combo provided for our beloved gun slinger.

In the end though they will be the best 2 qb's hands down but, Peyton will have the ever elusive Superbowl victory... Very Happy
seriously27

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY for stats. No one on this site but colts fans will ever say that Peyton Manning is better than Marino because they never want to admit that Manning is that good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well based on those stats Peyton has preformed marginally better to this point in his career. There’s your answer. Wink

I do not think there is really any point talking about who is better between the two now. I think that we will just have to wait until Mannings career is over until we can really look at things properly.
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prince.Malachi wrote:
Well based on those stats Peyton has preformed marginally better to this point in his career. There’s your answer. Wink

I do not think there is really any point talking about who is better between the two now. I think that we will just have to wait until Mannings career is over until we can really look at things properly.

i agree... Manning takes the first 8 season cahmpionship, but Marino holds the career becuase Manning hasnt finished his yet....

I think by the end of it, manning will break most every passing record there is to be broken.

Hank Hill wrote:
Is there anything beer can't do?

Don't Click Here!
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well.. until he wins a championship..... uh wait, Marino didn't win one either, forget about it

Marino right now is the best 'stat wise', but if Peyton can surpass some of those stats and win a championship (or 2,3,4,5,6 Wink ) then he's the All Time best. But until then we get to watch one of the best in the game
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
manning18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton Manning could very well go down as the greatest QB to ever play the game of football if he were to get a ring or two.
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manning18 wrote:
Peyton Manning could very well go down as the greatest QB to ever play the game of football if he were to get a ring or two.

I think he only needs one ring... because if he doesnt get it, he will always be mixed in with Marino... also he was better than a number of other QB's that he will be lumped with if he doesnt get the ring. Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw.... although they are a level down they would all have something that Manning doesnt.

Hank Hill wrote:

Don't Click Here!
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manning18 wrote:

Yep.

He's relied on so much in that Indy offense and is easily the best QB in the NFL right now and if his career continues like it has then he will smash some of Marino's records...

Always seems to choke in the playoffs though.
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:
manning18 wrote:

Yep.

He's relied on so much in that Indy offense and is easily the best QB in the NFL right now and if his career continues like it has then he will smash some of Marino's records...

Always seems to choke in the playoffs though.

All but the last comment i agree with... If he "choked" last year i would like somone to point it out to me... He Has played really bad play off games in the past but last year vs The Steelers the o-line played Horribly and the Colts were outcoached. Manning did all he could to save that game, including giving Vanderjagt all the opportunities needed to put the game into overtime.

Besides havent you noticed a trend? If you beat the Colts in the playoffs your going to win the superbowl... If we can get to the Superbowl wed probably win it, but we just have to ge there.

Hank Hill wrote:

Don't Click Here!
mozwanted

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously27 wrote:
YAY for stats. No one on this site but colts fans will ever say that Peyton Manning is better than Marino because they never want to admit that Manning is that good.

manning is going to be the best qb in nfl history when hes done

hes only 30 years old i see him winning 2 superbowls

the defense has young superstars in making
mozwanted

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did u know manning holds the single season record for comeback td wins i think its 6 in 1999
Barnett56

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously27 wrote:

I'm not a Colts fan, I don't particularly like Manning, I believe he's better than Marino.

The real question is, which is the better QB, Manning, or Favre? Very Happy
trainmap

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In time we will be able to tell. I think that at this stage, I'd still give Marino the edge over Manning, but Manning has the posibility to go down as the greatest QB to ever play the game. I just want to point out that we as Colts fans are very very lucky.

The fact that our QB is so great is a lucky thing and we should just be grateful for such a player. We could've been set back a few years had we taken Leaf over Manning! Shocked Razz
Barnett56

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trainmap wrote:
In time we will be able to tell. I think that at this stage, I'd still give Marino the edge over Manning, but Manning has the posibility to go down as the greatest QB to ever play the game. I just want to point out that we as Colts fans are very very lucky.

The fact that our QB is so great is a lucky thing and we should just be grateful for such a player. We could've been set back a few years had we taken Leaf over Manning! Shocked Razz

Just pray that the Colts organization doesn't decide to take away all of Peyton's protection and options in one offseason like the Packers did to Favre. It sucks.
Prince.Malachi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
trainmap wrote:

Just pray that the Colts organization doesn't decide to take away all of Peyton's protection and options in one offseason like the Packers did to Favre. It sucks.

Ya that was really tough especially how they gutted the line. I don't think it will happen. Well they already have his options all locked up for a long time. Their guards are always late round picks so it is never that much of a problem to replace or pay them. Though Saturday (31 yrs old) and T Glenn 30 yrs old) will probably retire before Peyton is out of here. Saturday would be hard to replace just because he is so important for figuring out protections and communicating with Manning. Glenn is also great at what he does. I am sure the Colts would use a high draft pick on a center or LT if that was necessary.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: