Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Green Bay interested in QB....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Green Bay interested in QB.... Reply with quote

Dolphins fan here with some info from an "inside source"

The Green Bay Packers have expressed a lot of interest in David Greene - QB - Georgia. The dolphins and Packers both had him do some unscripted drills and I believe that both will return to do private workouts.

What do ya'll think of him in GB??
FF Member #1000
Billy007Madison

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: I dont want greene Reply with quote

I hope we dont get him. I just dont think hell be able to throw in lambeaus stadium and defenses will be able to take away the 5 yard passes. We need a quarterback that has the arm strength to make the defense pay and greene has ducks that flutter when he throws it deep. And you cant compare him to tom brady because brady has the arm strength to throw it deep.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we draft Adrian McPerson if anything. I also wouldn't be opposed at taking Charlie Frye in the second round.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

david greene will be lucky to make the team. I can see it now " georgia force QB david greene threw 3 touchdowns in last nights game against the new york dragons"
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any explanations of why you don't like him??
FF Member #1000
mr.knowitall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
Any explanations of why you don't like him??
D.Greene's arm is really underrated I think he would be a great fit along with Walter he might have the strongest arm out of all of the QBs this year. I know they talked to the 49ers about the #1 pick but didn't have enough to offer them. But I think they will definately try to move upt to get the 2nd overall QB taken. They should take one of the 2 top rated QBs and have him sitting behind Favre and when ever Favre decides to retire they can get their man right in their with no questions because he'll have experience in the offense and players. That would be best. Although there are some good QBs coming in nest years draft.
duxrule

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see it happening. 1st...D needs too much help to waste time trading up for a guy that may or may not play NEXT year. 2nd Bretts wife is doing better and he still threw for 30 TD's again last season, meaning he's still not doing all bad, and may hang around more than a year. You can stay where yer at in the draft and get a 2 year project. (Frye is 2nd rounder, Orton maybe later)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: