Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade down mock draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Trade down mock draft Reply with quote

OK we trade down with the cards or skins and they give us another second round pick.

1 Barron OT (safest pick that does not have good depth in this years draft)
2 Matt Jones WR ( hey why not)
2 Bryan McFadden CB (very agressive with good skills)
3 Jerome Mathis WR (super fast)
3 Michael Boley LB (speed at LB)
4 Ryan Moats RB ( Barry Sanders clone)
4 Brandon Browner S (not CB 6'3" 221 around 4.6 thats a safety)
5 Ronald Bartwell CB( this guy i big for a CB with great speed 6'1" 210)
6 DE (dont know too many pass the top ten DE's)
7 Joel Dressen TE (Reminds me of Meier)

what do u guys think????
for u guys thinkin about browner, hes projected to safety with his measurables and with the rising of Fabian Washington, McFadden, Miller, Jackson, Green it pushes Browner out of the way. I know everybody is think that he'll go sooner but i dont think he will, and he only played 2 years of college ball. Just let me know what you think...
Yankees05

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Trade down mock draft Reply with quote

titans#1fan wrote:
OK we trade down with the cards or skins and they give us another second round pick.

1 Barron OT (safest pick that does not have good depth in this years draft)
2 Matt Jones WR ( hey why not)
2 Bryan McFadden CB (very agressive with good skills)
3 Jerome Mathis WR (super fast)
3 Michael Boley LB (speed at LB)
4 Ryan Moats RB ( Barry Sanders clone)
4 Brandon Browner S (not CB 6'3" 221 around 4.6 thats a safety)
5 Ronald Bartwell CB( this guy i big for a CB with great speed 6'1" 210)
6 DE (dont know too many pass the top ten DE's)
7 Joel Dressen TE (Reminds me of Meier)

what do u guys think????
for u guys thinkin about browner, hes projected to safety with his measurables and with the rising of Fabian Washington, McFadden, Miller, Jackson, Green it pushes Browner out of the way. I know everybody is think that he'll go sooner but i dont think he will, and he only played 2 years of college ball. Just let me know what you think...

Pretty decent, but Matt Jones is not a good pick in the 2nd round. Why not? He is a risk who did not even play TE or WR much, if at all, in college. If we should take a risk that early, we should draft McPherson instead.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither did Tyrone Calico or Drew Bennett....6'6" 240 with 4.38 speed. You cant pass that up...
seminoles1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calico actually did play WR in college. He is MTSU's second all-time leading receiver. The link is on the front page of www.titansonline.com
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm.... Calico started playing LB. And then he played WR. The stats arent amazing.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he still had pretty decent numbers for a 3 year starter at MTSU. 194 catches, 2,636 yards and 17 TD's.
TitansGuru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are very good stats considering the number of games they play. Not eye-popping, but very very solid.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats cool, but what about the mock draft?
Burton

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, were not going to pick a QB so don't put McPherson in there. Also I would switch the Matt Jones and McFadden picks because I think Jones is a borderline 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder and McFadden is projected as a solid 2nd rounder. Also, I really like Brandon Browner and the fact he could play CB and FS, however I've seen him up into the first round, I doubt he's dropped all the way down to the fourth.

With the 3rd pick in the first round the Tennessee
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But look at the CBs in front of Browner.. Thats why Browner will slide do to his bad 40. Randy Starks was projected in the 1st round last year the the Bengals and we ended up getting him in the third... Browner got pushed way back do to the other CBs. You'll be surprised...
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we could take two OT's in this draft. Hopkins' cap number for 06 is pretty high, as is Olson's for some reason. Bell could replace Olson. I realize they could both restructure but you don't want to be relying on that. Plus, that starts us down that path we just finished.

If you haven't seen the '06 cap numbers, they are on titanscentral.net:

http://www.titanscentral.net/2006SALARYCAP.html
TitansGuru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Benji's figure is reflecting the maximum amount he could receieve with all of the bonuses being awarded.

Last edited by TitansGuru on Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Marcus Johnson from Ol' Miss would be a good pick in the draft if we dont go OT with the first.
titans#1fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our draft will be 65% defense. We have more holes on D than on O. We lost Kearse, Carter,Rolle, Dyson and maybe Shulters. And if people think we are goin to load up on O is just flat out retarted. WE got more playmakers plus Chow on Offense.
If we get DJ with out first, i would be jumpin for joy. I think we'll get S and LB before we go CB.
But Reese has the philosophy of not getting LBs in the top ten. And Fish has to figure out a way to fit DJ in the D.

The Colts wide run with Edge will be shut down if we got DJ.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you about our defense needing more playmakers, but our offense does need some warm bodies. Hop is all but gone next year. Those cap numbers generally include easily reached incentive clauses (ones that have been previously reached) so that Olson number is probably accurate. I like our OLine this year, but we need to start grooming some backups and future replacements.

We have 2 WR's on the roster right now, correct? I'm guessing we might need a few more before training camp opens.

We need another RB too... preferably one with some size. Brown was horrible on 3rd and 1 last year. He's just not a good short-yardage back.

That's at least five picks right there, no?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: