Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

One more mock by: Kiwi "Tell me what ya think."
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you grade this packers draft?
A
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
B
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
C
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
D
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
F
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: One more mock by: Kiwi "Tell me what ya think." Reply with quote

Offseason
1. Resign Aaron Kampman DE

2. Resign Najeh Davenport HB

3. Resign Kevin Barry OT

4. Resign Craig Nall QB

5. Sign Anthony Simmons MLB

6. Resign Bubba Franks TE

The Draft

Round One. FS Brodney Pool, Oklahoma HT:6'3 WT:210
Why- With the losing of Sharper and the pick up of Anthony Simmons we go with Sharpers replacement. Brodney Pool is a awesome athlete he combines speed, tackling, and hands to make a very dangerous weapon he should fall to us here.

Round Two. DE Chris Canty, Virginia HT:6'7 WT:290
Why- We need this one bad Kampman is a great player with lots of hart. He will fight with Kampman to be the starter for next year Canty uses strength and speed to make a beast at the DE spot. He will become one of our greats out there on defense.

Round Two. OG Dan Buenning, Wisconsin HT:6'4 WT:320
Why- Well since we have gotten a safety, defensive end, and linebacker we go with the next need guard. Dan is a big wisconsin boy he is a great run blocker and that is what we are going to need he will add great depth or become a great starter. I see him as a bigger Whale.

Round Three. SS
James Butler, Georgia Tech HT:6'3 WT: 210
Why- Mark Roman was horriable he couldn't cover anybody James Butler is a huge upgrade here. Him along Carrol, Thomas, and Pool will be good for years to come. Butler reminds me of Sharper with his ball hawk skills he is very good in coverage and should excel.

Round Four. ILB James (Boomer) Grigsby HT:5'11 WT: 245
Why- Anthony Simmons is getting older and may not be a great pick up. Boomer is a solid tackler who believes strongly in his abilitys to play. He was one of the best in the AA and could become a very solid player. He can play of ST this year and may become a starter the next.

Round Five. WR Larry Brackins, Pearl River Community College HT:6'4 WT:220
Why- Javon Walker is comming into his contract year and we might be able to pay him. Also Donald Driver is getting up there in the years so it would be wise to get a project WR. Brackins has everything you look for in a WR hieght, speed, and hands now all he needs is experience.

Round Six. TE Bo Scaife, Texas
HT:6'2 WT:249
Why-We might not have Bubba next year and we need better depth then we have now. Bo is a good WR type TE he has soft hands and could be a threat in the endzone. He could become a very good weapon in the two set formation.

Round Seven. HB Ryan Grant, Notre Dame HT:6'1 WT:215
Why- Ahman Green might not be here for long and we would need alot of depth. Grant was over shined by JJ and then this year that freshmen he could become a good number 2 back. He has good hands and decent speed.
byzr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i gave it a B. like all the signings but the only place that i have a concern with is darfting a G that high. i think our defensive needs are to great to take pretty much anything but 3 defenders in the first 2 rounds. we're picking up O Linemen like they're going out of style and i really think that Barry and Grey will be able to step and not so much replae Wahle and Rivera but fill/protect Favre and Green. i'd like to see us take E. Shazor somewhere in the second round and see what bates would do with his size and tackling.

would you take Crowder in the second round if he's available?

1)Pool/Brimmer
2)Canty
2)Shazor
3)Butler

and i pretty much like your selections after that. i would just address nothign but defense in the first three because it lookes like TT is trying to take care of the O-Line through FA.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IT is ok.

I am not sure of the first couple of picks, but it is okay.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simmons is an outside backer, not a middle backer. He has played outside throughout his carreer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked your draft till i saw us taking a guard that high. I think that with one of our second rounders we should get a MLB like Thurman or Ruud. I can say pretty confidently that I believe if Pool is availible with the 24th pick, we will take him. That is unless Marcus Spears falls to us. You say that Grigsby was one of the best in AA. Joey Thomas was considered the best corner in AA last year and he didn't make an impact anywhere this year. I'm not bashing on him or anything, I just think we need players who have experiance of playing with players of their ability level. Also, I wouldn't take a RB if you have Davenport resigning with the team. Draft there for more defensive depth.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't see us drafting a gurad that high!? I wan't to try and get Elton Brown or David Baas with our first second rounder. Many drafts have them being taken in succession a couple picks before our first second rounder. I say we try and trade up a few slots if they are there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Simmons is an outside backer, not a middle backer. He has played outside throughout his carreer.

Yeah he is Rush but he also has played Middle in his career also.

Quote:
I really liked your draft till i saw us taking a guard that high.

Well I had one high because we would have gotten a LB from FA the FS and DE in our first two picks. So we could take a OG there with our second 2.

Quote:
You say that Grigsby was one of the best in AA. Joey Thomas was considered the best corner in AA

You have a point but Grigsby is a good solid tackler with a lot of skills. You can't judge him intill you see him in the pros. I think Joey will have a impact this year.

~Mozilla on the sig~
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did he play middle? Even if he did, we wouldn't play him in the middle if we brought him in. He has been playing outside for the past couple years at least, and we wouldn't go through the trouble of chanings Barnett and Simmons positions if we didn't have to.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with several of the posters... taking an OL that early would be a mistake.

OL talent, especially at G, is easy to find in the mid to late rounds. We've had success for a very long time doing so... no reason to burn a 2nd round pick this year.

I think our recent additions of Klemm and O'Dwyer further solidify our first three or four rounds will be on defensive talent.

As mentioned, Thurman would be a great 2nd round choice... as would about any defensive player available.

Overall, very good draft... I would prefer we took a DE in round one and addressed our secondary in round two, but would be happy if we focus on defense in general.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that of Poole is available at pick number 24, we should take him. He is the best safety in the draft, and most of the better d-ends in the draft will be taken. Plus, there is a lot of depth in the d-end position this year. We could find a great d-end in round two.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush,

I agree if we do get Simmons he would play outside. I think Pool would be a geat pick up with pick 24. He has height, speed, and is a solid tackler.
I think after we get a safety, defensive end, and linebacker we will get a OG. In mine I had us getting Simmons out of FA, Pool and Canty in the draft so then we would go to the guard spot. Klemm is still hurt so I think Buenning would be a good pick up. But if we don't get Simmons then we would not get Buenning we would get Thurman, Morrison, or Ruud.

~Mozilla on the sig~
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we won't even try to get a guard early in the draft. If we start Klemm, that takes care of one spot, and the other spot will probably be manned by Kevin Barry. I have read numerous reports now about how the Packers are going to try him at guard. I think that he will play very well there.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still not sold on Canty.
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwi, is there anyway that you could post Canty's college stats in this thread? It would help out a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure here they are

Year ToT TFl QBS

2001 23 1 0

2002 86 17 2

2003 104 12 4

~Mozilla on the sig~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: