Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Ravens Mock(3/22)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: New Ravens Mock(3/22) Reply with quote

As the rest of my past mocks have been, the ravens trade the 22nd overall pick for a 2nd, 5th and 2006 1st. (Exactly the same deal as the Bills/Cowboys trade last year from the same spot, 22nd) We then trade our 2 5th round picks for another 4th(Im having trouble finding good 5th round prospects fiting us). Did this out of boredom so if you disagree with stuff go easy on criticism. thanks. Alot of these picks are unrealistic, beacuase like i said, i did this just for fun. il create a more serious mock in the nest few days.

2a- Daryll Blackstock, OLB, Virginia[6-3, 240, 4.67 forty] Most project Blackstock as a better 3-4 OLB, however I really think this guy can be the next Peter Boulware. Blackstock has excellent speed and instincts when it comes to rushing the passer. Plays sideline to sideline like Ray does, hes great as changing direction and shedding blockers. Played against top competition in the tough ACC. If he is available for this pick, he is the BPA in my mind. If he has a good camp, he could be out Thomas for the starting job, or Thomas could switch to DE. If Boulware is traded, Blackstock is his immediate replacement.

2b- Adam Terry, OT, Syracuse [6-8, 315, 5.23 forty] This guy is an atheletic monster. Hes got long arms to keep defenders off of his body and is even taller the Ogden. Understands blitz pick ups and is quick off his feet. Hes a better pass blocker then a run blocker, but we need that as most of our linemen are better run blockers. Terry is a three year starter at Syracuse. Again, Terry is the BPA and could be ready to take over for Zeus in a year or 2.

3- Eric Green, CB, VaTech[5-11, 200, 4.43 forty] Even if Deon plays 1 more year, weve got nothing after him. Green is shutdown corner and all around great athelete. Had 143 tackles, 8 INTs, and 3 blocked kicks and returned 2 INTs and 1 blocked punt for touchdowns. Green is a willing tackler but sometime to willing and he overcommits, takes bad pursuit angles and sometimes goes for a big hit rather then just getting his man down. Would be a great assett to the Ravens secondary as a nickelback.

4a- Chris Spencer, C/G, Ole Miss[6-4, 310, 5.34 forty] Strong versatile linemen that can play both Center and Guard. Understands blitz pick up. Spencer is tough, aggresive driveblocker that plays with an angry passion. Aggresivenes sometimes leads to penalities and although he plays both guard and center he has only started 15 total games before deciding to enter the draft as a junior, also needs to work on getting off the ball faster. Would serve as a 2nd or 3rd string guard and as Flynns backup as center taking over the void left by Rabach.

4b- Robert McCune, MLB, Lousville[6-0, 245, 4.52 forty] Hard hitting physical LB. Very strong and fast. Lacks the the insticts most MLBs have, doesnt always react quick enough. Will be an 'old' rookie at 26 becasue of serving with the national guard. Would have to time to learn the little thing of the position behind Ray and could push for the 2nd string MLB spot. Might not be availablea at this time, but if he is, hes deifnetly the BPA and the ravens trade up for such a talent that fell.

6a- Dustin Fox, DB, Ohio St.[5-11, 190, 4.56 forty] Instictive corner that is good at jamming and uses his hands well. Reliable in run support, solid tackler. Can get beat by faster recievers and has trouble changing directions. Could project as a FS or CB. For the Ravens he could serve as Demps' backup and provide some depth at CB.

6b- Sione Pouha, DT, Utah[6-3, 330, 5.16 forty] Classic run stuffing DT. Big and strong. Has no problem taking on double teams. Quick off of the ball and can change directions easily. Has little pass rush ability and would be a 26 year old rookie after taking 2 years off for a church mission. Could have a large roll in our defensive scheme providing us with another big man to eat up blockers.

7- Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB, Harvard[6-3, 220, 4.91 forty]. Intelligent and athletic QB. Suprisingly productive. Sometimes makes poor decisions when under pressure, played against lowerlevel competition. Would serve as our 3rd string QB.

Projected Depth Chart:

QB: Kyle Boller---Anthony Wright---Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB: Jamal Lewis---Chester Taylor---Musa Smith
FB: Alan Ricard---Ovie Mughelli
TE: Todd Heap---Dan Wilcox---Darnell Dinkins---Trent Smith
WR: Derrick Mason---Clarence Moore---Randy Hymes---Devard Darling---FA Pickup after june 1st
OT: Jon Ogden---Orlando Brown---Adam Terry---Ethan Brooks(or other FA)---Tony Pashos
OG: Edwin Mulitalu---Keydrick Vincent---Chris Spencer---Brian Rimpf
C: Mike Flynn---Chris Spencer

4-3 Defense
DE: Terrell Suggs---Adalius Thomas---Tony Weaver---Jarret Johnson
DT: Kelly Gregg---Dwan Edwards---Maake Kemoeatu---Sione Pouha
OLB: Peter Boulware---Daryll Blackstock---Rod Green---Cornell Brown
MLB: Ray Lewis---TJ Slaughter---Robert McCune
CB: Chris McAllister---Samari Rolle---Deon Sanders---Eric Green---Dustin Fox
FS: Will Demps---Dustin Fox
SS: Ed Reed---Chad Williams

K: Matt Stover
P: Dave Zastudill
LS: Joe Maese
KR: BJ Sams

Last edited by raven5255 on Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ExtremRavens

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2a- Daryll Blackstock, OLB, Virginia[6-3, 240, 4.67 forty] Most project Blackstock as a better 3-4 OLB, however I really think this guy can be the next Peter Boulware. Blackstock has excellent speed and instincts when it comes to rushing the passer. Plays sideline to sideline like Ray does, hes great as changing direction and shedding blockers. Played against top competition in the tough ACC. If he is available for this pick, he is the BPA in my mind. If he has a good camp, he could be out Thomas for the starting job, or Thomas could switch to DE. If Boulware is traded, Blackstock is his immediate replacement.
=================================
Blackstock is a first round projection. If not, he will be in the first 5 picks in the second.
ExtremRavens

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE: Terrell Suggs---Adalius Thomas---Tony Weaver---Jarret Johnson
================================
Adalius Thomas has a zero chance of being moved to DE. He will be our linebacker. Also T.J Slaughter is being moved to outside linebacker as reports have been saying this.
HillHawks02

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prob jump out the window if thats how the ravens drafted this year...even though my window is on the first floor.
raven5255

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i know a lot of picks are unrealistc, but like i said, i did it just for some fun out of boredom, im going to be making a serious mock sometime in the next few days.

Quote:
Adalius Thomas has a zero chance of being moved to DE.

Really? Is that a proven fact or is it just your opinion?

Quote:
Also T.J Slaughter is being moved to outside linebacker as reports have been saying this.

yes you told me this last time and i will tell you the samne thing in response. the only things ive seen are that Slaughter is MLB, untill i see otherwise, im not changing it. im not gonna base my thoughts on some else that just popped onto this forum 2 days ago. no offense, but i dont consider you a reliable source. if mic79e or swedishraven or someone thats been on here for a while said that i would take it, but not someone who joined 2 days ago and wont show me his source.
ExtremRavens

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i know a lot of picks are unrealistc, but like i said, i did it just for some fun out of boredom, im going to be making a serious mock sometime in the next few days.

Quote:
Adalius Thomas has a zero chance of being moved to DE.

Really? Is that a proven fact or is it just your opinion?

====================================
i made a mock draft a few days ago so i'll post mine, it's kind of bad but im an amatuer after all.

No it's a fact, i promise you. If we move adlius to end, thats pushing either suggs orweaver off the playing field. ISnt going to happen. Now thats not to say he will take one play every once in a long while which he has done before, but his title WILL be LB.

I dont care if you consider me reliable, is saw that report on T.J Slaughter at Cbssportsline.com and BAltimoreRavens.com.
raven5255

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant find anything on Slaughter anywhere. All im going off of is this http://www.baltimoreravens.com/template.php?subsection=depth_chart&section=press
anyways about Thomas, i think the Ravens like Ryan said will not have a true base formation and if they do im hoping for the 4-6. Therefore Thomas could play both DE and LB depending on the formations and the situations.
ExtremRavens

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4-6? THe basic formations are 4-3 and 3-4. If we did a 4-6, our passing defense would get "raped". Unless im misunderstanding you...
TSizzle55UMD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Ravens Mock Draft Reply with quote

I am going to do a mock draft based upon the fact that the Ravens will want to have a 1st round draft pick. However I am in favor of trading our pick for a 2nd rounder in 2005 and a 1st rounder in 2006.

1. Travis Johnson (DT, FSU) Real 4-3 tackle who can take on double teams with his strength to allow Gregg to get in the backfield. *(acquired the 17th pick from the Bengals for a 2nd in 2006).

2. Chris Henry (WR, WVU) or Reggie Brown (WR, UGA) Either of these guys can come in and play the slot position for the Ravens, further taking pressure off of Heap and Mason.

3. Donte Nicholson (S, OU) Another safety who can play the pass and lock down a slot WR, but brings the payload when he hits at 6'2" 210.

4. CJ Brooks (OG, UMD) An all-american candidate at Maryland hurt by the fact that the team did not make a bowl game. could be a steal.

5. Eric Shelton (RB, LOU) tough determined running back who could easily work his way into the number two spot given time.

6. Ben Wilkerson (C, LSU) may need some time to bulk up but with Flynn signed for a while he could be groomed into a starter.

7. Ryan Fitzpatrick (QB, HAR) very intelligent and athletic, solid third string QB who could develop.

Without trading this appears to be a good mock of how the draft can pan out.
raven5255

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
4-6? THe basic formations are 4-3 and 3-4. If we did a 4-6, our passing defense would get "raped". Unless im misunderstanding you...

No, im talking about the 4-6. Rex Ryan said he would consider using the 4-6 once we signed Rolle. Ryan's father practically created the 4-6 defense in Philidelphia. The reason he brought the 4-6 up is because with 2 probowl corners and Ed reed the pass defense WONT get rapped, because our corners are so good plus we have Reed and fast LBs to drop into coverage. We discussed this issue before you joined. look up some of the earlier posts on the 46 for further information.
ExtremRavens

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, im talking about the 4-6. Rex Ryan said he would consider using the 4-6 once we signed Rolle. Ryan's father practically created the 4-6 defense in Philidelphia. The reason he brought the 4-6 up is because with 2 probowl corners and Ed reed the pass defense WONT get rapped, because our corners are so good plus we have Reed and fast LBs to drop into coverage. We discussed this issue before you joined. look up some of the earlier posts on the 46 for further information.
====================================
o i thought he called it 46 all this time. Thanks for clearing that up. That will only work if theirs one wr though. A lot of teams wont have 1 wr sets especially knowing about Rex. I think there will be alot of 2 wr sets though so i think we will see more 4-5's.
HillHawks02

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, i would jump out the window because of how horrible the draft would be...not out of happiness.
raven5255

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
btw, i would jump out the window because of how horrible the draft would be...not out of happiness.

yea i knew what you ment the first time. why do hate it so much? I know the Blackstock pick is a little strange, but i felt like doing something different for fun
mic79e

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raven5255

Love the trade down to pick up a future 1st round pick. Daryll Blackstock, Adam Terry and Eric Green are all solid additions that I would be happy with. I really like Chris Spencer and Robert McCune but I don't know that they last into the 4th round, especially Spencer who a lot of people have as the best centre and could go in the 2nd round.

I don't know a lot about Ryan Fitzpatrick but a QB would be a good 7th round pick. Nice draft.

TSizzle55UMD

I like the first round pick, something different, and you help address the biggest weakness in our base defence, if we switch to a 4-3. I'd be pretty happy if Johnson fell to us at 22, but he won't and you got it right with trading up to 17 to take him.

I like all your second day picks (4-7) but Eric Shelton or Ben Wilkerson won't fall that far.
HillHawks02

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha its cool. I would want to come out of the draft with a lil bit more than backups. Like I've been saying, draft brodney pool, invite him to eat every night with Ray Ray and Ed and watch some videos (hint: game videos), and you've got yourself a great FS. Better than Will Demps. Thats why i don't like your draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: