Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How do we fix our O-line?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dailyshop

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: How do we fix our O-line? Reply with quote

This is our current O-line:

LT Seth Wand
LT Chester Pitts
C Steve Mckinney
RG Zach Weigert
RT Todd Wade

This is not good enough! Personally I like Pitts and Wade. But the others just aren't enough. Now every mock draft says we would draft LT Barron or LT J. Brown at #13. However I do not think that will work. Truly, we should either draft a #2 reciever or a DE/MLB. Still, drafting a C like Wilkerson or Spencer and a future replacement for Wiegert should be a priority. So how do we fix our O-line.
DomDavis37

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see Barron in a Texans uniform. I honestly believe he has all the potential to be a future ProBowl LT. Here is how I would draft it.

Alex Barron OT FSU
Ernest Shazor S Michigan
Kirk Morrison LB San Diego St.
Ben Wilkerson OC LSU
Adam Snyder OG Oregon
Courtney Roby WR Indiana
Albert Means DT Memphis
Calvin Armstrong OT Washington St.
Eric Oliver S Mississippi
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see Barron taken as well (but only if Merriman is gone, which he should be), because he would really solidify our line. I like Pitts and Wade, so he should really help. And if the draft pans out like you said, we could be in good shape for next year. Not sure about Shazor tho, his stock is dropping since he ran a slow time. A guy to keep an eye on is James Butler from Georgia Tech, he had a really good pro day and might be worth taking in the second round.
AFD1717

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sold on Barron, but they do need OL help BAD. I'd rather see them take a guy like David Baas or Adam Terry in round two. If Khalif Barnes slips to them in round two, they should jump all over him, but that won't happen.
texansfan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Barron might be the best tackle in the draft, but I don't think the dropoff is that significant that a guy in the 2nd or 3rd won't be as good. So, I think Barron is the pick in the first if none of the other guys we want on defense are around (Thomas Davis might be the pick again thanks to a good showing at his workout). But who really knows... the texans can go so many ways with their pick that my head hurts from all the scenarios.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: