You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

0 and 5 Optimism

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LionsChamps20??

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject: 0 and 5 Optimism Reply with quote

Can you really be optimistic with an 0-5 record? You can if you're a Lions fan.

Sure, we're loosing. Big surprise there. Did anyone honestly think we were going to even contend for the playoffs? With that said, for haven't won a game yet, we dont look half bad.

Our defense has been disappointing, we have no running game, we just dont have the talent. But we are playing with a hell of a lot of heart. For example, we have 3 blocked field goals so far which tells me that we are scrapping and clawing and doing whatever it takes to win. We have players like Furray who will sacrifice his body accross the middle to catch the ball. Young players like Jonathan Scott are stepping up and earning playing time. Heck, even Mike Williams, whom we have been so quick to call him a cancer, has shown good work ethic and has dropped some weight.

Marinelli is on to something. We have a considerable lack of talent on this team, but with time (and a large prayer that Millen will get his head on straight) we could actually have a team in Detroit to be proud of.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really do hope you guys can turn things around, and I believe that Marinelli is a good start. I also believe that this is tougher than he thought it would be but he will adjust I have no doubt.

I know Marinelli and Lovie Smith come from the same stock, both Dungy proteges and very good friends with similar philosphies. If Millen allows Marinelli to mold this team and gives him the players he needs then the Lions will turn things around.

I've said many times that I would love to see the North be ultra competitive like the NFC East or AFC North are. It always seems like one team is dominating the conference instead of 3 or even all 4 vying for the title. Hopefully that changes soon and I believe it will.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: 0 and 5 Optimism Reply with quote

LionsChamps20?? wrote:
Can you really be optimistic with an 0-5 record? You can if you're a Lions fan.

Sure, we're loosing. Big surprise there. Did anyone honestly think we were going to even contend for the playoffs? With that said, for haven't won a game yet, we dont look half bad.

Our defense has been disappointing, we have no running game, we just dont have the talent. But we are playing with a hell of a lot of heart. For example, we have 3 blocked field goals so far which tells me that we are scrapping and clawing and doing whatever it takes to win. We have players like Furray who will sacrifice his body accross the middle to catch the ball. Young players like Jonathan Scott are stepping up and earning playing time. Heck, even Mike Williams, whom we have been so quick to call him a cancer, has shown good work ethic and has dropped some weight.

Marinelli is on to something. We have a considerable lack of talent on this team, but with time (and a large prayer that Millen will get his head on straight) we could actually have a team in Detroit to be proud of.

Great post...And I agree 100% with everything

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to have a Win... Honestly Just give me a win.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: