Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Azumah??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beartn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Trade Azumah?? Reply with quote

From profootblltalk

"Elsewhere in the Bears' backfield, we're hearing unsubstantiated rumors that cornerback Jerry Azumah could be traded to the Jets. We ran this one by our official mole, who couldn't confirm it."
LuvChicagoSports

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Azumah will not be traded to the Jets under any circumstances. For one, making a deal with the Jets would bring nothing back to the Bears that we are in need of. They would not deal a good linebacker for Azumah. They do not have a QB or RB worth dealing for. Also, the Bears would not trade a starter for backups. If any of our corners would be dealt for backups it would be RW.

The second and more important reason as to why Azumah will not be traded is that Coach Smith loves the guy. He went as far as to call him the best athlete on the Bears and compared him to Ronde Barber who he watched become one of the best corners in the game while with Tampa. Azumah is a young talented player with great ability on a playmaking defense with a coach who loves defensive guys that make plays.
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's one of my favorite players and one of the best playmakers on the team ( if not the best) I would be VERY apset if we traded him for anything less then a 2nd round pick or a starting GOOD LB.
And tell you the truth I dont even know if I would do it then.
Los Osos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take anything on profootball talk with a grain of salt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: