You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agent CBs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenick_1999

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clements will not cost that much money Q. The lions need a corner bad. If they had one they could be at least 2-2. I still dont understand why we did not resign Goodman. He is way better then any the other corners on the team not name Dre Bly or (when he plays) Fernando Bryant.
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenick_1999 wrote:
Clements will not cost that much money Q. The lions need a corner bad. If they had one they could be at least 2-2. I still dont understand why we did not resign Goodman. He is way better then any the other corners on the team not name Dre Bly or (when he plays) Fernando Bryant.

Honestly, what makes you think that Nate Clements wants to come to the Lions after dealing with a losing team his entire NFL career?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diezjabronie wrote:
thenick_1999 wrote:

Honestly, what makes you think that Nate Clements wants to come to the Lions after dealing with a losing team his entire NFL career?

Money, moeny, money, money...MONEY. (Sing that with the beat from Trump's game show.)
Kiper Jr. Jr.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diezjabronie wrote:
I love it.

It's week 4 and were already dicussing next year's free agent crop and who the Lions will take with their top 10 (possibly top 5) pick.

i know Smile you gotta love the draft if you want to be a lions fan Laughing

Many Thanks to miafins23, for graciously letting me use this sweet sig
Oades88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]Money, moeny, money, money...MONEY. (Sing that with the beat from Trump's game show.)[/quote]

LMAO
Oades88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is about FA CB's but i didnt want to start a new thread for one comment.

I was looking through FA's for next year and Dwight Freeney is available. Corey Redding is also a FA so we could let him leave and maybe make a push for Freeney. I know we Need a solid CB, but I don't think Millen wants to get another CB. If he did he could have signed Carles Woodson this seasion but he opted not to becasue he either likes F. Bryant or he dosn't want to spent anymore more $ on CB's!!
I know people will make the argument about Freeny wanting Big $ and we already have alot of $ invested in K. Edwards, but we Need a Solid DE desperatley.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oades88 wrote:
I know this is about FA CB's but i didnt want to start a new thread for one comment.

I was looking through FA's for next year and Dwight Freeney is available. Corey Redding is also a FA so we could let him leave and maybe make a push for Freeney. I know we Need a solid CB, but I don't think Millen wants to get another CB. If he did he could have signed Carles Woodson this seasion but he opted not to becasue he either likes F. Bryant or he dosn't want to spent anymore more $ on CB's!!
I know people will make the argument about Freeny wanting Big $ and we already have alot of $ invested in K. Edwards, but we Need a Solid DE desperatley.

DE is one of those positions where you just have to pay up to get a guy who can contribute for your team. I wouldn't be against bringing in Freeny, but why would he want to come here?
Oades88

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO Good point!

Maybe Marinelli's coaching will entice him?
LionsRoar17

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that DB is the biggest need. Our backfield is just terrible, and our run defense has been much better. We need a playmaker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeny is gonna get franchised. the colts would be foolish to let him walk.
Oades88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:

Can they afford to do that, with thier Cap situation?. They'd have to pay him over 10 million to franchise him!

http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp (Cap numbers)
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oades88 wrote:
qball8001 wrote:

Can they afford to do that, with thier Cap situation?. They'd have to pay him over 10 million to franchise him!

I was wondering the same thing, and I doubt they can afford to do that. He'll probably go to the best team that can give him the most money. The colts of this year aren't as good as the colts of last year, so that may have some impact on his decision.
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Oades88 wrote:
qball8001 wrote:

I was wondering the same thing, and I doubt they can afford to do that. He'll probably go to the best team that can give him the most money. The colts of this year aren't as good as the colts of last year, so that may have some impact on his decision.

One of the main reason's that the Colts did not re-sign RB Edgerrin James last year was to save money on a long-term deal for Dwight Freeney. They are not going to let the heart and soul of their defense walk on them via free agency. It is like saying Millen would even give Shaun Rogers the chance to leave Detroit by allowing him to hit the open market. Bill Polian is not stupid. He is not going to let the best DE in the league walk. Why are we even discussing this? Do you honestly think a person like Freeney would ever consider coming to Detroit? No. End of discussion.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diezjabronie wrote:
X_Factor_40 wrote:
Oades88 wrote:
qball8001 wrote:

One of the main reason's that the Colts did not re-sign RB Edgerrin James last year was to save money on a long-term deal for Dwight Freeney.

Another main reason that they didnt resign him, was remember when they signed Reggie Wayne to that long term deal and got him locked up, so they needed money for him and Freeney.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh, it was fun while it lasted.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: