You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agent CBs
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenick_1999

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Free Agent CBs Reply with quote

Does anyone know who they are. If we brought a stud cb in and drafted Landry with our probabal top ten pick it would turn are secondary from a weakness to a strength and fix the weakest part of are team. Are D would be dominat and are O is improving. If we fix the secondary this is a playoff team.
Kiper Jr. Jr.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, the secondary' play was UNACEPTABBLE (spelling i cant even count the number of times JAmar Fletcher got burned. we have to adress the position because other than that we looked pretty good.

Many Thanks to miafins23, for graciously letting me use this sweet sig
Oades88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what I was thinking.. Drafting Landry. But how things are going it looks like we'll be picking too high for him.. Maybe we can swing a trade while everyone thinks we are terrible. Maybe get a stud CB for our pick. Mind you it'll have to be a superstud for our number one!

We could always trade down too get a few lower first rounder picks maybe. Take Landry middle of the first round, and maybe the best available CB lower in round one or early 2nd.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a list of the free agent CB's..
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nfl/freeagentsDB.html

I wouldn't rule out Landry if we have a high pick. He's going to go high, and it's a position of need.
nb5005

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper Jr. Jr. wrote:
i agree, the secondary' play was UNACEPTABBLE (spelling i cant even count the number of times JAmar Fletcher got burned. we have to adress the position because other than that we looked pretty good.

I was thinking the same thing Jamar Fletcher got burned badly so many times and why was he covering Torry Holt on that play where he tackled him in the endzone and got pass interference. The free agents that standout to myself are Nate Clemens(doubt we can get him), Nick Harper, and Asante Samuel. All would be a huge improvement over Jamar Fletcher.
Oades88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow not much out there via FA. I guess we'll have to look to the draft for a CB. I think Safty is a possability too, Landry would be an upgrade over Bullocks/Holt/and Kennedy. I know Bullocks is young and was just drafted so he wont be cut, but Kennedy and/or Holt are replaceable. There are a few good CB in next years draft namely Leon Hall and Marcus McCauley.
nb5005

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oades88 wrote:
Wow not much out there via FA. I guess we'll have to look to the draft for a CB. I think Safty is a possability too, Landry would be an upgrade over Bullocks/Holt/and Kennedy. I know Bullocks is young and was just drafted so he wont be cut, but Kennedy and/or Holt are replaceable. There are a few good CB in next years draft namely Leon Hall and Marcus McCauley.
'
Why would we replace Kenoy Kennedy when he is signed to a five year deal? Bullocks will be the starter next year at free safety. Antione Cason is the other really good cornerback and probably top rated.
Oades88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nb5005 wrote:
Oades88 wrote:
'
Why would we replace Kenoy Kennedy when he is signed to a five year deal? Bullocks will be the starter next year at free safety. Antione Cason is the other really good cornerback and probably top rated.

Actually. Kennedy is in his 2nd year of a three year deal.
nb5005

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deal that Kennoy Kennedy has is a 5 year 14 million dollar deal with a 4.4 million dollar signing bonus.
Oades88

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nb5005 wrote:
The deal that Kennoy Kennedy has is a 5 year 14 million dollar deal with a 4.4 million dollar signing bonus.

hmmm. Do u have a link. I'd love to see the whole teams salaries. I know at foxsports you can get the salary for the year but dosn't talk about the length of contract and bonus's and such.
thenick_1999

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should spend big money on Clements. He would be worth it. We are going to have to spend no matter what and there is not star corner in this draft. The lions have to over pay free agents right now and he would be worth it. If he was on the team this year we would be 2-2, possibly 3-1. Then we need to draft BPA on defense or maybe QB. I was thinking we should get Calvin Johnson, but its not worth the risk. Roy is a star and the offense looks like it is going to be pretty good this year now that they are rolling. The only thing I would like is a lineman because the runing game has been so bad, but we gave big money to backus and no other position, but LT is worth a top 10 pick.
qball8001

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Offense is not really Rolling now, They just played some really weak defensive teams. Clements wants TOP dollar, so you are going to have to pay 9-10 mil a year for him. He is going to be super expensive, why do you think the bills are gonna let him walk. Hes not that good anymore anyways. He gets burned a lot by bigger more physical wrs. He can run with the best of them though. he can tackle really well. But his cover skills are suspect at best.
nb5005

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the link:http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_previousnews.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1955
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
The Offense is not really Rolling now, They just played some really weak defensive teams. Clements wants TOP dollar, so you are going to have to pay 9-10 mil a year for him. He is going to be super expensive, why do you think the bills are gonna let him walk. Hes not that good anymore anyways. He gets burned a lot by bigger more physical wrs. He can run with the best of them though. he can tackle really well. But his cover skills are suspect at best.

You don't think that the offense played well on Sunday? I'd have to disagree with you. Roy and Furry both had big games recieving, and Jones had 2 TD's and was close to 100 yards. It was a huge step up from what we've seen in the past. Last year we couldn't get a first down. What did you see that leads you to believe that our offense wasn't successful on Sunday, and couldn't put up a good showing from now on after they seem to be catching on?
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it.

It's week 4 and were already dicussing next year's free agent crop and who the Lions will take with their top 10 (possibly top 5) pick.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: