You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WOW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thenick_1999

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diezjabronie wrote:
thenick_1999 wrote:
diezjabronie wrote:
thenick_1999 wrote:
WOW what a waste of time it was for you to post that. I am glad you contributed with that tibit because I feel a lot less intelligent just from reading it.

That wasn't necessary Nick,

You know better then that.

LionsRoar17 wrote:
We have so much talent.

No, they do not.

If this team had talent, they would not be consistently finishing third or fourth in the division. Other than Shaun Rogers, Dre Bly and Damien Woody, no player on this team cracks the top 10 in the league at their respective position (sorry, fullback and special teams do not count).

Roy Wiliams is top ten.

I did not believe you at first so I took the liberty to check out the stats at NFL.com

Roy Williams is 4th in receiving yards.

Guess I was wrong. However, it has only been four games. I will use my "get out of jail free" card until the season is over. If I am still wrong, bump this thread to clarify that Roy is indeed a top 10 WR in this league.

Will do.
LionsRoar17

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diezjabronie wrote:
thenick_1999 wrote:
WOW what a waste of time it was for you to post that. I am glad you contributed with that tibit because I feel a lot less intelligent just from reading it.

That wasn't necessary Nick,

You know better then that.

LionsRoar17 wrote:
We have so much talent.

No, they do not.

If this team had talent, they would not be consistently finishing third or fourth in the division. Other than Shaun Rogers, Dre Bly and Damien Woody, no player on this team cracks the top 10 in the league at their respective position (sorry, fullback and special teams do not count).

Or the reason the talent isnt staying consistent is because were injury proned.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are we going to win this weekend or monday whatever or what?

I can't see us going 0-5, but I can't see us beating the Vikings either so.. I't up in the air
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oades88 wrote:

You honestly believe the NFL will give us a Monday Night game?

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oades88 wrote:

I can't see us going 0-5, but I can't see us beating the Vikings either so.. I't up in the air

Not saying that you guys will beat the Vikings but I think that Detroit will put up a fight...

As long as your offense can move the ball then it should be a pretty close game since Minnesota doesn't really have one of the highest powered offenses in the NFL which should keep the score kind of low.

I'm afraid that I have to say your going to lose and go to 0-5 though. Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0-5 is 5/16sths the way to getting AP.
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qball8001 wrote:
0-5 is 5/16sths the way to getting AP.

Do you really think that you guys would go with AP as your 1st overall choice???

I think that Kevin Jones could be a great back if you brought in some good young O-Lineman to help open some more holes for him. He's still young so he could still have a huge breakout season in the near future.

It seems that the smartest move would be to get Brady Quinn as there QB of the future. Joey Harrington didn't work out but I believe that Quinn can be a star in the NFL...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It seems that the smartest move would be to get Brady Quinn as there QB of the future. Joey Harrington didn't work out but I believe that Quinn can be a star in the NFL...

I agree. Quinn would be great for you guys. Joe Thomas or Quinten Moses would be good choices as well. Unfortunately, it would not surprise me to hear "for the 1st pick in the 2007 draft, the Detroit Lions select...Mason Crosby, kicker, Colorado" <insert pic of Millen smiling>
classythomasj

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramsfan28 wrote:
Quote:

I agree. Quinn would be great for you guys. Joe Thomas or Quinten Moses would be good choices as well. Unfortunately, it would not surprise me to hear "for the 1st pick in the 2007 draft, the Detroit Lions select...Mason Crosby, kicker, Colorado" <insert pic of Millen smiling>

Well Hanson is getting old... Its bad enough the rams beat us and even worse the ram fans come in here and leave us that.
qball8001

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is borderline, no wait that is a troll. Cause that post has no relivance what so ever to this topic.

Quinn is the second coming of Joey Harrington, if you watch college football you would see that. All Lions fans know what joey was like in college, and boy did that work out.

Your post would have had some substance if you said Johnson would be our pick, because the Lions have one of the worst WR corp in the league.
Wes

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Lions end up with a top 3 or 5 pick the only offensive player i can realistically see them drafting is AP. I would be very disappointed (well not really cuz im a bears fan) IF they drafted Brady Quinn. I agree that he looks like the second coming of Harrington. You guys need to shore up your OL, or i could see you picking Joe Thomas.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wes wrote:
If the Lions end up with a top 3 or 5 pick the only offensive player i can realistically see them drafting is AP. I would be very disappointed (well not really cuz im a bears fan) IF they drafted Brady Quinn. I agree that he looks like the second coming of Harrington. You guys need to shore up your OL, or i could see you picking Joe Thomas.

I still don't think that we will take AP. He dosen't fit the martz offense, and the offensive line is a big reason why our running game has struggled. KJ isn't the problem. We took calhoun in the 3rd last year, so that pretty much rules out taking a running back. Millen won't do it because he has faith in KJ. The only offensive players I see us looking at would be Brohm, Johnson, and possibly Joe Thomas.
Oades88

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we HAVE to go D in the draft!. Our O is pretty decent. We might have to trade down a few spots, but Quinton Moses would be a great pick. Kalimba is not doing well, and I believe Redding is a FA at the end of the season, so a Stud DE would be a perfect pick. I guess we could Go DT too maybe move Cody to DE... Cause he sure isn't doing anything on the inside!

Or we could just got 12-4 and pick the BPA at the bottem of the draft.. LMAO
Laimbrane

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:

I still don't think that we will take AP. He dosen't fit the martz offense...

In all likelihood, Martz will not be here next year.
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That is borderline, no wait that is a troll. Cause that post has no relivance what so ever to this topic.

Quinn is the second coming of Joey Harrington, if you watch college football you would see that. All Lions fans know what joey was like in college, and boy did that work out.

Your post would have had some substance if you said Johnson would be our pick, because the Lions have one of the worst WR corp in the league.

Sorry about that man, I'll agree with the Millen comment being a little over the edge. However, I don't think your WR corp is "awful." I bet you guys could either pick up a great lineman, or defender, and still make a good pick on getting a solid WR second or third round. Steve Smith was picked 3rd round by the Panthers, and look how that turned out. It just seems that the D and O-line are the parts that need healing the most (this is just from an observer). As for Quinn, he might be a Joey Harrington remake, but who knows once he reaches the NFL. That was just my opinion, no matter how educated/uneducated it may have come off (which in this case, the latter of the 2 would strike most minds). Once again, didn't mean to offend, and sorry for coming off like that.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: