Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Antrell Rolle????
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beartn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Antrell Rolle???? Reply with quote

I have heard and seen that they may be taking Antrel Rolle in the draft which I laughed at, but then saw that not only are they looking to dump R-Dub but they mught trade Azumah to the jets, now would this be a real mind blow
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do u think think we would get in return for Azumah?
beartn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know I would like to replace that 3rd rounder we lost but I don't htink a team will give up a 3rd for Azumah, maybe a 4th?
IlliniBears

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you hear this news about us possibly trading Azuhma to the Jets...do you have a source?? Also, I think that pac man would be a better corner than Rolle. I think that Rolle would be better fit at free safety, a position he also played in college besides corner.
beartn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

profootballtalk

"Elsewhere in the Bears' backfield, we're hearing unsubstantiated rumors that cornerback Jerry Azumah could be traded to the Jets. We ran this one by our official mole, who couldn't confirm it"

You can log on and check it out
Irishbears

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldnt be totally against picking up Rolle but not at 4. He will probably have a better career than Jones, Rolle was a playmaking ballhawk in college kind of like Ed Reed light. If we cut RW then we will need Azumah for returns dont think its in our best interest to trade him. If we can trade down and get Rolle he would help our already good corners and could move to FS in a year or two. Brown is great but he is also injury prone. If we could pick up a third some how in that move down we could get Nugent in the second. JMO
Jack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats stupid, why would the bears trade Azumah. He is their leading kickoff returner who has been to the pro-bowl, he's our #2 CB behind Tillman, plus trading him would only create more holes in the bears this offseason. It would be a useless trade to break up such a dominant, young defense that will only get better,unless a SWEET deal would come our way.

Now if we were trading R.W. THEN that would be a different story, because I dont see us keeping him around much longer, not at the price we have him at now. I think Vashner is an EXCELLENT CB to cover the slot. I'm still not sold on him as the #2, nor am I sold on RW as a #2, so for us to trade away Azumah would leave a hole in the #2 CB spot. RW is OK at best, I think he gives to much cushion to opposing WRs. I didnt really see anything wrong with him at the saftey position, but then again I really didnt see anything right with him there either. He's an average CB at best with good punt return skills. Trade him if you can, cut him if you cant trade him.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
delakev

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be furious if they traded Azumah. As of now we have 2 MINOR holes on defense SS and OLB. SS can be bolstered by a second day pick and there are OLBs who will be cut after June 1st. I don't think replacing our third round pick is worth drafting a CB and having to wait a year or two to figure out if we can win with him. I mean I think it is kind of weird that Angelo who has done very well after the second round drafting wise would give up a third rounder for O-Gun. Because now it looks like he is scrambling to do whatever he can to recoup that pick.

Thanks so much Scar!!
beartn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly believe the Bears thought they would end up with a much better record and the 3rd round pick would not be as important
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack - I would see Vasher as the #2 CB, with Zoom at #3. It's hard to figure they would move 2 CB's in the same offseason, unless of course they have a sleeper somewhere for #4 CB.
Jack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing i dont like about Vasher being the #2 CB is that he isnt as dominant, i dont think he is that big, and isnt a vet like Azumah is. I remember Lovie saying that Azumah is the best slot cover man he's ever seen, but Azumah isnt playing in the slot CB, hes playing our #2 CB. Trade RW for what u can, otherwise cut his salary, and if that doesnt work, dump him, he's not worth as much as we are paying him.

"You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they donít play together, the club wonít be worth a dime."--Babe Ruth
Bernie Mac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade Him, he is overrated.
BoKnowsFootball

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO I think Azumah is more valuable to our team than anything a trade would bring. I dont think anyone would give up anything more than a 4th rounder and Azumah is better than that
CanadianBearsFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vasher isn't dominant?
Come again?
he led all the Defensive rookies in the league with 3 ints.

as much as or more than anyone else on our defense.
bringbackditka

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Canadian. This guy learned against Roy Williams and gets 5 picks in limited action as a rookie? We can dump RW, that's fine. But before trading Azumah, we should have a good #3, which is where he's best (IMO). His contract is up in a year, so if we extend him, we should do so carefully, as he shouldn't be paid a ton.

A point of note, Vasher led the Bears with 5 ints to Zoom's 4, 35 yd return avg to 32, 71 yd TD to 70 yd TD.

Zoom only played 12 games, so maybe he should start, but I really like Vasher (all 16 games, but very limited in the beginning of the season).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: