You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First Lions Mock 2006
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kiper Jr. Jr.


Joined: 05 Feb 2006
Posts: 1324
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: First Lions Mock 2006 Reply with quote

im sitting in study hall right now with nothing to do. so im gonna make a mock draft. Based on the standings, in this mock the lions will have the 4 Pick.

1) Joe Thomas- Quinn and AP are gone by this point and brohm isn't in draft, so we get a freak at the LT position who will ancor the line for years to come

2) Fred Bennett-CB- I don't know if he will be here at number 36 but if he is this is a great pick hes got blazing speed at 4.45 and could really help us

3) Courtney Taylor- WR- good reciever and we need some help at that position believe it or not. this could depend on what mike williams does

4) Prescott Burgess- has had a great start to the season and probably will go higher. would be great someday along side ernie sims

5) Drew Tate- We take a chance on him. his height may scare some teams away and if he is avalilable here we should take him

6)BPA

7) BPA

im not sure if some of the people ive picked would be gone by that position but i tried

please only constructive critisism
_________________


Many Thanks to miafins23, for graciously letting me use this sweet sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 28320
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think QB would be high on your list. You have the WR's, you have the RB. Get a young QB and O-line and that O can take you far. However Thomas would be a great pick.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 20204
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I would think QB would be high on your list. You have the WR's, you have the RB. Get a young QB and O-line and that O can take you far. However Thomas would be a great pick.


What WR's do we have other than Roy? Mike Williams sure hasn't proven himself. Our offensive line isn't very good either. They don't give kitna a ton of time, and they sure don't open up many holes for KJ to run through. Green Bay was able to get a sack by rushing 3 men. Joe Thomas is a solid prospect, but worthy of the Top 4? I wouldn't think so with all of the tallent in the top of the draft.
_________________
LionsFTW wrote:
I got called too abrasive at work the other day, so I'm holding back hard right now so I can prove that jerkoff wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
darkomilicic


Joined: 11 Mar 2006
Posts: 935
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: First Lions Mock 2006 Reply with quote

Kiper Jr. Jr. wrote:
im sitting in study hall right now with nothing to do. so im gonna make a mock draft. Based on the standings, in this mock the lions will have the 4 Pick.

1) Joe Thomas- Quinn and AP are gone by this point and brohm isn't in draft, so we get a freak at the LT position who will ancor the line for years to come

2) Fred Bennett-CB- I don't know if he will be here at number 36 but if he is this is a great pick hes got blazing speed at 4.45 and could really help us

3) Courtney Taylor- WR- good reciever and we need some help at that position believe it or not. this could depend on what mike williams does

4) Prescott Burgess- has had a great start to the season and probably will go higher. would be great someday along side ernie sims

5) Drew Tate- We take a chance on him. his height may scare some teams away and if he is avalilable here we should take him

6)BPA

7) BPA

im not sure if some of the people ive picked would be gone by that position but i tried

please only constructive critisism


The fourth pick might be the worst pick to have in this draft. AP, Quinn, and Calvin are all gone, which means we can't take any of them, (although the only one I would want is Johnson), and no one wants to trade up because those three are gone. However, we still need to trade down.
1st- After watching Rex Grossman (sigh, it hurts just to say the name) tear up our secondary, I'm convinced we need help in the secondary with our first round pick. If we trade down say, 4 or 5 spots, then I'd take Laron Landry. He's a sick safety who can play either position, kind of like Bullocks, but better. Most likely, Bullocks will play stong, since kennedy has not shown that he's the same player he was in denver, and Landry can play free. If he's not there, then a few picks later, I'd love to get either CB Antoine Cason from Arizona, or Daymeion Hughes from Cal. Either could step in and easily be our nickle, or maybe even start. And both could be stars in a few years.
2nd- We need O-line help. Either, Justin Blaylock from texas, or best gaurd available would be best though.
3rd- QB to groom, maybe stanton if he's here, doubt troy smith is available, or chris leak, Drew Tate would be more likely here than 5th round.
4th- I know our receiving core looks like garbage right now, but I'll give them one more year. More specifically, Mike Williams. So this is a good round to get a TE. Fitz is a career backup, Campbell is more for blocking, and Pollard is pretty much done. If we could get someone like Clark Harris from Rutgers or Tyler Ecker from Michigan i'd be happy with that.
5th- BPA- maybe someone like Dan Bazuin from Central if he slips. He's from a small school and if he doesn't put up the big numbers like he did last year because he's being doubled every game, he could slide some. I work with the football team here at Central, and he is very impressive.
6th- BPA
7th- BPA

Any other suggestions?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nb5005


Joined: 01 Feb 2006
Posts: 1030
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Tate 5th round no that would be like getting Tom Brady in the 6th round. Personally I do not want to pick a OL we need to get one in free agency. Here are people I think we should look at if Quinn and AP are gone. Gaines Adams, Calvin Johnson, Antione Cason, or just trade down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 28320
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I would think QB would be high on your list. You have the WR's, you have the RB. Get a young QB and O-line and that O can take you far. However Thomas would be a great pick.


What WR's do we have other than Roy? Mike Williams sure hasn't proven himself. Our offensive line isn't very good either. They don't give kitna a ton of time, and they sure don't open up many holes for KJ to run through. Green Bay was able to get a sack by rushing 3 men. Joe Thomas is a solid prospect, but worthy of the Top 4? I wouldn't think so with all of the tallent in the top of the draft.


Well I agree that after Roy you dont have much...but most teams dont have a Roy on the roster at all...and I dont think ANOTHER first round WR is the way to go.

O-line or QB (I still think QB) is what I see the Lions going in the first next year.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Idi Amin


Joined: 05 Mar 2005
Posts: 721
Location: Long Beach, Cali
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: First Lions Mock 2006 Reply with quote

darkomilicic wrote:
However, we still need to trade down.
1st- After watching Rex Grossman (sigh, it hurts just to say the name) tear up our secondary, I'm convinced we need help in the secondary with our first round pick. If we trade down say, 4 or 5 spots, then I'd take Laron Landry. He's a sick safety who can play either position, kind of like Bullocks, but better. Most likely, Bullocks will play stong, since kennedy has not shown that he's the same player he was in denver, and Landry can play free. If he's not there, then a few picks later, I'd love to get either CB Antoine Cason from Arizona, or Daymeion Hughes from Cal. Either could step in and easily be our nickle, or maybe even start. And both could be stars in a few years.


don't you know this isn't Madden and you can't trade picks so easily Rolling Eyes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Idi Amin


Joined: 05 Mar 2005
Posts: 721
Location: Long Beach, Cali
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper Jr. Jr. - you're a [edit]....I was gonna start a draft countdown thread, but you beat me to it Surprised

For starters, I don't think we have the fourth pick...as bad as we've been, we could still win 5-6 games.

Offensively, OT would be the only position we would take in the first round. We passed on the Montana/Brady QB in Leinart and the Favre type in Cutler, so I think it is clear that as long as we have MArtz, we will not take a QB in the first round...we are good at RB, Martz does not use receiving TEs, and its too early for a G or C. I wouldn't be bound by what the public says or wants, but I just think they don't have the balls to take another WR with a top ten pick and therefore, I think the only offensive position we might take in the first would be OT

Defensively, we could use everything but DT. Marinelli has Hall, but needs the Simeon Rice tall, long-armed, speed DE and the shutdown CB. LB would be a possiblity, but I'm thinking they'll look at DE and CB first, S and LB secondly.

Its' just far too early to prognosticate, there is still 3/4 of the NCAA season, and the combine, but I think we would be right to keep an eye on the top OT, DE, and CB prospects.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Idi Amin


Joined: 05 Mar 2005
Posts: 721
Location: Long Beach, Cali
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

O-line or QB (I still think QB) is what I see the Lions going in the first next year.


See my previous post...we will not take a QB in the first round (even if we need one Very Happy ).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Idi Amin


Joined: 05 Mar 2005
Posts: 721
Location: Long Beach, Cali
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nb5005 wrote:
Personally I do not want to pick a OL we need to get one in free agency.


We've done that the past three years and failed miserably. We need a franchise OT and you only get stop-gaps in FA. Since Scott fell to the 5th, he probably doesn't have the goods...we'll need to draft a thoroughbred
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Idi Amin


Joined: 05 Mar 2005
Posts: 721
Location: Long Beach, Cali
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: First Lions Mock 2006 Reply with quote

darkomilicic wrote:


The fourth pick might be the worst pick to have in this draft. AP, Quinn, and Calvin are all gone, which means we can't take any of them, (although the only one I would want is Johnson), and no one wants to trade up because those three are gone. However, we still need to trade down.
1st- After watching Rex Grossman (sigh, it hurts just to say the name) tear up our secondary, I'm convinced we need help in the secondary with our first round pick. If we trade down say, 4 or 5 spots, then I'd take Laron Landry. He's a sick safety who can play either position, kind of like Bullocks, but better. Most likely, Bullocks will play stong, since kennedy has not shown that he's the same player he was in denver, and Landry can play free. If he's not there, then a few picks later, I'd love to get either CB Antoine Cason from Arizona, or Daymeion Hughes from Cal. Either could step in and easily be our nickle, or maybe even start. And both could be stars in a few years.
2nd- We need O-line help. Either, Justin Blaylock from texas, or best gaurd available would be best though.
3rd- QB to groom, maybe stanton if he's here, doubt troy smith is available, or chris leak, Drew Tate would be more likely here than 5th round.
4th- I know our receiving core looks like garbage right now, but I'll give them one more year. More specifically, Mike Williams. So this is a good round to get a TE. Fitz is a career backup, Campbell is more for blocking, and Pollard is pretty much done. If we could get someone like Clark Harris from Rutgers or Tyler Ecker from Michigan i'd be happy with that.
5th- BPA- maybe someone like Dan Bazuin from Central if he slips. He's from a small school and if he doesn't put up the big numbers like he did last year because he's being doubled every game, he could slide some. I work with the football team here at Central, and he is very impressive.
6th- BPA
7th- BPA

Any other suggestions?


Philisophically, I agree with you

I think that there is no doubt that we need to go OL and DB with our first two picks, in either order at this stage I don't care.

In 3-5 we need, and I think Martz will keep his eye open, for an Az-Hakim (in the Rams days) type slot WR, interior OL, and LB.

I personally don't think Lehman should be a starter, I know you guys might disagree, but hear me out. Both Lehman and Bailey are always injured...and Sims is a risk the way he throws himself around. If we take a guy who could legitimately be our MLB, if not then OLB and Bailey MLB. This would give us Draftee, Sims, and Bailey as starters and when Bailey gets hurt, Lehman comes off the bench. He'd be a great #4 LB
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsRoar17


Joined: 27 Jul 2006
Posts: 2340
Location: Southern Illinois
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: First Lions Mock 2006 Reply with quote

Kiper Jr. Jr. wrote:


5) Drew Tate- We take a chance on him. his height may scare some teams away and if he is avalilable here we should take him


I dont think he will fall that far. He is supposed to be a Hiesman canidate, and he has way to much talent to fall that far.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
qball8001


Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 7934
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Ted Ginn?
_________________
Lions are completely inept.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Drunkengoalie


Joined: 09 Apr 2005
Posts: 187
Location: Marquette, MI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't want to draft a Wide Reciver again for a couple years. I think if we are going to go QB Drew Stanton might be one to look at if he can stay healthy this season. I also don't think we will end up 4th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
qball8001


Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 7934
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want first pick so we can get AP.
_________________
Lions are completely inept.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group