Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leader of the DJ fanclub
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Leader of the DJ fanclub Reply with quote

Hey guys I'm new here, the Bears in my opinion have to pick Derrick Johnson. He's easily the best playmaker in the draft. The guy is a turnover machine, and any offense can put up points when they're constantly in the opposing red-zone. The most ideal scenario would be to trade down in the second and possibly pick up a third. Hopefully Matt Jones is there, and we can pick up a back or maybe another wide out with whatever pick we get from the trade. Imagine Moose and Matt Jones in the red zone. Who's gonna stop that. Now, if DJ's not there take Mike Williams and hope burnett falls to us in the second.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like DJ, but don't think that he is gonna walk into the NFL and just shutdown everyone. He is a great athlete and a playmaker but he has a lot of work to do to before he's a great player in the NFL. I can't see the Bears using the fourth overall on the Def side of the ball.

If Ronnie Brown drops to us at four - you take him, no questions. Maybe you keep him, maybe you trade him (or TJ)... but you still take him.

If Brown is gone and either Edwards or Williams is gone - then you take whichever WR is left - no questions.

If all three (Brown, Williams and Edwards) are gone, well... now you have a dilema. Someone is gonna want to trade up at this point - maybe St. Louis, I'm not sure. But you can get a middle 1st rounder and at least their 3rd rounder. You take the best WR or RB on the board when your picks come up. There are a million possibilities as to who we would get with those picks, but you are gonna get some very good players (and more of them) - that's for sure.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we didn't get an accurate read of our defense last year with all the injuries and the fact that our offense could not stay on the field, but how many times would teams just run up and down our defense. The friggin' Cowboys killed us. If we pick DJ we solidify our defense as one that should be feared. I hear everyone on this forum talking about getting a playmaker with the fourth overall pick. DJ is the biggest playmaker as he causes fumbles at an alarmingly awsome rate. Ronnie Brown although impressive will not be as much as an immediate impact player as DJ, and I want to win now
rub10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know how scared Mike Vick would be when we played him if we drafted DJ because hed be facing three amazing Linebackers(Lance Briggs Brian Urlacher Derrick Johnson) Vick would actually try to throw it for once.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His senior year DJ casued a fumble every 14.4 tackles on average. Lovie loves the strip. Angelo is smoke screening so hard. That's y he released Terrel (so others would think we would draft a wide receiver) and that's y he is talking up the RB class. The Bears secretly covet DJ. If we can get others to trade up for what we don't really want, then more power to us. Don't be so scared that the Vikings get Mike Williams or Braylon. In my opinion we contained Randy Moss pretty well, and some games we shut him down, and neither of these receivers are as good as he is. DJ is a player that will make an immediate impact, and cause fear in the hearts of all that step foot into Soldier Field
GRRLacher

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Where'sRaymont? -

Quote:
The Bears secretly covet DJ

Did you read this somewhere or is that just your opinion? I ask because I haven't heard anything about the Bears coveting DJ anywhere. If it's true I would like to read up on it and see what's going on.

I think that DJ is just not what we need right now - I would love to see him in a Bears uniform, but we really have more pressing needs on draft day other than OLB. The offense was more than sad last year, and it needs a lot more help than our Defense does.

However... DJ would probably have our defense talked about in the same breath with the Ravens... which would be a nice thing! Even if it's only because of his potential.

Overall I'm very happy with the offseason moves they have made, and no matter who we end up taking I think it will be a good move - Angelo and Lovie seems to be on the same page and are working together - and that's a good thing.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to GRRlacher this is just who I think the Bears will pick, but supposedly the Bears loved DJ at the Combine. Angelo is notorious for smoke screening and being secretive of his moves. All of his actions this offseason would lead one to believe that the Bears are going to choose a Wr (releasing Terrel and personally attending Mike Williams' workout) or Rb (Angelo is on record as praising the Rb class espcially the top one's, but I find it hard to believe Angelo would tip his hand so early. Thus, I believe DJ is the biggest playmaker, and who the bears will select. Lovie is defensive minded coach, and DJ possesses all the traits that would make him an amazing linebacker in our cover 2 defense. Also, our offense is infinitely better with Grossman playing, the aquisition of Moose, and our strengthened offensive line. Remember, we were ranked about 15th in the league in offense the first three games of the season (the only accurate read of our personnel). Our offense is better with our moves and with DJ we have a top five defense.
GRRLacher

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why all the secrecy on Angelo's part? I don't see what point it serves... so nobody has a true idea of who you are gonna pick - big deal. If you think that the three teams ahead of us could give a crap about who we like or need then you are mistaken. Of course they have an idea... but since we are below them it's really of no consequence to them who we take or who we want.

I like DJ... like I said - but we have bigger needs and passing up a possible big time back or WR to sure up a defense that is already pretty damn good just doesn't seem like the type of thing Angelo will do.
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense is pretty good, but teams ran up and down the field on us. Do you not remember the second Packer game? Our defense could use the help, or if not the Packers remember Julius Jones running all over our face on Thanksgiving. We are infinitely better on offense with Grossman and the offseason moves. I love running backs, but one can be had for a lesser price, and there are some very intriguing Wr talents later in the draft. Plus, I would hope Jerry Angelo would not let everyone know who he wants, so that teams could trade up and take them before us. Any GM worth his salt is performing some level of smoke screening as far as personnel choices.
delakev

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raymont-

The reason that teams ran all over us (IMO) is: because the defense would force a three and out and our offense couldn't sustain a drive, thus they would be on the field way too long. Plus we had way too many injuries to even gauge how well they could've been. It is evident that our D was above and beyond the O, but I don't think we need to get DJ to put the D over the top. I want to see Brown or MWilliams @ 4 and by chance both are gone DJ would be an excellent consolation prize for me.

Thanks so much Scar!!
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense was good not great. DJ could put us over the top on that side of the ball. I would have no problem with a selection of Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards, as I think both will be good or even great players. However, I know this is a controversial opinion, but I don't really care for Ronnie Brown. He did not even start for Auburn, and I know all of his great measureables, his great receiving ability, he's a team player blah blah blah. The fact is he did not start for his own team, and if he was better of the two, then he would have. DJ is a rare talent at the outside linebacker position, and could quite possibly be the best prospect in the draft.
Canadianbear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in agreement with Raymont on Ronnie Brown. I keep hearing good things about him, but the fact is taht Caddilac started every year he played and got 1000 yards each year, I think, maybe i am wrong. So if the Bears had a choice between Mike Williams, DJ, Caddilac, or Ronnie Brown, and they take Brown, I will be upset. Not only are they taking a running back, which isnt our biggest need, they arent even taking the best back in the draft.
duh bears!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also be fine with DJ. He reminds me of Derrik Thomas of KC, not so much in playing style but he creates the same sort of havic on the field.

I can see a trade with Washington, I have a feeling one of these runing backs will drop. Any of the three would be good. I am also a little nervous about Brown, I just don't know if he has "it".
I have seen clips of H. Miller TE the guy is awesome. We could take him @ #9.

I also like the idea of trading down in the 2nd.

I think my favorite trade is with Philly.
We could take their #31 #35 and one of their #3's.

#31 Reggie Brown WR UGA
#35 Vernand Morecy OK ST or M Barber Minn or JJ Arrington U Cal
#38 Alex Smith TE Stanford
#77 Donte Nicholson SS OK
#100 Boomer Grigsby LB ISU
#131 Dan Buenning OG Wisconsin
#166 Johnathan Nichols K Mississippi
# coin toss
delakev

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying we trade our #4 for their 1st, 2nd, and one of their thirds?

Thanks so much Scar!!
Where'sRaymont?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If u guys haven't go to the draft section of this forum and watch the DJ highlight reel. Now, I know you can make a highlight reel out of anyone (except John Quinn), but u can just see this guy is a baller. You cannot coach that speed or how he just seems to strip everyone. DJ will be a day 1 starter unlike a running back, and would help us much more than a number 2 wide receiver. My point is DJ is the best propect to come out of his position in years, and is just about the most sure thing in this draft. Roddy White might fall to us in the second. If not trade down a few spots pick up Matt Jones (who has more upside than just about anyone in the draft) and hopefully pick up a third.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: