Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If we get a third round pick for Tait....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: If we get a third round pick for Tait.... Reply with quote

We really need to consider drafting a tackle. There are some good developmental tackles that might be around for a pick at the end of the third round. Wesley Britt of Alabama, Michael Muņoz of Tennessee, and Michael Roos of Eastern Washington would all be good values with that pick. Roaf isn't going to be around forever. If one of these guys could learn behind him for a couple years and prevent us from having to use a first round pick a couple years from now on a tackle, it would be worth it.
2TP3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've always been goo at developing O linemen from later in the draft so I say wait till like the 5th round.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but it's alot easier to develop a right tackle or guard from late in the draft than it is a left tackle.
2TP3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AngryChiefsFan wrote:
Yeah, but it's alot easier to develop a right tackle or guard from late in the draft than it is a left tackle.

?????most tackles can play both sides, the QBs blind side has nothing to do with development, assuming thats what you mean of course.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we did get a 3rd rnd pick for compensation for tait .. it will be pick # 99 overall. this is really good for us. now if we trade our 2nd for Surtain .. we're not stuck with only one day one pick ! there are alot of linebackers that grade right into that late 3rd early 4th round (kirk morrison comes to mind) plus it gives us a pick to trade with shoould we look to go up or whatever (i'd prefer down. . i still want the philly trade !!!!! but most of ya'll know i've been wanting that for months ! i'd give our 1st and 3rd for phillys 1st rnd and 2nd rnd pick from mia)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8314832
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
AngryChiefsFan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left tackle in the NFL requires a larger degree of athleticism. I think you see very few top NFL left tackles come from day two.

Though I won't be heartbroken if we go defense with both picks. I wouldn't mind a Sutrain trade and linebackers in the first and third. Thomas Davis and Kirk Morrison would be a great one two combo that would give us some good options at linebacker.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: